Baradiel

Haunted Promethians

Donor

wondering if anyone has thought about having their promethean PCs be haunted by the ghosts of the original owners of their bodies? (sucks to be frankensteins!)

i think that would be an interesting dynamic.

any thoughts?

Guest SKeLoRiC

See the Ghost Ally Merit in Second Sight. (P65)

As a Flaw its paradoxically both both simpler and more complex.

The Promethean would get bonus 1 XP when the ghost interfered with their life but even that has a limit,

Flaws (World of Darkness P 217-219) lack a Supernatural Flaw subgroup so first we add that.

Next we must decide just how often and how debilitating it is.

No matter how debilitating one can only receive a simple +1 XP per chapter by the rules from what I read and thus we have to be careful in deciding just how strong this "Haunted" phenomenon is.

Can't help you there, I'm way to worried that it would be either too weak or too strong and haven't a clue about anything other than those who can talk to ghosts have eyes looking over your shoulder at anything you'd rather they not see.

That alone could be worth the points if that was all the ghost could do.

That's an interesting idea. It seems like it'd be most dangerous for an Ulgan, since they can move into Twilight if they want. Which would expose them to the ghost, make it VERY difficult to gain Pyros by sleeping in their element, and because ghosts can't even see non-Ephemeral beings without the correct Numina...forget about even influencing such things.

Then again, maybe this is a metaphysical impossibility. Prometheans can't be Ridden or Claimed by Spirits, after all, and the reasoning behind that is that their Azoth torches any Spirit trying to Ride the Promethean. Similarly, the leftover matter that is a ghost could be severely harmed by the Azoth of a Promethean, and so not be able to haunt them like you're talking about... by which you mean having the Prometheans exist as anchors for the ghosts.

Oh, but that could be a series of milestones in such a chronicle if ghosts can use Prometheans as anchors and haunt them. Communicating meaningfully with the ghosts, learning why they're haunting the Prometheans, taking steps to bring closure and have the ghosts be at peace....yea, lots of potential there.

I did it in a chronicle, the player affected by it doesn't know it yet but he is being haunted by the ghost of the owner of the parts he was made of. In this case the player is a galatea stannum, a very old one, coming from 1800 or something (i let them have his character that way because he doesnt know a few... details, i added to make his life miserable because of this), the ghost anchor is the "statue" the promethean guards with his life, and that is part of the art collection he moves museum to museum as its curator (the statue is in fact, a statue of his maker with his remains inside, a famale galateid who was killed seconds after breathing life into him), the ghost is "angry" at him, not because he is using his body, but because the main goal of the character is to find a way to bring back his maker/lover EXACTLY as she was, something he cannot do even if the remains of her maker were usable for creating a new promethean. the thing is that the ghost loved and hated the galatea who made the character, and he still want her to be his and his alone. he doesn't want to share it with this thing who is using his former body.

he cannot know who is this specter who intrude his dreams because the ghost present himself as a sick, skinny version of himself (skinny like he was about to die of starvation), the only clue i can give the player is that he find the ghost eyes familiar, he hasn't figured out yet who is it.

Donor

How about a ghost that doesn't actually haunt him...but, anyone that comes near. A ghost that either tries to get others to discover what it is, or to get them to destroy it; so that the ghost can rest?

Donor

very interesting everyone. panda, that is an interesting concept.

I really like the ideas the concept and words of the title of this thread inspire.

Haunted body parts...