Sign in to follow this  
MrGonev5

Beowulf

Curator

So, anyone seen the new Beowulf?

I thought it was awesome!! Sometimes I forgot I was watching a computer animated movie.

The story is pretty good, using the story of Beowulf we all know, but with a twist! I thought they did an awesome job on it. If you haven't seen it, you owe it yourself to check it out.

Did you see it in 3 D and it so how awesome was it? Was it World of the Worlds good or was it 300 jump out of your seats good?

I want to see it, but I don't have the time right now...

Curator

I have not got to see it in IMAX 3D yet, but I plan to this week I'm hoping.

I'd say its 300 jump out your seat good tho.

I saw it on digital 3D. Best 3D movie Ive seen EVER.

Angelina Jolie made me want to turn straight, she looked that hot!

SERIOUSLY?! Oh my g... *goes to try and create a friends night out*

Curator
And yea, Angelina Jolie was looking very nice, I do have to say.

Curator

I saw it in 3D over the weekend. Man, that kicked ass!! It was 3D the entire way though the movie. If you want to see it, thats the way to go. If you have seen it, then you need to see it again in IMAX 3D.

Donor

Saw it last night. The 3D was cool, but over all it was pretty much a let down, especially since they butchered the epic into this closure-less piece of shit story. And half the time I thought I was watching a video game commercial.

I saw this movie a while ago, and it blew my mind.

I love how they made Beowulf into a classically pagan antihero, with non-standard morals befitting his contemporary society. I also loved how strongly the theme of actions and consequences was interwoven with the central plot. It dominated the story, but without overshadowing it.

I'm a sucker for over the top power-masculine nude action, so this movie goes right on my love list together with 300, Alexander and Troy.

The screenplay is written by Neil Gaiman, so there really isn't any mystery to why I liked it so much.

What I specifically didn't like was all the mountains they stuffed in denmark.. The flattest country on earth.. But hey, its a fantasy movie with dragons and shit, so I guess I can handle some mountains.