Sign in to follow this  
Mister Demon Shintai

Bloodlines... Grumfield Bach's "Edges"

I know that Hunter - The Reckoning came out about two years before Bloodines did and, having just recently gotten into Hunter, I've noticed that the fanatical German (or maybe Austrian?) Inquisitor was given powers similar to those listed in the Hunter books.

By my recollection I'm certain Grumfield has Radiate (that thing where he brings up his Cross and yells "Bear witness!" to blind you with, presumably, the light of Heaven) but what eludes me is his quote, unquote "Holy Protection" as lots of sites call it where he yells "Faith, shield me!" and becomes immune to gunfire for a short period of time.

I was thinking it might have been the Burn Edge, but according to what I've read that doesn't affect objects... just supernaturals and mortals who get to close to the Hunter using it.

Anyone have any suggestions to what it might be, or am I to point the blame at Troika trying to make an already interesting boss character more difficult? :P

Donor

Possibly bluster?

Gimme some time to play with Console and I'll give you the names of the powers in the game. Don't know anything about Hunter though, so can't help you otherwise.

I'll do it tomorrow, I am too lazy now.

Donor

I don't think he's one of the Imbued using Edges. After all, he's an Inquisitor, so he already has had contact with the supernatural.

Donor

Odds are he is just an inquisitor with true faith, but it is possible that he is instead a hunter who joined after the fact.

Donor

Not from what I saw. The guy was obsessed for a number of years and wanted Prince what's his name dead for killing his father. I read the journals (thank you obfuscate).

I'd say it was true Faith. It's capable of some feats that would match with what Bacht could do.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this