Joslyn

Joslyns art

Well I love to draw, art is a passion of mine in all forms(music and poetry being the main one, higher then art.)

I don't think my arts that good but I like to show people it. sooo I'm going to show ya'll.

This is my current Mage character Adrine Evans:

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs17/f/2007/140/...diac_Kitten.jpg

(I'm to lazy right now to type up how she awoke and such.) The wings are a paradox flaw she got when she awakened...scanner made them to dark, they should be barely visible, basically they're a distortion in the air behind her shaped like wings. (Think how on a hot day you look at the pavement and see the distortion from the heat rising off the ground)

For now thats all I have uploaded I'll post some more in a bit

Wow, that's a great idea for a paradox flaw! Very evocative!

What tradition does she belong to?

Thank mindnsoul for the creative flaw lol

She's a Hollow One.

Drew something new..edited:

I originally said this wasnt WOD related but then once it was pointed out to me I looked it over again, and realized it was my current Orpheus character..has her stains her look...so my bad for looking like a fool.

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/198...diac_Kitten.jpg

Edited by Josyln

Donor

The title of the piece, and the look, suggest Orpheus to me, which is WOD related.

They would make interesting Orpheus character Stains, particularly nasty ones though.

Mortanius.

The title of the piece, and the look, suggest Orpheus to me, which is WOD related.

They would make interesting Orpheus character Stains, particularly nasty ones though.

Mortanius.

yeah, thats pretty much all I've been reading lately. (the title was really random, I was reading my character sheet realized a couple of stains were similar to my drawing and thus stuck the title stains to it.)

I have to agree they would, not very appealing but then again stains arent meant for good looks I believe.

Donor

Stains are meant to be nasty, they are a reflection of the darker side of the character, they are a manifestation of the experiances and personality traits that we'd all like to forget/hide.

The claws are rather easy to explain, the others are less easy, starting characters normally have 3 stains. I pretty much picked out 3 seperate stains in the image: Claws, ..bone visibility? (or are they extremely thin, tattoed arms? Or arms covered with leeches or other creatures?), and some sort of facial disfigurement.

Stains are supposed to provide a system benefit, and a system disadvantage. It would be interesting working out what the stains are, why they are, and what they do system wise.

In other words your artwork is thought provoking. Orpheus has that effect heh, I'm glad it inspired you.

Mortanius.

Edited by Mortanius

Yeah I ended up figuring that...

the three stains she has are: Claws, Hypnotic markings and skeletal form.

now I interpreted the stains in my own way..when manifesting all three at once the markings instead of appearing on skin appear on the bones, and thinking on it I didn't really like the full skeleton concept, and took it in my own way again. Having instead of a full skeleton have only half her body be skeletal.

The facial disfigurement you see is my poor attempt at exposing her skull partway to fit with the rest of how her stain appears.

Stains are supposed to provide a system benefit, and a system disadvantage. It would be interesting working out what the stains are, why they are, and what they do system wise.

I could easily tell you what each advantage and disadvantage is if you want, assuming you don't already know or have a copy of Orpheus on hand. As for why they are, I believe the way our ST set it up was that they go along with your personality, we choose them, but only after hearing the descriptions and knowing if they's fit with our characters.

Thanks....Its not often I'm inspired by a game, but like you said Orpheus really does have that effect.

Donor

Like the second pic, the first pic didn't load for me. Third pic is nice but it seems CtL to me....

Like the second pic, the first pic didn't load for me.

sorry about that I moved stuff around and forgot to fix the link on here.

As for the third pic, I dont know anything about CtL...so I cant see what you are seeing.

Edited by Josyln

Donor
As for the third pic, I dont know anything about CtL...so I cant see what you are seeing.
It just seems to have a Fae quality to me. Not a bad thing to me given I love CtL.

Finally we got a long running game going where everyone focuses and actually roleplays rather then screwing off.

and who would have thought it would be a game I used to hate.

Anyways this is my Solar Exalted Lira -

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2008/029...diac_Kitten.jpg

and her again before she accidently damned and then later destroyed Nexus-

http://fc.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2008/029/1...diac_Kitten.jpg

New exalted game really got me back into drawing.

This is Daeva a twilight solar, whos far to trusting her artifact is the gold solar metal i cant ever spell, and Jade and the etchings on it match her tattoos lining up in such a way its almost as if they fit together.The tattoos were a gift from her lunar husband in a previous incarnation, in this one she got them because she felt inspired one day to get them done (she found out later on what they really were when she actually meets her 'husband') The gauntlet's only really ability is that it can fire essence (like a crypt bolt if you want an example) You'll have to forgive my crappy coloring, and how badly done the tattoos are, i dont have a steady hand nor a lot of patience.

started playing from mortal to exaltation, and our ST made use of her past lover in a horrible way. but my god his plot was amazing.(**see below) http://zodiac-kitten.deviantart.com/art/So...Colors-88809790

I'll post what she looks like now tonight, its far different from what she started at...

**Basically he didn't show up one day to meet her, and she waited, came back again the next day he wasnt there either. same went for a month till she gave up. a year later she exalts. Deciding now was a good of a time as any, she traveled to Nexus where he said he was living. and found he had been sold, after paying the guy he tells her he had been sold almost 5 months ago to a man name Nersey. Funnily enough Nersey was an ally of hers. She wasnt happy. And summoned him (mortal magic lol ) He tells her Relan was sacrificed at one of the tombs.and that it wasnt his fault and she cant blame him cause he didnt know at the time who the hell she was or of the mans connection to her. Upset she left.

Later on in the game she had to complete so trials to learn her sorcery, and the last one was told to her by a spirit she knew well. Relan. He said her final lesson was sacrifice. She was to let him go and stop chasing after a dead love. Before she agreed she begged him to tell her what had happened to him. He explained that He had exalted, and afraid of her seeing him like that. So he left to rid himself of it. He said he was able to rid himself of the exaltation but on his way back to see her, made the mistake of pissing off someone in nexus and got himself sold off and he died not to long after.

She painfully let him go. a month later she got a badly burnt letter dated the day he didnt show to meet her, saying he had something to give her before he had to depart for a while.

Not to long after that as she was getting ready to leave nexus to return home, she saw him again, this time leading with him an army of dead as an Abyssal, his once smooth skin rotting and falling apart. She rushed to him.

When he asked if she intended to stop him she said no, and that she would step aside and act as if it hadnt happened. He spit in her face saying she was selfish for letting all of these people die for her own needs. She said he was right and told him to tell his men to back off that they would deal with this one on one. She had wanted to be the one to kill him if it had to be that way. He had his men stand down and stood in front of her. Before the fight began though she asked him what it was he was going to give her that day, and had to bit back tears as he threw a ring on the ground at her feet, he said it didnt matter now. in a cold voice she never thought she'd hear from him. Placing the ring in the small bag on her belt she stood tall and weaponless.

The fight didnt last long. both injured and him close to death, he shoved his sword through her chest. Ignoring the pain she channeled essence into her gauntlet. ONly to hear him speak. Saying that if she let that bolt go, it would cause the spell he had started to kill them both and severely injure her two friends whom had shown up but been told to stand back. He had purposly screwed up his spell just for this. silently calling for help she had hope Gato would come from the side and take him down, but not kill him. But thats not what happened. While she stood there impaled by Relans sword, and relan held the spell in his hand. Gato let Kravos go, he ran up behind relan stabbing him in the back killing him. His last words to her burned deep "You bitch." He thought she had betrayed him.

Later on she found out from gato who was watching the fight carefully that Relan had been holding back purposely. She still doesnt know why, and more then likely never will given that he is now beyond even death.

She ended up placeing a grave marker in the field where they fought and he died that second time, and with Gato's words in her mind to let him go. Buried the ring and the letter at its base.

eep sorry i love talking about my exalted character, its one of my best ones yet. and i dont have anyone outside the net save for my husband and our players to talk to about it and they are sick of me :P

Donor

I like your drawing style. Thanks for sharing. :)

Donor

Hey, thanks for the art and the character details, I found both interesting. I like the gauntlet and how the tattoo ties into it. That's a cool visual image.

I like your drawing style. Thanks for sharing. :)

Hey, thanks for the art and the character details, I found both interesting. I like the gauntlet and how the tattoo ties into it. That's a cool visual image.

glad you found it interesting..had hoped i wouldnt annoy anyone by posting such a long thing. and i keep hearing that alot about the gauntlet :) thank you very much

Eh new exalted character means new artwork, only time i draw anymore is when I feel inspiried by my roleplaying characters.

This is Isanah or Isa depending on who is adressing her :) I CAN'T draw a sword to save my life...especially not with a mouse and my twitchiness haha...maybe one day I can get a tablet and wont have to to this stuff the painful way. Crappy coloring job I know but I'm really no good with digital media but I wanted to see it in color so bad.

http://zodiac-kitten.deviantart.com/art/Ex...-Dawn-106018495

please do let me know what you think of it :)

Eh I guess its a work in progress i'll never finish, I have the pencil drawing I did before I uploaded to do the colors.

I really need to work on hands....also I forgot the feet when I did the colors and I'm really not wanting to go back and fix it right nowhaha.

Sad I can hardly draw anymore unless its for role-playing...My inspiration comes straight from the characters I make, the only way I can draw is to sit down and think of a new concept etc.

This is my Toreador Valiea.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/kic...n/valieaVTM.jpg

Edited by Josyln

Donor

Cool work, I just signed up to DeviantArt myself, finally.

Just added you as a friend (I'm "Blood-Bomb") Represent SnE :)

Latest work :) This is the line art version of my pencil drawing of Selria Diason my Solar exalt from a "modern" day game. think FF7 meets Exalted haha.

Pencil:

SelriaDiason.jpg

Line art:

selriawipcopy2.jpg

I'm in the progress of coloring it now and will post it eventually

Donor

You know Joslyn, you should continue like this, I can see alot of improvement in your drawings.

Not sure how you feel about them yourself but from own experience I know that ones own art might quite often feel like crap, like nothing is worth doing and that one can never improve.

This is not the case though, sometimes we are our own worst enemies.

You are heading in a great direction here and I'm looking forward to see more from you, including the coloured version of that latest image.

Once you start feeling more secure with your drawings, I would suggest you go and find yourself a cheap tablet. WACOM bamboo is a good choice, and see what you can do with it. Learn how to use preassure in the various programmes and see what different techniques of painting works for you (if it is- lines + painting in colours with lines intact, lines and then paint on top, or no lines at all, blocking in shapes and going from there).

Usually, in my own experience, the worst time is when you are learning the most. When you really feel like nothing works out whatsoever- when you get to those times, you should force yourself to paint or draw even more, because eventually you will feel like something popped and you just took several steps forward.

Some tips from li'l ol' me :)

You know Joslyn, you should continue like this, I can see alot of improvement in your drawings.

Not sure how you feel about them yourself but from own experience I know that ones own art might quite often feel like crap, like nothing is worth doing and that one can never improve.

This is not the case though, sometimes we are our own worst enemies.

You are heading in a great direction here and I'm looking forward to see more from you, including the coloured version of that latest image.

Once you start feeling more secure with your drawings, I would suggest you go and find yourself a cheap tablet. WACOM bamboo is a good choice, and see what you can do with it. Learn how to use preassure in the various programmes and see what different techniques of painting works for you (if it is- lines + painting in colours with lines intact, lines and then paint on top, or no lines at all, blocking in shapes and going from there).

Usually, in my own experience, the worst time is when you are learning the most. When you really feel like nothing works out whatsoever- when you get to those times, you should force yourself to paint or draw even more, because eventually you will feel like something popped and you just took several steps forward.

Some tips from li'l ol' me :)

You really just made my morning, its when people say things like this that really make me feel i've improved and gives me the confidence to keep on trying to get better and not just stay where I am. We really are our own enemies sometimes.

I've been looking into a tablet for a while, I would love to get into drawing straight onto the comp it would be more free form like drawing on paper just not okay I'm rambling and probably making no sense..its is 6am here. They're really quite expensive though, I dont see getting one for a while but I will and i imagine doign digital works will be far more comfertable and easy.

I really know how that is, I've still got a lot to learn i've been drawing since I was 13(i'm 20 now) and i've improved alot since then and right now the hard part is forcing myself through the new things. Like hands(somehow I never learned them haha.) and foreshortening, and poses. I've been working on them alot though and trying my best to draw at least once a day to try and improve that but like you said it doesnt feel like i'm making much improvement but I know i'll see it eventually :)

I really do thank you so much for your tips and kind words they truly mean alot.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.