• "I have never seen a better game!!"
    • "Its really impressive"
    • "It was not that bad actually"
    • "Lacked in some ways, but still playable"
    • "It needs serious modding to be playable"
    • "I broke my CD and erased my memory..."

Pius

Ok, lets see how you like this game.

It's really an awesome game. Although it has some serious bug issues I enjoyed it very much. The fact that you can play the game in so many different ways and that you are seldom enforced to play it the brutal way, makes it a true roleplaying game (in terms of computer games). At first I thought it was just an action game with some RPG elements but I realized very early that I was wrong. The atmosphere is amazing and the game world feels very alive. I think the game depicts the vampire world in an outstanding way.

I like it. Gets a little tedious at times and there are some glaring bug probelems (hopeing for a patch soon) but the storyline a AA+ (Thats Double A Plus) and it has some intresting characters.

Donor
They did release a patch. You can find it here.

Definately fun. I used a bit less finesse than is usually suggested. I played a Ventrue, and boosted my Fortitude up to 5. At that point, enemy firearms became a non-issue. All I worry about are burning things, big swords, and traps.

Loved the interaction. All I wish is that there was more customization for your appearence. I really didn't like some of the skins, especially the Brujah and Gangrel females. The Toreador female also had way too much of a Seventies thing going on.

Owning a club is fun.

that's my quick summation. I'll talk more if people want.

Donor

Tremere Advantage: Able to learn Thaumaturgy

Damn right.

Donor

-Hey Az, thanks for the patch link. icon13.gif

-Why my pleasure, anytime man. happy.gif

-You're cool Az, you know that? wink2.gif

-Aww I wouldn't say that but thanks for the compliment! icon6.gif

-Thanks again!

-Anytime! biggrin.gif

Note to self: Get friends.

I liked the way the Brujah gal looked!

It's worth buying, although a couple bugs (post patch) make the game a pain in the ass at the time of writing.

Unfortunately I have yet to play this game, though I look forward to trying it out.

Oh, and btw...Hollow, nice Fallout avatar. icon13.gif That was a fun game.

Donor

Well I got to play this game and found it to be quite a good game, the storyline was good and the characters and locations were immersive however it did bare some horendus flaws that made the game a little hard to swallow as it were, There was the case of Memory leakage and slowdown and even the horrendus opening cutscene.

I downloaded the patch and was amazed when i saw the opening cutscene was fixed, I thought hell that the rest of the game must be running fine.

imagine my horror when they didn't fix anything else, still did i see NPC pedestrians zooming around like they bore celerity, still did i have the slowdown even though my pc far and exceeds all the recomended settings.

I still like the game don't get me wrong i just wish it hadn't been so rushed, I would have gladly waited for the finished game not some shoddy if well written game that held me for a month.

best regards

Illispher

Donor

I like the game enough that I'm replaying it as a Ventrue. I'll probably go through as a few more clans to unlock each ending

Donor
Unfortunately I have yet to play this game, though I look forward to trying it out.

Oh, and btw...Hollow, nice Fallout avatar. icon13.gif That was a fun game.

Speaking of the devil...

You know that Troika is compused of the Fallout makers, right?

I loved Fallout and their later game, Arcanum. I bearly able to run HL2 on this machine so I think I'll upgrade before buying VTM:B. I just know the guys and galls (shellman) behind it and I'am sure its great.

Donor

Yes, I know, but with my first character, a Tremere, I don't think I was able to choose the Prince or Kuei-Jin endings, because of how I played.

I see. I suppose not, in those circumstances. I understand it's hard to get the Prince's ending, since you have to do everything to specification.

I played a Ventrue, and went for the Anarch ending.

hehe, that game rocked! it's probably the best action-rpg I have played, and it was good dialogue as well biggrin.gif

I first tried it with different clans, and found a clan I really liked playing; Malkavian.

IMO, Malks rule in that game! Dementation can be used in combat and while talking.. it just rule.

Donor

I also just wish that there was a chance of an Add-on or expansion pack, But alas due to Troika going out of business I think its looking like thats not gonna happen.

It would have been nice to create a new game based on Requiem, with all the new clans as well as the ability to create your own bloodlines similar to the way that you could add in custom things on NWN

*sigh*

Well i still play Bloodlines but now im more fixated on the modding side of it

Best Regards

Illispher

Donor

Great game in my opinion. I played a Toreador and had a great time.

That said, the game did have some horrific flaws. Constant issues with the physics engine (try walking ontop of a moveable object, like a broken door or wooden plank). I also agree that the opening FMV was horrible, almost bad enough to stop me from playing through the game.

Despite it's flaws however, the characters and story line still managed to make it fun.

Donor

I've played a bit at a friend's house and I'm dissapointed.

The combat is weak and the game is very linar. On the flip side both the hunted house and the split personalety where amazing!

Oh, i'm so frustrated that the game wont work on my PC! brooding.gif

But i tried once or twice at one of my friends. It's cool. I specifically like the Gangrel guy.

Donor

Try setting your resolution to 800 x 600 before starting up the game. That got it working for me.

Donor

I really love playing this game. The only thing that bothers me is the long load time when I get into the game a bit, especially from about halfway through the Hollywood quests on.

Curator

Ok, lets see how you like this game.

As far as computer rpgs go, I have never seen a better game, as you put it.

It had some obvious tedium going on, some terrible bugs, and no multiplayer or coop, but still manages to trump the interactive storytelling aspect of anything else on pc/console, with possible exception of planescape. I played as a malkavian and loved it, running with a katana and a dr seuss hat killing gangstas, alternately unraveling plot, dementating, and infiltrating. The choices and npcs, and most of the scripted events, were exceptional. The quest-based xp(rather than combat xp) works really well, and serves to limit the characters to not being methuselah level power or anything late in the game. It also rather well covered many many things from the gameline that were extra, such as their conflict with werewolves, the sabbat, some independent clans, ghosts, kuei jin, ghouls, and so on. I loved how it used the source engine to create realistic world settings rife with roleplay and conflict, like the flesh merchant who kidnappped the bounty hunter, or the asylum club, but especially the clinic, had so much more stuff to explore per square inch it almost felt a bit like a metroid game. Humanity and masquerade points were also well-done, and little touches to make it the world of darkness like the demon seed energy drink and the zombie patrol at the graveyard were well-done as well.

The music was top-notch, the graphics were decent, the controls were pretty good, the story and quests were exceptional, and the conversion of rp mechanics to a videogame were top notch. I only wish Troika had not gone under so we could have a worthy sequel with no glitches, multiplayer , fun combat, and cooperative. Actually, that's on my list of games to make(with WW's permission) is a demon or hunter of the same or better caliber as Bloodlines.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.