Blondofborg

What Auspice/Tribe COMBO do you actually play?

Auspice & Tribe...  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What combo do you normally play?

• Blood Talon Cahalith
    • Blood Talon Eledoth
    • Blood Talon Irraka
    • Blood Talon Ithaeur
    • Blood Talon Rahu
    • Bone Shadow Cahalith
    • Bone Shadow Eledoth
    • Bone Shadow Irraka
    • Bone Shadow Ithaeur
    • Bone Shadow Rahu
    • Hunter in Darkness Cahalith
    • Hunter in Darkness Eledoth
    • Hunter in Darkness Irraka
    • Hunter in Darkness Ithaeur
    • Hunter in Darkness Rahu
    • Iron Master Cahalith
    • Iron Master Eledoth
    • Iron Master Irraka
    • Iron Master Ithaeur
    • Iron Master Rahu
    • Storm Lord Cahalith
    • Storm Lord Eledoth
    • Storm Lord Irraka
    • Storm Lord Ithaeur
    • Storm Lord Rahu
    • Ghost Wolf Cahalith
    • Ghost Wolf Eledoth
    • Ghost Wolf Irraka
    • Ghost Wolf Ithaeur
    • Ghost Wolf Rahu

Following the resounding... well, acceptable success of similar polls on the Vampire & Mage forums, I'm pressing ahead with one for our favourite hairy beasts (excluding Sean Connery and certain 80's TV actors).

What Werewolf tribe and Auspice combo do you normally play? It may not necessarily be your favourite, but it will give us an idea of what's really out there in terms of combo balance.

This one should be interesting, as Auspices & Tribes work very differently to Clans/Covs and Paths/Orders.

Donor

My signature character Chris Vaughn (known as Leaps-from-Shadows among the Uratha) is a Hunters in Darkness Elodoth. The Meninna are my favorite tribe, and Half Moon is my favorite auspice. My next character is going to be a Blood Talon Irraka, one combo I haven't played yet.

Edited by Leaps-from-Shadows

One of my characters is an Irraka Ghost Wolf... haven't played anything else...

The character I actually play is Suyeta, an Elodoth of the Hirfathra Hissu . I've always been rather fond of the mysterious "Walker Between" concept ... ;)

Characters I play? Played as four different characters. Only one of them for more than three sessions.

That one was a Storm Lord Cahalith. So thats what my vote goes to.(The others were Irakka Iron Master, Rahu Ghost Wolf and Ithaeur... either Hunter in Darkness or Bone Shadow can't remember.)

Storm Lord Rahu of the Lodge of Echoes. A young Uratha firebrand and Alpha, set to kick the Pure out of his reigion for good. He isn't the Pack's first Alpha, having risen to the position following the death of two PC Alphas. Any British Chronicle is going to have a high mortality rate. :hehe:

I'm currently in a Werewolf game, playing Oath-Blood-Bound (more commonly Imogen Blood-Bound), Irraka of the Iminir. Her deal is yeah, she's honourable, and once she swears she will do something, by Luna it will be done, buuut because she is Irraka, the execution of her oath is very much up to her.

Well my up coming character is a Rahu Blood Talon. Sure he is just the warrior in the group, but eventually he will become the warrior in the city/town. So fierce shall he be that for a brief moment one would think that they are staring into the eyes of Fenris himself...that of course is assuming that he lives long enough to get that powerful in the first place...

The most recent charcater I played was a Blood Talon Rahu, but I have played Rahu of all of the Tribes, except the Iron Masters. In my group we seem to have divided roles amongst us that continue through all of the games we play, so I have the physical warrior end of things. Though I would like to play other Auspices, I did really enjoy playing a Storm Lord Cahalith, though I think I would find playing an Irraka the most challenging.

Donor

Bwa ha!

Last night I convinced my group to run werewolf and we made up characters. For once I am looking like one of the best characters physically.

I will be playing a popular outdoorsy cheerleader (I feel I ought to call her Tiffany because of that) who is an elodoth stormlord.

She is pretty good at finding her way around in the wilderness due to a keen sense of direction coupled with having been a girl scout for some time. She passes school okay but is really a lot more interested in sport and socializing. She has striking looks, fast reflexes, really wants to get everyone into bed (and is damn fine at that too) and is pretty good at finding out what people are really after from her.

Her Daddy ran away when she was young but she refuses to let that get her down (or refuses to let people know, anyway). She's determined to live a life full of happiness and new experiences as well as showing everyone how much she can achieve.

The first change is going to happen in game due to a request from one of the players so if we get a lot of say in that I want her to have been staying late for practise/coming in on a weekend and then going all wolfy and totally trashing some school property. The other option is just changing in the woods when out on some camping trip but the former seems a lot more fun and interesting.

It is still not set in stone or anything so if people have suggestions or think anything doesn't mesh, you can let me know.

Donor

The only character I actually got to PLAY was a Blood Talon Rahu...had more complexity than I thought at first. If I had my choice I would play a Hunter in Darkness Itheaur, or anything Bone Shadow except Cahalinth.

I will be playing a popular outdoorsy cheerleader (I feel I ought to call her Tiffany because of that) who is an elodoth stormlord.

She is pretty good at finding her way around in the wilderness due to a keen sense of direction coupled with having been a girl scout for some time. She passes school okay but is really a lot more interested in sport and socializing. She has striking looks, fast reflexes, really wants to get everyone into bed (and is damn fine at that too) and is pretty good at finding out what people are really after from her.

Her Daddy ran away when she was young but she refuses to let that get her down (or refuses to let people know, anyway). She's determined to live a life full of happiness and new experiences as well as showing everyone how much she can achieve.

It is still not set in stone or anything so if people have suggestions or think anything doesn't mesh, you can let me know.

Cool character, and the kind I don't see much of in my experience. Most W:tF players I know always want to play the brooding warrior or wiley mystic. The socail butterfly cheerleader is an almost unheard of character type in my neck of the woods and I applaud you for it!

Going on your brief description, I almost wonder if Irraka would be a better fit as her aucpice. I base that on two things, she seems like the fun loving, wild carefree type (what with her getting everyone into bed and being all super social and all) which might not mesh with the level-headed diplomatic tendiencies of the Elodoth. And two, because I'm a die-hard Irraka fan (just as I was all about Ragabash in W:tA) and I want everyone to sing the praises of the New Moon children! ^_^

But, maybe she does fit Elodoth better (who says the half-mooners can't enjoy a good role in the hay?) Cuz she's your creation and you know her like no one else ever will! Have fun with the game!

Luv seeing more people get into Werewolf :)

She is pretty good at finding her way around in the wilderness due to a keen sense of direction coupled with having been a girl scout for some time.

My mind instantly went Irraka, but I'm their fan too :)

The socail butterfly cheerleader is an almost unheard of character type in my neck of the woods...

You have seen someone has created a social butterfly cheerleader type character before Selkiss?

She is playing the social butterfly character, Kingneo.

Donor
My mind instantly went Irraka, but I'm their fan too :)

Irraka was the other one I was thinking of but I figured her empathy and politics worked better with Elodoth. The duality also works well with her public face of awesome pep that contends with her real emotions and I liked the idea of lots of sex with whoever and equal time in each native form. I didn't really want her to be tricksy and I liked the idea of honour over cunning, which is also partly why I went for stormlord. Also, the dropout drug dealer is an Irraka and we tend to try for diversity. He had medicine 1 (pharmaceuticals) *giggle*.

I am rather pleased that after the initial let's-all-laugh-at-Helen response to me saying "OMG I am gonna be a cheerleader!" the others decided they were going to be students too. Although I was a little irked when one of the guys said that people always play themselves. I was like "But... average intelligence perky cheerleader? I am doing a PhD you jerk and I never was in the popular group at school".

Oh and Mister Moonpride I think Kingneo was just pulling you up on "almost unheard of" rather than "unheard of" because it suggests that a few people have done this character before.

Oh and Mister Moonpride I think Kingneo was just pulling you up on "almost unheard of" rather than "unheard of" because it suggests that a few people have done this character before.

Oh, oh! Yeah, that makes more sense now. :blush I was a bit confused there...

Well then, in answer to that question, I've not seen characters who were still cheerleaders, but I have seen characters who were slightly older and use to be cheerleaders and still possessed that kinda peppy, popular girl personality. But, like I said, few and far between.

Also, the dropout drug dealer is an Irraka and we tend to try for diversity. He had medicine 1 (pharmaceuticals) *giggle*.

You also might wanna tell him that he can't really take most drugs anymore. Uratha metabolism is so awesome that drugs are almost instantly expelled from their system, and have a much lesser effect to begin with. The only exception is hallucinogenic drugs, which sometimes even affect Werewolves worse because of their spiritual connections. It's a bad trip when you can't tell hallucination from angry spirit.

Just thought I'd say.

Donor

Heh. Thanks.

He may already know. I doubt he intended to say he took them anyway... I think he more liked the untrustworthy dropout aspect. Maybe we ran out of stereotypes?

I've probably played more Ghost Wolf Rahu than anything else, though Ghost Wolf Irraka come in as a close second. I tend to play Ghost Wolves more than any other Tribe (using "Tribe" loosely). Not entirely sure why. I have played plenty of "Tribe" Werewolves though.

An Australian Meninna Elodoth. His name is Mitchell, and he's one of those guys who goes for a walkabout for a few months and return like nothing happened.

Donor

Iron Master Irraka for me!

I play a few characters, and those came out as my preference.

Killy Mathiews: Once Cahalith/Iron Master... he eventually joined the Bale Hounds. A 13 year old, confused boy, he was easily manipulated to join the wrong side. Fortunately, he eventually learned his lesson and went back to the Forsaken, only now he is cursed with sometimes being unable to control the Bale Hound gifts he learned. Worst yet, it seems he is still learning them against his will. (It can make for some pretty cool scenes though ;) ).

Alice S.Moore: She's an Storm Lord/Irraka. She's had a difficult time before and even after her First Change, having joined a cult which was far from being a good influence on its members. To this day they still chase her, as she stole something of great importance to them when she left. She joined her current pack and is the most loyal packmate you could ever have... so much that sometimes she's dangerous and will seem like a fanatic... as if she is part of a cult. She even lost the title of Beta because of her eagerness to take her revenge on someone who had hurt her pack by doing it behind the alpha's back.

I play an Elodoth of the Storm Lords tribe. Steven Angier. He's working as a bartender in a small nightclub in downtown Chicago and has just recently undergone his first change. Defining traits for him are his Merits and Flaws. Prophet's Voice, Animal Magnetism and Predator's Gaze are defining his methods rather clearly while his social flaw "Lone Wolf" describes his attitude. Among the herd, he's playing the "savvy but grim bartender, who keeps his private life a secret" card, coercing and persuading needed intel out of his contacts.

Currently, after joining a newly formed pack in the suburban areas of Chicago (more out of giving in his need for a pack than really accepting the necessity) he tries to gets himself fitting in while fulfilling the role of an advisor and investigator in werewolf-related issues in their territory.

Edited by Talrond