serial_experiments

REMINDER: The Branded Usergroup

Donor

Just a quick reminder:

Now anyone can join the Promethean Usergroup, even those who already belong to another usegroup. This means that those who already belong to another usergroup can also apply to the Throng of the Birth of Shadows, the Promethean: The Created Usergroup! Of course, we only want people who are willing to make their damn best to keep the game alive and kicking serious butt.

Those who already belong to the Usergroup will need to reapply to it, though their applications will be accepted without further review.

The available teams are found here!

Donor
I'm Co-Leader?

How did this happen :confused:

Saturday morning.

A Co-leader was required; otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to create the team. I had to choose. If you're not up to it I can always choose someone else; personally, though, I think you're the best choice for a Co-leader of the group.

Well, I'll try to do the best job I can... I was just a bit surprised, that's all...

I just requested joining the group, and so I was wondering what things you were looking for as apart of the application process.

Well, I'm just the Co-Leader, so I don't have jurisdiction over the applications (at least to my knowledge), but having an interest in the game and active posting of ideas would probably come in handy...

Donor
Well, I'm just the Co-Leader, so I don't have jurisdiction over the applications (at least to my knowledge), but having an interest in the game and active posting of ideas would probably come in handy...

The requisites are pretty much as follows:

a) Active participation in the Promethean Forum

B) Interest in the game, enough to participate in the activities we're making.

c) Best the current Group Champion in Mortal Combat.

I review your post history in the Promethean forum, and then decide. Not everyone who posts on the forum gets in just like that, though! My advice is this: Post, Contribute, Generate.

a) Post Topics of Interest. Anything Promethean related could do. Get Creative!

B) Contribute to other people's topics. Challenge ideas! Discuss!

c) Generate imaginative content. You thought of a WICKED idea for a Centimanus NPC? Or a strange creature somehow connected with the mysteries of Azoth? Or maybe a game journal! Post them!

I probably should post them on the first post, but right now I am at work and barely have time to click the POST button.

I agree that Vampir is a good choice for Co-Leader. As one of the two Branded during the Month of the Promethean, he's clearly the better choice, as I have not had enough time to dedicate to such activities.

Moving on: What is with this 'team' business? I'm already a member of the Branded usergroup, but it doesn't show me on the team list, so I'm a bit confused.

Also, will those that join now be considered Branded the same as they would have been if they'd joined during the Month of the Promethean, or will they have a different title, like 'Created' or something (similar to the 'Tuatha' vs. 'Fae' set up the Changeling board has)?

EDIT: Okay, need to reapply. Next time, reread initial post before posting.

Edited by WhiteOakDragon

Donor
Moving on: What is with this 'team' business? I'm already a member of the Branded usergroup, but it doesn't show me on the team list, so I'm a bit confused.

Also, will those that join now be considered Branded the same as they would have been if they'd joined during the Month of the Promethean, or will they have a different title, like 'Created' or something (similar to the 'Tuatha' vs. 'Fae' set up the Changeling board has)?

Usergroups are out, Teams are in. Not only that: You can belong to multiple teams now, which means me, the Promethean Vilicus and Leader of the Promethean Team, also belong to the Requiem and Awakening groups. They're considerably more flexible.

And yes, all those members who did not participate in the Month of the Promethean will receive a regular rank, while the other members will have something... Slightly... Different. You'll see ;)

Did you say... multiple teams? Does this mean that I will be able to join the Changeling: The Lost group when it arrives, and still maintain my strong allegiance to Promethean: The Created?

This is great!

I can't wait to see what you've got in store for us.

Yes, it means exactly that... now I need to gather enough confidence to ask permission to join the Awakened... dunno if I have what it takes...

I haven't been studying Alchemicus that much...

Donor

Something more spiffy? Does that include li'l ol' me too? As a person who got invited at Month of the Promethean, because of winning a competition, but declined because of the old "only one group" thing? Or is it solely for those who got included at that time?

Just curious, I'm not going to be all upset if Im not included. ;)

I would imagine that it would. I could be wrong, but since you were one of the ones that could have been Branded to begin with, it wouldn't make sense to deny you your proper status.

Donor

WhiteOakDragon and !impact have been granted access.

Others are still pending deeper review.

Donor
Yes, it means exactly that... now I need to gather enough confidence to ask permission to join the Awakened... dunno if I have what it takes...

There's an easy way to know if you're not sure you're knowledgable enougth about the game. Try to create an interresting spell, and post it in the Creative Thaumaturgy thread. If you can do that, our door are opened to you.

Well, they're already opened, but it's a way for you to feel sure. The only thing we ask is will to help into our projects: even infinitissimal help will soon be avaible thanks to our new collaborative system...

Edited by Nepher

So do we still have a team private forum, or has that been done away with?

EDIT: Never mind. I found it. I'm an idiot.

Edited by WhiteOakDragon

You thought of a WICKED idea for a Centimanus NPC?

I did! Can I join?

Seriously! Princess was critically acclaimed!

You have the support of the Co-Leader...

I'll apply, but I might not be all that helpful for a while, until the Uni work scales down a little. Technically, I'm meant to be doing said work right now...

Hey. I'm trying to join too.... Hope I'm not too late for this, since Promethean's my favorite nWoD game, and I do loves me the nWoD!

What do I have to do to join, and what do I have to do after I join?

Edited by Inhumu

Well, there's nothing going on after joining... a bit disappointing...

In order to join go to top of the page, click on Member Teams, look for Throng of the Birth of Shadows and click on Join Team ;)