DGG

Best of the Worst Vamp films

It's important to distinguish between "bad but fun", and "Good lord I can't watch this anymore".

Donor

Bad but fun was Modern Vampires for me. That movie cracked me up..and still does.

Near Dark could have been brilliant. Could have been, I mean, it had Lance Henriksen AND Bill Paxton as bloodsucking bastards!!

Unwatchable for me was that terrible... Forsaken (I think that's what it was called). It was just bad. Flat out, not even giggle worthy bad. Just bad.

Bad but fun was Modern Vampires for me. That movie cracked me up..and still does.

Near Dark could have been brilliant. Could have been, I mean, it had Lance Henriksen AND Bill Paxton as bloodsucking bastards!!

Unwatchable for me was that terrible... Forsaken (I think that's what it was called). It was just bad. Flat out, not even giggle worthy bad. Just bad.

Oh yeah, Forsaken. That was pretty lame. They were knights and turned their back on god, forming bloodlines (much like Clans) and these hunters were going after them...

Donor

It wasn't even a campy film, just bad.

I only sat through the whole thing cause my ride wouldn't leave.

Donor
Anyway, worst film I've ever seen I unfortunatly cannot remember the name of. I've googled, but I can't dig it up sad.gif It was about a kid who has to keep taking underground trains home from school in some big American city. One night he misses his train and has to catch the next one, which is ridden by vampires! But he is saved from a whole train-load of blood-suckers by one "vegitarian" vampire - vegetarian here meaning that he drinks from rats instead of people. It was awful. Really, really bad script and acting. I watched about a half hour of it and then gave up before my brain committed sucicide to make the torture stop.

Your talking about Shadow Zone: The Undead Express and I really don't agree with you about it. If you keep in mind that its movie for kids it really isn't that bad. I've seen it some years ago and I actually really liked that movie. Its one the few more recent vampiremovies that fit with V:tM without having a Dracula copy.

The worst vampiremovie I've ever seen was The Thirst. One of my biggest problems with it was that it was a vampiremovie without actual vampires. It also got boring after while so I never saw the end of it.

The sci-fi original film, Bloodsuckers, premiers here in the States tomorrow @ 9:00pm EST. Judging from the previews, vampires in space, I think it might just well make this infamous list. To quote the trailer, "If it has fangs, kill it." hehe.gif

Donor

I'm gonna have to catch that one...

You and me both, darling! Logan, my son, and I would not miss it for the world. As a matter-of-fact, the wife is a vampire nut and gonna sit in on this viewing as well. Leeching family fun at the wolf's den. tongue2.gif

BTW, did anyone else's wife or girlfriend go ape over Jason Momoa as Ronon Dex on Stargate: Atlantis. I am so going to get dreads in the morning. hehe.gif

Donor

My wife cringed when he mentioned digging in his own back, but otherwise no. I love all the truly B-movies the Sci-Fi channel makes, did anyone else catch Mansquito? It's arguably vampiric...

Donor

I remember that one! Yeah, it is vampiric, after a fashion...

Donor

In the same way that leeches, some bats, and mosquitos are vampiric. It was horrid.

Donor

Absolutly; my dad loved it, though. He has an appreciation of all really awful movies....

Absolutly; my dad loved it, though. He has an appreciation of all really awful movies....

Your dad and I are of the same mind in that regard: Really awful movies RAWK!!! tongue2.gif

Donor

I inherited the nerd gene from him, I swear; he had me reading his old Marvel comics by the time I was 6.

Donor

My nerd gene is a mutant abberation then, because neither of my parents are particularly geeky.

Donor

What's the one with the girl from who's the boss, and has a big orgy scene? That one was pretty bad.

What's the one with the girl from who's the boss, and has a big orgy scene?  That one was pretty bad.

Alyssa Milano...and the film is called "Embrace of the Vampire"

That made my TOP FIVE worst vampire films of all time:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/dgg/6444.html

Donor

Yeah, that movie was SPECTACULARLY awful, wasn't it?

Yeah, that movie was SPECTACULARLY awful, wasn't it?

Never ever watch a movie with Alyssa Milano in it. Ever.

Donor

I have vague recollections of her being alright in the two episodes of the "new" The Outer Limits she did... though I may be misremembering. It's been a while.

Curator

I prefer counting the movies that don't *suck* as then i only need one hand, instead of the usual 5 thousand.

Queen of the Damned- I can't believe how bad this movie is. Bad acting, and they cut out 3/4 of the stuff from the book. Interview with the Vampire was much better, and that movie sucked too.(Tom Cruise as Lestat? worst. choice. ever.)

Edited by whitey fats

WhiteWolf

Has anyone here seen "Nadja"?

Art-house film, produced by David Lynch. Starred Peter Fonda and Elina Lowensohn. Terrible, terrible film.

I have it on tape. I really like it. It's rubbish, though.

Donor

Vampire: The Turning

Shite, but I liked how it was set in Thailand.

J

Donor

I vote for Revenant tongue2.gif

Welcome to the forums whitey fats! biggrin.gif