Sign in to follow this  
kaworu naguisa

The Hive (Progenitor Mod)

this is just the skecht...

i'm not with much time these days so i'll later try to revise and improve this...

I would like to give this legacy a mix of tzismisce and Umbrella corporation feeling aside from the progenitor technognosis. And i need some help with it. I kinda gave up of making them totally left handed, but maybe i will make a faction or something that is.

The Hive

"As the mother of your mothers is the red ocean that birthed us all, The flesh which you claim as your own is but a piece of the Hive."

The hive is a group of mages whose teachings delve in the secrets of the life web and the conection that all living beings have to one another. In the eyes of the legacy all species are offshots and progeny of a primal being which many members call Adam Kadmon, the seed of life or the red ocean. Using all means they have at their disposal, from drugs to high cerimonal magic, they try to perfect the organic vessel that shelter the soul of humanity. In their reasoning, true wisdom can only be achieved once we have perfect eyes to see it, perfect minds to grasp it and perfect hands to use it. And, as a blind man cold not understand the concept of color, the senses and possibilities beyond the current imperfect body should be expanded to encompass the whole universe.

All flesh and blood are part of one single collective, a single metaphysical mass of species and individuals that are interconnected by sublime threads of evolution. These mages call themselves by the name of “Hive” to pay homage to this collective. The cycle of life, for these mages is not an individual path, the experiences, achievements and mistakes of those who came before stay as merit for those who will come after, and the dance of evolution is product of death, suffering and sacrifices of innumerable souls that will benefit latter upon their reincarnation in a better form and in a more hospitable environment. To be Aware of this intimate relation, is the main motivation for the legacy imposing to have rightfull claim over not only their physical form, but also all humanity’s: Not only they took the burden of speeding and improving the natural evolution, which is a benefit to all, as well as they contributed in innumerable lifes before to the achievement of the current form. In the present days none are better fitted to carry on the sublime work, and, even if they don’t tell this things to outsiders, they are willing to pass over anyone who steps in the way of their projects.

In the past, evolution was a blind force and nature needed to take rough steps working on different conflicting avenues The Lifeweb had to take different shapes in many kinds of beasts, many who were simply created to feed others or survive a specific situation. The natural selection was the lonely primitive tool. Once Human form was achieved and racional consciousness aroused the souls were able to awaken. Now magic can take the burden of guiding the elevation process of the life web. But the old natural selection taught a important lesson for the guardians of human form: Although sacred, the flesh shelter is to be a tool on the hands of the souls inside it. The hive mutates and shape itself to the needs of the human collective, and in the works of the mages of this legacy, bones, muscles and beasts are twisted in new forms to comply to the whims of the awakened. Life and death are inevitable, so one should have no restrictions to dispose a tool knowing that it’s soul will be intact after the brief moments of departure. As species were born and went back to the primal ocean before our time, as nature was unmerciful in its killing, so should these mages incorporate this peaceful pragmatism. Racional and cold thought are to be respected because they embody a natural law.

As reason and pragmatism are put into a throne by the teachings of the Hive, also is science. The study of the collective made by the unawakened produced many fruits that in the modern days are being recognized by the legacy. Science is limited but avoid the abyss who plague the collective body of life. Magic is powerful, but the more it stretches the curse of quiescence, the more it threatens to disrupt the sublime work with its aberrations. Using the safety of science, and complementing it’s faults with the works of magic is the way some Wasps found to give a new force to their plans, and slowly this method is reaching even the most conservative mages due to it’s cold efficiency.

To achieve the Adam kadmon, the true perfected human collective and final stage of creation of man is one of the objectives of the hive. The Adam Kadmonm, though, is not a single being or individual form. It is a state of the life web were wisdom can more easely flourish. The true body of the soul ios not contained in one individual, but is extended through all forms of nature and all bodies in this fallen world. The hive first and foremost teaching is that a mage should not limitate itself to his form, and the freedom of spirit is achieved when he can be everywere as everybody, the image of god in its omnipresence.

Nickname: Wasps

Path or Orders: Thyrsus or the Free Council, in domains it isn’t considered left handed, of course. (I was thinking about turning it into a moros legacy just to give it a twist.)

Appearance: Wasps tend to supplement their health with tiny spells, things like better nutrient and vitamins absortion, short bursts of activity in their immunological systems and carefull regulated procution of hormones. So, in general they are fit and healthy. As they dominate their own body and move to other’s as needed, they don’t tend to be strong or athletic at any rate. As a tradition, every wasp carries a symbol of it’s individuality and possession of it’s natural body. The symbol of a wasp is derivate from his tutor and normally take the form of a tattoo or scar in a discreet part of his body. For those of the legacy identifying the “family” of a wasp is simple, and it emulates the slow evolution of organisms through time with their mutations and vestigial marks.

Background: Wasps normally come from medical and scientifically oriented jobs. They are scientists and naturalists at heart and those who awake on these fields are carefully monitored to join the fold. Some of those who join the legacy are mages who are interested in the tecnognostic ars the hive developed or even those who are obsessed with life magic and want to study and develop it even further. A bunch of athletes and body-builder also find their role in the structure of the legacy and craving for a new edge are willing either to test new spells and drugs on others, or even on themselves. Drug addicts and such normally are welcome in the sanctums and as partners but rarely would a wasp give them the chance to walk the Hive’s path.

Organization: The wasps of a region form a "nest" which has their own internal claims of territory and souls they take as their own duty. Individual mages of a nest also have their own subsection of bodies and locations they can claim as their own property or project. These things are indentified by simbols and tattoos with small derivations that easly identify different nests and the individuals inside them. Although individual in a nest have their own voice, the limits of one's work are to be established by their peers as they all share the same "greater body" they look after. In hostile cities dominated by the pentacle orders, the wasps are secret organizations and work mainly gathering data with small experiences, maintaining their duties to the order they openly participate. In smallers domains and cities where they find themselves welcome the hive grows into a greater organization recruiting sleepers and trying to dominate even the temporal sleeper powers in order to hide on their greater projects. It is said that a great farmaceltical company is alread fully dominated by the legacy and establishes laboratories and bases wherever a nest can claim their power.A façade of respect is constructed as the nests accepted by a domain normally try to appease other cabals offering healing services and support not only for them but also for any sleeper contacts. Symbiosis is a way of protection and, if the situation grows dire, viral attacks are a specialty with all the sympathetic connections and blood samples they gather.

Suggested Oblations: breeding organisms or dedicating time to tenderdiseases or making general medical operations. Working with organic researches and analyzing test results of experiences.

Concepts: drug dealer, botanical explorator, pharmaceltical, veterinary, laboratory worker, bio terrorist, spirit breeder, Medic

Attainments: (as always i need some input here.)

Edited by kaworu naguisa

Attainements

First attainement, Incubation(life 2): The first attainement of the Hive is to be able to take possession of one's own form more completely. Although not enlightened enough to surpess the limitations of the current form, the mages knowledge of the life web allows him to overcome the instincts of the body and alter directly the way one's vital fuction work. Heart beat, respiration, hormones, body temperature and even the process of calcification or chemical absortion become consciously controled as if the mage were always under the effect of the "body control" spells. Additionaly he can mutate known insects, plants, fungi and bacteria trading their characteristics at will. The mutated organisms spend some time in cocoons or into an intermediary form before hatching as a the new hibrid form intended. Unfortunatelly, once the duration of the effect expires they suffer a corrosive process of necrosis until almost nothing but ash lasts. for both effects the mage rolls his (resolve+medicine+life).

Second Attainement, Evolution (life 3): With the second Attainement, the wasp becomes able to force his body to assume one of the various characteristics that the life web has developed in any of the natural species known to the mage. His understand grow enough so he can take advantage of the sacrifice of thousand of years of evolution and natural selection. The ability to mutate life forms grow to encompass more than primitive life forms, now affecting also any natural animal but humans. Animals mutated suffer a great deal of pain as their body contort and adapt to the changes imposed, the degeneration is also inevitable but is a bit slower givin the animal a few hours before finding peace. These abilities also roll (resolve+medicine+life)

Third Attainement, Dissemination (life 4): The Transformations the mage could once do to his own original body he now can also enact into others. His mastery is great enough so he can also influence the life web to make take a sudden shift bringing out the evolutionary diversity in the body of others. The dissemination level allows a safer process of changes and now the species affected by the other Attainements almost always survive the process of going back to his former state. It's painfull and time consuming, but it's nothing compared to dying. The roll for this attainement is (resolve+medicine+life)

any comments?

Donor

Really good, I like. Some suggestion however:

- First, these attainments lack some identity, special twist that make them feel unique to the legacy. The description are great, but the magic is basically what's found in the corebook, no more no less.

-Then, you lack optional arcana. This make them a little too straighforward. Perhaps Spirit would be appropriated (Soul Link, Soul Merging,...).

I thought of something for this legacy, but this isn't yet fleshed out. Feel free to inspire yourself from this basic layout. The problem I had was the lack of scientific feel, which you have better than me.

Basicaly:

1- spirit 2

allow a familiar bond between Hive members (intimate sympathy and emotional bond)

2-spirit 3

stronger bond (other wasp count as self for spell casting)

optional life 3

merge life form to self to gain animal caracteristic. the life form become bonded for a while

3-spirit 4

merge soul: two hive members with both this level may share path affinity for arcana.

optional life 4

merge bodies into one. the new body have the best of each characteristics.

It's a little raw, but you see the point. however, I think yours are a better start than mine...

-Finally, ithink it lak perhaps a little of mechanics. It's perhaps myself I made too much of it...

For a first try, it's a really good one. Hum, this seems I'll have to create my own background, now that you make yourself the Attainment...

I was thinking about getting inspirations from Parasite Eve/ Resident Evil visual concepts - Mutagenic process that really warped the species that it touched. As an optional arcana i was thinking about soul transmigration and the theme that the soul's inside these legacy moved freely among the collective body of humanity. I was kind disapointed to see that this would fall at mind 5 and that i would have to bend the rules a bit to allow it.

Do you think that creating some limitations to whom and how a mage could use this psychic possession could fairly turn it into a third level attainement?

modified attainements:

1st attainement, Symbiosis (Spirit 2) The symbiosis is the process of both, controling one's fuctions to become more fit to survival in a given situations as well as integrating one self so deeply with another organism to the point of become a single indivisible entity. The relation between symbiotic organisms is more than just mutual help, it blurs the borders of individuality creating almost a fusion were the interest of survival can guide both as if they were a single mind. In this attainement The wasp and the members of the hive become linked by spiritual connections creating between them sympathy enought to surpass methaphysical distances. As the symbols that link all those who enter the legacy function like a kind of true name, all of them are considered knowing the name and at least having meet each other personaly for the purposes of symphatetic castings.

Optional Arcana (Life 2): The force of the Symbiotic urge the wasp used one himself and nest members can now be focused outward to affect the most vulnerable links of the external life web. Fungi, plants, bacteria and insects can have their instincts overhelmed by the commands of the mage and follow a simple instruction or idea to all their strenght. More then being forced to act they are also force to adapt to a given task. It's not only an impulse of mind, but an organic command affecting every cell of the target organism. After the end of the scene or whenever the commandment is either complete or impossible, the basic life form exposed to this power starts to degenerate and suffer a profound necrosis. Life is exausted by this impulse and after the task is done, the mutations normaly render an organism disfunctional. The wasp must rolls his Resolve+medicine+life and spend a mana point to ennact this powerfull commandment, with each success forcing the organism to either develop a new abilitie concerned with the given task or to change one of it's attribute or ability to be better fitted to the task ahread. The player can give suggestions but the final arbiter about what really happens is the storyteller.

2nd Attainement, Evolution (Spirit 3) : More then a mere connection, the relation between members of the legacy grows into a functional collective indentity. They are organs into a system and pieces of a greater wholle that start to have a counciouness and indentity of it's own. In methaphysical terms the different members of the legacy can target each other as if they were a single person blurring the line of patterns. With the expenditure of an extra mana point, they can target each other as with spell that otherwise would be able to affect themselves only.

Optional Arcana (Life 3): As the connection a mage has with the hive becomes stronger, he can channel more of it's influency to the surrounding life web. The primitive cells of the base life forms are already dominated and the imperatives of the symbiotic connection can now force even superior souless life forms to comply. Any natural animal besides the human being can be target as insects and plants were in the previous attainement. With a command focused by the power of mana, the most complex cells of animals are bound by the overhelming urge that the mage imposes.

3rd Attainement, Contamination (Spirit 4): With this attainement other beings outside the hive mind can be temporarily brought inside it. The process is slow but rewarding as the mage slightly enfolds every particle of a being's soul into the geastault spirit of the hive and convinces his body that the greater entity overcoming it is not harmfull. To be target of this ability a being must have the simbol of the hive draw in some part of his body, which is a painfull an extended proccess that turn that area extremely sensible due to the deeply organic connections the simbol forces the body to develop. These connection are a material mirror of the spiritual threads the victim acquires and that are shown into the deeper levels of her aura. the expenditure of a willpower point and the reflexive roll of (resolve+medicine+spirit) - (stamina-gnosis) of the victim bring her inside the hive for a time equal to the success in the advanced prolonged duration table (limited to a month of maximum connection as any living pattern). If the victim is willing he or she can expend the will power point in the place of the wasp, but unfortunatly the natural defenses of the body cannot be consciously shut down.

Optional Arcana (life 4): The human form is no longer outside the scope of the wasp. The symbiotical urge can reach even it's more developed and perfected structure overcoming the domain of the soul. A resisted roll against the target Resolve+gnosis is made, since this body has metaphysical ownership linked to the soul habitating it. For every success a mutation occurs at the storyteller discretion and during the rest of the scene, the urge to comply with the wasp order tries to overcome the mind and senses of the victim. Unless the target is awakened, he'shelpless to defend itself against the command, otherwise he has to comply only for a number of turns equal to the success achieved by the wasp. Unfortunately for the target, after the scene is over he must face a number of points of lethal damage equal to the success achieved by the mage. If more than one application of this power were used over the same person in a given scene he only suffers damage for the one which achieved the greatest number of succes. As the previous levels, using this attainement cost the mage a mana point.

*members of the hive targeted by this power have fully control of wheter they will or will not comply with the influence and if they want it, can help in the transformation canceling their natural resistences at will. Different from other targets they are already part of the greater being, so their bodies can welcome the hive more easely.

I'm really thinking about turning this a mastigos or moros legacy... what do you think?

Donor

As it is, let it a thyrsus legacy. Another path would change completly the scope of the legacy, which would better suit a creation rather than a modification.

The attainments are well finalised. I would have liked some physical merging, but this way is hightly valid and make sense. Your legacy is thematically consistent, and fill the niche of the mad biologist.

Me like :D

Hive Magic

Biomass

The biomass is the sum of all living organisms evolutionary potential, a liquid metaphysically connect to all living creatures by various degrees of familiarity developed over millions of years of evolution. The genetic code, or the biological name, classify each species inside the biomass complex. The hive, over the years studied how one may mold and change the biomass to suit his needs and the magic of the legacy broke the barriers between different species, regrouping flesh back in the same continuum that was in the begining of evolution, before differentiation. The DNA locks unweaved and the potential of the life thread harnessed on their magic. As such, the legacy developed their own version of commom life and spirit rotes using new imagos and elements which provided them with extra power and possibilities.

In the theories of the hive biomass is both the divine clay from which humam beings were created and the primordial liquid were matter became life in the distant past. Spirits are related to the biomass as energy is related to commom matter, and many life and spirit rotes from the legacy spring from such understanding.

New Spells:

Create Biomass (life 2)

The spell cosumes the patern of lesser animals such as insects and plants, returning them back to the Primal liquid from which all life sprung. The produced material, referred by the legacy as Biomass, is used in many other variant spells as a vital ingredient.

Practice: weaving

Action: Instant, subtracts the target´s resolve when apropriated

Dice Pool: resolve + Science (biology) + Life

Duration: Lasting

Aspect: Vulgar

Cost: 1 mana

The success in this rote determine the amount of patterns the mage may absorb into the new biomass produced. Success may be expended as the mage wishes among different targets and the absorbed targets are destroyed in a a shower of viscouss transparent liquid.

1 success - Absorbs a 1 yard swarm or a size 1 plant. - Potenbcy 1 biomass

2 Successes - Absorbes a 2 yard swarm or a size 2 plant - Potenbcy 2 biomass

3 successes - Absorbs a 4 Yard Swarm or a Size 4 plant - Potenbcy 3 biomass

4 Successes - Absorbs a 8 Yard Swarm or a Size 8 Plant - Potenbcy 4 biomass

5 Successes - Absorbs a 16 Yard Swarm or a Size 16 Plant - Potenbcy 5 biomass

With life 4 the mage may use this spell against higher life forms, each success causing lethal damage as, flesh, muscle and internal organs melt back and condences into Biomass which is either expelled by the target or may be extracted forcefully with other spells. The biomass created has a potency equal to the success scored by the mage.

Each use of this spell creates biomass enought to fill a small bottle and Outside controlled enviroments, freezer or proper containements such liquid loses one point of potence per hour until becoming nothing more then organic waste.

Purify Biomass (life 3)

This spell allow the mage to rework the fabric of biomass created by the previous rote concentrating their potence and cleaning it from organic waste.

Practice: weaving

Action: Extended

Dice Pool: resolve + Science (biology) + Life

Duration: Lasting

Cost: none

With this spell the mage may burn two stashes of biomass from a given potency to create one with a potence one degree higher. The mage must score enought successes to reach the desired potence. With this spell the mage may collect the biomass expelled by living targets harmed by the 4 dot version of the previous spell, separating it from vestiges of flesh and blood.

Lesser Evolutionary Command (life 3)

The mage may mystically order a stash of biomass to lift from primal clay and violently evolve into a lesser life

Practice: ruling

Action: Instant, subtract the highest potence among the stashes of Biomass used

Dice Pool: Presence + Science (biology)+ Life

Duration: Prolonged

This spell burns a single stash of biomass per success transforming it in a swarm or plant with a size equal to it´s potence. The swarm or plant grows out of the biomass used in profusionf gaining 1 yard or 1 size every turn until it reaches it´s maximum mass.

The duration determines the resistence of the new life form before degenerating back into inert organic waste. At life 4 the mage may use Advanced prolonged duration. To use a Stash of Biomass enterely composed by genetic material of the creature the mage is about to create gives the effect +1 duration factor.

Many Wasps harvest back the biomass of such creatures the duration of the spell ends not to waste resources.

Higher Evolutionary Command (life 4)

The mage may mystically order a stash of biomass to lift from primal clay and violently evolve into a Medium life form

Practice: ruling

Action: Instant, subtract the highest potence among the stashes of Biomass used

Dice Pool: Presence + Science (biology) + Life

This spell burns a single stash of biomass transforming it in an animal with a size equal to it´s potency. The Animal grows out of the primal liquid as it would in an egg or womb of a normal animal, and all may watch the process of brith and growth in 1 turn for each point of size of the creature.

The duration determines the resistence of the new life form before degenerating back into inert organic waste. At life 5 the mage may use Advanced prolonged duration.

To use a Stash of Biomass enterely composed by genetic material of the creature the mage is about to create gives the effect +1 duration factor.

Many Wasps harvest back the biomass of such creatures the duration of the spell ends not to waste resources.

Rebuild the Human Shell (life 5)

The mage may mystically order stashes of biomass to lift from primal clay and violently evolve into a copy of an human being. The hive firmly believes humans cannot be simply produced by organic process, and souls are needed to guide the true process of birth of humam beings. This spell only reproduces a hollow shell of what an human would be imprinting in the lifeweb the memories of humam bodies.

Practice: Making

Dice Pool: Presence + Medicine + Life

This spell burns various stashes of biomass to create an human being. One success is needed for each stash of biomass burned and the mage needs at least 20 potence points worth of material to create a adult human being. The humam simulacrum grows out of the primal liquid as it would in the womb of it´s mother, and all may watch the process of birth and growth during the spell as the shell evolves from a simple fetus to it´s final aparent age.

The duration determines the resistence of the new life form before degenerating back into inert organic waste.

To speak out loud and carve a name on the body of the new born creature giving it some level of individuality out of the lifeweb gives the effect + 1 duration factors and may take a few turns. To use a Stash of Biomass enterely composed by genetic material harvested out of humans gives the effect +1 duration factor. Creating copies of the mage or any other member of the hive gives the clone +1 duration.

Genetic Reinforcement (life 5)

The mage may use stashes of Biomass to enhance the durability of living patterns created by the previous spells.

Practice: Making

Dice Pool: Intelligence + Medicine + Life

Duration: lasting

Aspect: covert

Cost: none

For each success scored in this spell the mage may reinforce the pattern of creature created with the previous spell, either giving it a number of days (in the case of mundane creatures) or Hours (in the case of creatures with impossible features) equal to the success scored. Each success burns a single point of potence from a stach of Biomass.

Moddified Spells:

Life 2 Self healing: Members of the legacy use alternative rotes named "Consume the Primal Clay" which uses resolve+medicine+life and may burn a stash pf biomass gaining +2 potence bonus.

Life 2 Heal Flora and Fauna Life 3: As with the previous spell, the legacy teaches a rote named " Lifeweb reinforcement" Which uses Resolve + Science (biology) + life and burns a stash of Biomass to gain from +2 potence factors.

Life 2 Transfer Base features, Life 3 Transfer Median Features and life 3 Transform Self: The legacy uses rotes named " Lesser Evolutionary comand", " Higher Evolutionary comand" and "Design the Hive Shell" Using Intelligence + Science (biology) + Life that may burn biomass which was created using an animal with the trait the mage wants to transplant giving +1 free rote factor if the stach was mixed with genetic material from other animals or +2 if the stash is purely made from the animal which traits the mage wants to borrow.

Edited by kaworu naguisa

Donor

A little messy: you set highter evolutionnal command at level 3 (a mistake I think), forgot to set stats to created median and advanced life form, and give a little too much Factor Bonus in Potency for the modified spells. Also, I'd allow the Naming of median lifeform: it's more a human thing than anything else. And does the durations begin before or after the incubation period (this would penalize the human creation so much)? Wouldn't letting Rebuild the Human Shell as an extended spell wouldn't be enought (the birth and growth occuring during the rituel)?

This being said, it's brilliant! You should show this to Skel, just to prove him the Mad Scientist is possible in Mage. You have here a fully developed domain, and I think additional spells would be redundant...

Well Nepher, the moddifications you pointed were made. I agreed with most of them.

The idea of naming was taken from the myth that told that Adam had the power over names. His ability to name things gave him control and rulership over them. But it may sound more reasonable to let the name thing only for the human shell.

The bonus for the other spells were based on the difficulties involved in creating and mantaining biomass.... but then, a raw +2 potence is already a great bonus nonetheless. ^^

Concerning the stats for the life forms...

I think that, for the human shell, it would be 2 in every physical atributes and 1 in all social/mental attributes except for composure and wits wich are rated as 2. Concerning skills, the creature receives a +2 bonus for athletics and brawn and + 1 for stealth and survival as such abilities appear as a form of instinct.

If the mage wanted he could add extra success to increase the physical attributes, the athletics and brawl. Or give the creature an appropriated physical merit or striking looks. Mind would be needed to go beyond the mere instinctual and reflexive developments. Each aditional success spent in this alterations would ask for 1 extra potence worth of bio mass.

For medium life forms created, they would be generic examples of average animals from the type the mage choosed unless the mage used a combined spell to enhance it. Maybe one could shift some values around, diminishing some attributes to enhance others.

What do you think?

Magical Itens

Bio Containers - ( Special Iten - Cost O / Resources OOO )

A bio container is a thick metallic tube of the size of a Water Jar, which is composed of three reinforced Layers of metal. Between them there are of fibers soaked in a chemical freezing compound. The Bio Container is used to keep up to two stashes worth of Biomass protected against Bacterial Infection or Heat which would otherwise slowly corrode it or completely spoil it. Bio Containers are not as good as a full scale freezer or vaccum sealed industrial container, but may be used to prolong the life of Biomass up to Two or three days on the field before it starts losing potence, and even then, it may slow the degeneration to a point a bio matter stash only loses one point of potence every 2 days.

Collapsing Vat - (Imbued Iten Cost OOOOO)

The Collapsing vat is a large tank of Reinforced Glass filled with a viscous redish substance that devours organic matter Reducing it Back into Biomass. The colapsing vat is surrounded by various tubes and is normally monitored by rather complex computer rotines which maintain the correct Ph, Preassure and Heat so the dissolving proccess may work at the best performance. The Spell imprinted in the Vat make the strange liquid inside it destroy the metaphysical binding pattern of anything soaked in it. A three phase filter located Under the Collapsing Vat separates the dissolving mucus from the puryfied BioMass which may either flow to a secondary freezing compartment or may be bottled into removable Bio Containers.

In the normal processing mode, a collapsing vat produces biomatter in the following rate

A single stash of Potency 1 Biomass in 10 minutes

A single Stash of Potency 2 Biomass in 25 minutes

A single Stash of Potency 3 Biomass In 1 Hour

A single Stash of Potency 4 Biomass in 2 and a Half Hours

A single Stash of Potency 5 Biomass in 6 Hours

*Every 10 Minutes 1 health level worth of Biological matter, a swarm of at least 1 yard or 1 size worth of plants are consumed Causing 1 letal point of damage in everything locked Inside it. Once the former victims of the Collapsing Vat were completely dissolved, In order to continue the process of purifying BioMass, a mage needs to keep a steady Supply of victims for the vat. Once the mage harvest the biomass produced the process begins again.

By harnessing a Mana point Into de Collapsing Vat using prime, one may speed the proccess. The Operator roll his gnosis + 4 and for each success he causes a single point of damage in anyliving organism inside it producing a stash of Biomass with the potence equal to the successes scored. Using the Biovat this way is vulgar and the operator needs to roll 2 paradox dice.

Edited by kaworu naguisa

Donor

For the 'creatures' stats (animals and humans), I would go like the zombies: a standard, unskilled, very low attribute starting template, and them allow to spread success in attributes and skills. Or perhaps lower the biomass potency prerequisites, and allow each potency point to boost one attribute or skill. After that, Life has enought spells to tweak your creatures as liked...

i think lowering biomass prerequisites is not that good... since it would increase the feel of cheating the prerequisites of life 5 to create things. i´ll think about it. Maybe for the human shell the zombie template would work best since it will be easier to remember. The animals i´ll think about it

Donor

When I said potency points to boost stats, I was talking about additional biomass potency points. This may have been misinterpreted.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this