Whats your favorite Clan?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favorite Clan?

• Daeva
    • Gangrel
    • Mekhet
    • Nosferatu
    • Ventrue

I think the reason they expanded the Nosferatu's weakness was so that you wouldn't be able to automatically tell a character's clan just by looking at him. Also, now that they're supernaturally creepy instead of supernaturally ugly it allows for greater variation and personalization on the part of the player. What makes this Nosferatu creepy to be around? It lets players take a deeper, more involved look at what causes fear and come up with much more interesting answers.

Knihtmare: i mostly agree, except that the Gangrel don't really become less human...just dumber or more distracted... which is kind of a problem with their weakness...

Galen: yeah, I agree the old Clan weakness of the Gangrel was a bit excessive, but it also allowed for some wicked meetings with mythical monsters: chimera, Medusa etc...

The one thing that bothers me in the Nos of Requiem is that, while a general minority should have non-physical deformities, all physically deformed Nossies have disapeared from games and forums, unless someone is trying to pull off another version of Nicktuku...

Honestly, I've still played Ugly nossies. It's just that i don't play the "So ugly they break the masquerade by appearing in public" variety. That was friggin annoying. In the OWOD, I wondered if that "Atavistic-Human" look was going to become more common.

I still find the new gangrel to be ny second favorite clan. Personally, I'd rather play a Vamp like Cassidy from Preacher than another Lestat-wannabe any day.

Throwing my hat on the large pile of hats covering the Mekhet (They like the darkness under the hats.)

Daeva. They embody the passion/lust/fury/strong excess of emotions that I feel personifys vampires. Nosferatu are a close second, as I've always thought that vampires should be just as scary(if not a little more) as they are sexy.

Donor
Honestly, I've still played Ugly nossies. It's just that i don't play the "So ugly they break the masquerade by appearing in public" variety. That was friggin annoying. In the OWOD, I wondered if that "Atavistic-Human" look was going to become more common.

I still find the new gangrel to be ny second favorite clan. Personally, I'd rather play a Vamp like Cassidy from Preacher than another Lestat-wannabe any day.

Didn't he stake a Lestat-lite to a church roof shortly before dawn? tongue2.gif

Tied between Ventrue and Nos.

Ventrue because even though they exist to exert control over others, they arent safe in their own heads.

The Nos because of their goddamn otherworldlieness. Since everything is fair game in terms of demformities or twisted miens they allow for some serious strangeness.

gangrel because theyre just the struggle and they commune with the beast, and accept the fact theit vamps....usually this straight out requiem and i see the most ablilities to bring into crossover with werewolf

I'm torn between Gangrel and Mekhet.

I like the way the Gangrel are the predators of the night, that's why I loved them in the Masquerade. But the Mekhet have that "stalker", "unseen", "I'm watching you" attitude that I just adore... argh, this is too hard...

Nosferatu, definately.

I'll have to pipe up and say though, I'm not really a fan of Nightmare. Interesting but...I dunno, just doesn't catch my eye. I -love- how they adjusted the weakness, and how they (even moreso than before to me) seem creepy and unwholesome even if they look pretty. My kind of vampires and they resonate a bit more with the mythological vampire to me, moreso than even the Gangrel to me for some reason. Not sure why, but they just hit that old, primal fear thing that I like. The Mekhet were a close second, overall I find them very solid, very interesting without they need for theatrics, and I like the relatively simplistic weakness as well. Hell, I like all the new clans really, but the new Nos? My cup of tea. I was hoping they may have a shadow based power though. Yeah, I know, the Khaibit do and the old Lasombra did, but considering the silent film, and the Nosferatu-esque Subspecies types, heck even some of the old mythos I always thought them cleaving to darkness in REALLY unwholesome ways moreso than the other lineages was more suiting. Nightmare works mind you... a discipline based on just how disturbing, unnatural and abbhorent (sp) they are is still quite suiting. I just always saw Nos as "lurkers in shadows until where they began and the darkness ended was indistinguishable" types. Reasons for even vampires to be afraid of the dark. Ah well, no real biggy and certainly nothing that couldn't be tinkered with if so desired..

It's been hard, but I chose Gangrel, and I have an explanation too icon1.gif it's not mandatory to read tongue2.gif but I think it's better than saying "I choose this clan coz its kewl" - Second choice is Ventrue and Mekhet, but I love all of 'em nonetheless.

Sorry for being wordy tongue2.gif

I find Daeva interesting because they represent the fall of human values. In undeath, their world becomes a diseased playground. They understand what they've become, and they feel their deaths into their own souls. They're, more than the undeath of a vampire, the death of what was human before the vampire, which is very cool but not so... deep.

Ventrue are... human beings stretched trough time. They perfectly represent my conception of what, basically, a vampire is (which Blood Lore defined as "nihilistic" tongue2.gif) :

[...] They're human beings but they "live" without the urge of time chasing them - a vampire doesn't even dread his (final) death as a mortal does. Of course there's power [...] Does it really matter to a vampire? I think vampires have nothing to lose, hence they wouldn't ever want anything more. Can a vampire really turn his face from the questions of humanity? I don't think so.

Mekhet are their own curse. They're underestimated, but there's much introspective in em, not to mention that vampiresque thing that just isn't matched by other clans, though paradoxically all of them are Vampire clans.

Mekhet simply have nothing else to focus on than their own condition. There's no impairment they can really look at. They just come to know what it means to be an undead by knowing that the sun hurts. It's far worse somehow than being horrible or savage, paranoid or enslaved by lust. They have nothing else than darkness.

Nosferatu. I like Nosferatu, especially because they aren't the "ugly nasty ones" anymore. But they never caught my attention too much. They provide the most interesting NPCs ever, but there's often nothing more than impact they can dispose of. Okay, I scare people - but you know, I'm a monster and I know it. I don't care that much if I'm scary.

I have to feed on people and stuff. The "clan weakness" of the Nosferatu is, in fact, an excuse for aggressiveness.

Gangrel merge with the world. Their struggle is in their muscles, in their feet, in their bones. They're so werewolfy in concept, but they're vampires. I love them as they're something unnatural merging with the natural.

I choose them since they're the most original (yet the most rooted in folklore) and mystical view on vampires in the game, cause they don't focus on what is inside the vampire but on the outside. And I like physical characters (it doesn't mean that I like combat. I mean that I like characters which focus on feeling psysically what they live. I'm playing a role, and I find less exciting to dwell in complex plots as a Ventrue than imagining how a Gangrel character scents, feels, fights and bleeds his way out of a story.)

<vv> I really like the most feral aspect on the vampires. In my oppinion, the more straight is the terror, more primal i the fear of it.

Gangrel is the best clan ever.

Pariah, bestial and feared, Gangrels can be luxurious, stealthy or rulers, but with a peculiar aggressivity evilgrin.gif <vv>

It saddens me to see the Gangrel in last. :brooding: They get my pity vote. Protean is fantastic ::brickwall

Setites were my fav of VtM so I give a close second to the Mekhet ::hiding Khaibit are slick.

Nosferatu were way too cool to be relegated to ugly sewer rats. They scare me now. :evilgrin:

Daeva are done the way the Toreador should have been. ::applaud

Ventrue have been improved. :greedy:

It saddens me to see the Gangrel in last. :brooding: They get my pity vote. Protean is fantastic ::brickwall

I have to agree about the Gangrel and if you add their bloodlines in their are a sick clan, espcially senice the Crown book came out. Ouch is all I have to say.

Nosferatu are ulgy some of the time but their is a bloodline to make them, preety and freaking powerful. It in the Legerdary book. As well they are damm funny to play as.

But I am a huge Venture fan, Domatie is just sick, the power cost nothing intil dot 4 ouch is all I have to say. Oh my mate found a poster of a venture with the words "We Rule The World, So You Don't Have Too"

Mekhet personal don't mind, their good if you wish for a infromation gether espically with powers like Web.

Davea well what to say. They are brilliant, they are the most useful charther to play in any game.

Ventrue. Power corrupts, I enjoy making 'moral' Ventrue who initially are afraid of using Dominate ... but then make an exception ... and another. They KNOW they should not have this power over others, but it is just too easy to hit the big 'obey me' button on people instead of talking them around.

Ventru! I just have so many nice concepts with these. But Mekhet and Nosferatu if close runner ups. Well, somewhat close.

But I love to play the monster, in some way....

Its realy lovely to see how well the Ventru fits that.

Ever beautiful, ever decadent, ever unfeeling. Gotta love the Daeva.

The Ventrue, Of course

The Deava claim to have feeling, the Gangrel claim to be strong, the mekhet claim wisdom and the Nosferatu claim resourcefullness.

I claim but one attribute. I WIN. I ALWAYS WIN.

That is the way of the Ventrue. When all other see power in self ascension we Ventrue see what true power is. Money, Influence, Land, Allies, Minions and scores of mortals just begging to do my bidding.

I am, and will always be a True Ventrue fan (Blame it on Kindred: The Embraced ;-p)

I always play as a clan and bloodline that befits my personality. My favorite is Ventrue Bloodline Malkovian. Because I am kind of a lune in the sense that I really do have a severe paranoia, had it all my life. I also dress up fairly decently too and enjoy higher class activities.

Donor

Mékhet. I love all the Clans, but this one's up there for me. With VtM, I loved the Toreador and Lasombra : the Mékhet just seem to bring together the best of them both.

Donor

Not from my point of view. Daevas seem to me to represent the most common "Toreador" from VtM. I feel something of a blend with the Mékhet, that side of the Lasombra that you had when you ditched the "we're like the Ventrue... but not" theme. A more sensual Lasombra, let's say, hence my use of the Toreador/Lasombra expression.

I don't know if I'm clear. lol

Ventrue. They have always been my favorite. Now with my Ventrue's psychotic tendencies they are even more fun. Malkovian's were a perfect fit for a bloodline. Work hard to get to the top, take a bunch of shit from everyone, and go crazy. Sounds like a good time to me. :hehe: