289 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favorite Clan?

• Daeva
    • Gangrel
    • Mekhet
    • Nosferatu
    • Ventrue

Curator

Me? Daeva. All the way. Most of us are sexual, most of us are sensual, but some of us just know what it is like to truly know the depth of the darkness inside of us...to know that sin and salvation are both lost to us. We are not sinners, monsters, or demons! We are but cold corpses wafting through the night just wanting to feel again. To feel anything.

In a heated tie for second is Mekhet and Nosferatu. Mekhet I love with my undead passion tongue2.gif. I crave the knowledge of the world and the darkness that lets me study in peace and the Mekhet have that kind of feeling to them. They are the new information brokers I think...it seems to fit them more.

And Nos? Amazing this time around. You got everything from the creepy sig Nos style to my very own favorite NPC; the used car salesman with the "Win a Brand New Car!" voice...ALL THE TIME. And Nightmare is awesome. As well as the Discepline that the Gusamari get. A little underpowered in some ways but no less cool.

Yeah, I'm digging the Mekhet... moreso their bloodlines.

Khaibit: Asps for the win!

- cd

The Ventrue are cool because they have all the money, the cool cars and the hot ladies, yet their power over others affects their minds.

Exactly why I don't like them: except for their Jedi Mind tricks, there is nothing Vampiric about having a credit rating.

Im partial to the Mekhet but that is merely due to them epitomising the vampire myth in my opinion.

The shadowy hunter that emerges from the shadows often as an attractive stranger drawing them in to their trap like a spider then feeding on them as well as the fact that the Mekhet are also what seems to remain of my once beloved Lasombra

But thats my opinion thats why Requiem is actually really good, everyones vampires myths are covered by one of the clans, you want sexual predator? you got Daeva.... you want stealthy hunter you got Mekhet you want nightmarish monster? you got nosferatu etc

Best regards

Illispher

So which myth do the Ventrue fit in, except for Dracul's TV Spot?...

tongue2.gif I'm sure you can all tell and probably know who my least favorite clan is... I love the Mekhet, Gangrel and Nosferatu equally, but voted for Mekhet simply because the occult and manipiulation of information has always been the driving force of my chronicles...

Donor

Incredible, the Gangrel are the least popular of the clans in Requiem!

I must admit I'm a melancholic and voted them wink2.gif

Daeva. All the way. Most of us are sexual, most of us are sensual, but some of us just know what it is like to truly know the depth of the darkness inside of us...to know that sin and salvation are both lost to us. We are not sinners, monsters, or demons! We are but cold corpses wafting through the night just wanting to feel again. To feel anything.
Oh yes!

Daeva! icon6.gif I love the Toreador so these are like an expansion on theme I loved so much.

Curator

I would have to go with nos, as they combine the freakish outcast abomination of old nos with the insanity and mind fuck powers of old malkAvians. (goddamn malkovians)

Donor
Oh yes!

Daeva! icon6.gif I love the Toreador so these are like an expansion on theme I loved so much.

Even better than that, they are also the Brujah through and through.

I'm slowly moving over to Ventrue. The way I see them, they're a clan of ego-maniacs, primadonnas, divas and any other people who can't take no for an answer. The fact that they've got a discipline-set to back this up makes them appealing. And let's not forget their lovely clan weakness.

Gangrel, Mekhet or Nosferatu.

Gangrel: They are cool. I like the powers they have and way of "living".

Mekhet: The 'Tall, dark and spooky' one, also calls to me.

Nosferatu: I have aboslutely no idea. I just think they deserve some notices. They are alas more spookier then the Mekhet, if you ask me.

Edited by SVA

They have a lot in common with their old-school counterparts, however with the inevitable descent into maddness as their humanity drops.  Well the exploration of power and insanity is a combination I enjoy, in both characters and villains makes them a real draw to this storyteller.

The maddness of king lear....mmmm.  Always a treat.

I completely agree.

It was a bit difficult for me, however; I like all the Clans, for different reasons. They're more expressions of archetypes than the OWoD clans were ... and I like that. I like the Daeva because they're the seductive predator; I like the Gangrel because they're the primal hunter; I like the Mekhet because they're the watcher from the shadows; I like the Nosferatu because they're the monster in your closet; ... but I like the Ventrue the most because they're the mad lords of the night.

From what I read in the V:tR book, I'm mostly attracted to the Mekhet. Someone they really embody the "real" Vampire myth: attractive, yet mysterious strangers, who appear and dissapear when they want to. And the Mekhet seem to be a pretty "open" Clan, having people from different walks of life, and that really attracts me.

But I also like the new Nosferatus. I really like that Nightmare thingy...

I could make a case for every one of the 5 clans, but I know deep down, the mekhet appeal to me the most....

Mekhet...and I'm a little surprised by their popularity.

At first they struck me as a little bit of a pale shadow of Lasombra.

Gangrel a close second... Protean has seen some improvements...

Donor

My favorite for Dark Ages was both Lasombra and Gangrel (only because Gangrel worked well into my Scottish run). However, I think the Gangrel are my least favorite (modern day VtR) as I tire of the whole, "I'm antisocial, going for a ride on my hog and hang with the furries, fuck you all," attitude which seemed to show in players that played them. Okay, I exaggerate just a tad.

My favorite is Mekhet (Lasombra wannabes) or Nos (they just rule), though I kind of have an idea for a Tzimisce Deava bloodline which gives me the oogligooglies (creeps).

Donor
From what I read in the V:tR book, I'm mostly attracted to the Mekhet. Someone they really embody the "real" Vampire myth: attractive, yet mysterious strangers, who appear and dissapear when they want to.

Thats exactly what I was going to say. The Mekhet are the epitome of the monster in the dark,

Donor

For me it's realy hard to pick a favorite. It would be between the Daeva and the Mekhet. But when it comes down to it I have to go with Daeva. I've just always been drawn to things like that. And I also have the Daeva clan sign tattooed on me left shoulder blade blush.gif:

Incredible, the Gangrel are the least popular of the clans in Requiem!

I must admit I'm a melancholic and voted them wink2.gif

funny part I find about it is that the most popular 1 is one of the newest ones... I'm not going to say that people are going "oooh bright shiney and new! I'll pick that!" but I'm damn sure going to imply it... *LOL* {JUST A JOKE FOLKS!} but yeah Nos in second place... I didn't see that one coming...

I'm with you on the Gangrel... tried and true...

Logan

Edited by jadedeath

I'm deliberately abstaining from choosing a favorite out of respect for the brilliant balance White Wolf has produced in this set of clans, and because I really can't decide which one I like the best. The division of Disciplines, archetypes, and weaknesses is spectacular:

-I like the Daeva because their weakness is much more relevant, thematic, and powerful than the Toreador's ever was. They represent the perversion and desecration of the soul better than any clan in Masquerade ever did. They're a clan I can finally take seriously.

-The Gangrel have been honed and refined to a distinctive representation of the loss of Humanity and what happens when people truly let themselves become animals.

-The Mekhet are iconic of the vampire's banes, and the cost of supernatural insight. They finally have the answers to the great secrets of the world and the mind, but at a tremendous loss.

-The Nosferatu have been refined from their previous state because they don't have the weight of being the only spies in Kindred society (and indeed, they aren't the best qualified for it anymore). Now, they have the potent ability to twist the mind and inspire fear, but are themselves twisted and cast from even the company of their own kind.

-The Ventrue are the embodiment of the corruption of the mind. Through their power to influence they can build up empires, but every foundation within themselves is rotten and ready to collapse.

All of the weaknesses have been greatly refined and perfected, making the dichotomy within each clan very elegantly defined. The Daeva are influential of others, but can't control themselves. The Gangrel flirt with their monstrous side and are thereby less human. The Mekhet see greater truths, yet spend their lives in darkness. The Nosferatu are instruments of fear, and can't turn it off. The Ventrue wield power and control, but from slippery footing. I love it. Each one's very existence is torment. Looking back, being only able to feed from certain groups of people, or having to sleep in dirt from your home country, or not casting any reflection are all just stupid. They may make the Kindred's lives difficult, but they aren't meaningful enough to inspire true misery. Every vampire is now at war with what they are, no matter who they are. I love it.

well put...

definately adds a new way of looking at the clans...

now I wanna play a Ventrue again... *LOL*

Logan

And after writing that I feel like playing them all... which would be why I Storytell. happy.gif All is right with the world.

Personally, I'm just glad they got rid of the Gangrel's OLD clan weakness, and it's no longer ther rule that All Nosferatu look worse than Arseface from Preacher. (Vertigo Comics) Those were kind of debilitating in the "playability" category. Personally, though, I like the Mekhet, because they're real wild cards.

Edited by Galen

Knihtmare: i mostly agree, except that the Gangrel don't really become less human...just dumber or more distracted... which is kind of a problem with their weakness...

Galen: yeah, I agree the old Clan weakness of the Gangrel was a bit excessive, but it also allowed for some wicked meetings with mythical monsters: chimera, Medusa etc...

The one thing that bothers me in the Nos of Requiem is that, while a general minority should have non-physical deformities, all physically deformed Nossies have disapeared from games and forums, unless someone is trying to pull off another version of Nicktuku...

The one thing that bothers me in the Nos of Requiem is that, while a general minority should have non-physical deformities, all physically deformed Nossies have disapeared from games and forums, unless someone is trying to pull off another version of Nicktuku...

I totally agree with that... as soon as 3rd came out everyone had a "creepy aura" or some other such thing...

I had a character who had a perfectly normal face... but his body was covered in skin that looked like it had been melted... it was quite the hassle getting him into a suit {it took alot of restraints} but he looked fine once in it... and had a physical dice penalty because of the restraints...

Logan

Curator

I've got a Nossy that looks like an Orc...forward swept ridge over eyes, greenish skin, etc. Big guy too...

I think it's a backlash against the old school Nossys which will subside over time. I've seen deformed Nossys more often in new players then old players of Vampire.