289 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favorite Clan?

• Daeva
    • Gangrel
    • Mekhet
    • Nosferatu
    • Ventrue

I voted for the Gangrel.

They've made Protean so much better than it once was.

I'll have to say the Mekhet were a close second.

Donor
I voted for the Gangrel.

They've made Protean so much better than it once was.

I'll have to say the Mekhet were a close second.

Gotta admit, protean does make me drool a bit. But I think I Grangled enough in VTM. See: Del Atlerman the Andrelanin junkie, gamer Grangle.

Procurator

I agree with the claws being level 3 now, if that's what you mean. But, more than just the Gangrel will have Protean. Any other reason why you like them so much?

Nosferatu, definitely. They were monsters in the oWoD, but in the nWoD, they've become truly horrific abominations.

--plus, Nightmare is easily the coolest of the new Disciplines NB

Mekhet, I suppose. I just like the image of this vamp hidden in the shadows, who fades forwards with a bit of knowledge that no one else knew. A sort of vizier-like figure.

Shadowy scholars appeal to me. And I like them more than the Ventrue this time 'round.

So i voted nossie i sat here with the book last night flicking through trying to find the right clan to base my idea for a bloodline off now it wasnt the nossies but i just conected with them the social outcasts the weird lady you see walking down the street muttering to herself. The computer nerds you just cant stand to be around because you feel inferior to them (due to there intelectual prowess)

so i voted nos why because the new nos are Hardcore scary

Donor

Daeva.

I grew up reading Interview with the Vampire at least twice a year, every year (along with dozens of other vampire novels, but there was very little that compared -- I'm extremely fussy about vampire fiction). It became one of my favourite ever books and shaped my impression of what the quintessential vampires should be. I was a little disappointed when I first got into V:TM, because here was a wonderfully rich setting that utterly lacked any proper Anne Ricean vampire clan (the Toreador didn't even come close).

With the Daeva, they finally got it right. They've got the atmosphere. Almost makes me want to give up my ST mantle and play one.

Mehket, most definitely. Daeva come a very close second, but I love the Mehket. It's as close as I'm likely to get to my beloved Lasombra in the new WoD...

Donor
Mehket, most definitely. Daeva come a very close second, but I love the Mehket. It's as close as I'm likely to get to my beloved Lasombra in the new WoD...

Just convince you ST to let you run a Khaibit oh yeah my favorite hands down!!!

Gangrel, they appeal to the more simplistic side to my nature. and it gives me an exscuse for remaining ushaven at our local games. its just so cool, growing claws...

... ¡¡I like all of it!!

but if I have to choice one my soul belongs to the Meketh...

Why? they are misterius, good looking ang they are similars to Lasombra... ther are my favourite in the last game biggrin.gif

Vampires have always been creatures of the night by design, but none more so than the dwellers in darkness who compose Clan Mekhet...nuff said! evilgrin.gif

Donor

I must agree with many esteemed colleagues...the Mekhet have my undying love. They are secretive and seductive in their secrets. Reading their write up made me heady with delight. And they are as close to my dear sweet Lasombra as we get. The Khebit may have the gift of shadows but they are not the manipulators or skilled performers of intrigue that are really needed to bring back the excitement to my heart. And they are unfortunately *shudders* controllable...It almost made me weep.

I was surprised that the Gangrel held a close second for me. I was never really enthusiastic to them in the OWOD.

Donor

The secretive nature of the Khebit is attractive, as is their tenous similarity to the now-gone Lasombra. However the Ventrue have my love in the new game. They have a lot in common with their old-school counterparts, however with the inevitable descent into maddness as their humanity drops. Well the exploration of power and insanity is a combination I enjoy, in both characters and villains makes them a real draw to this storyteller.

The maddness of king lear....mmmm. Always a treat.

The Mekhet are my least favourite clan, I'm afraid. I don't like the whole "Black Man" archetype.

As for favourite clan, I'm torn. The Daeva are certainly interesting - they play with the passions of others, but are slaves of their own desires in turn. They are so beautiful, so interesting. You want to be with them. You love them, and they love you in turn, but it's a love that kills you dead.

The Ventrue are cool because they have all the money, the cool cars and the hot ladies, yet their power over others affects their minds. The bestial Gangrel hold much appeal to me - I'm a huge Werewolf fan, after all.

In the end, my clan of choice are the Ventrue.

Edited by wyrm

Procurator

Just goes to show how many of ya don't get none! Daeva are the one and only clan that matters! biggrin.gif

The Gangrel rank as my favoite. Now don't get me wrong... Daeva are cool, and so are Mehket, but its the fact that Gangrel are the embodiment of what the vampire IS. an animal inhuman skin.

Donor

Im partial to the Mekhet but that is merely due to them epitomising the vampire myth in my opinion.

The shadowy hunter that emerges from the shadows often as an attractive stranger drawing them in to their trap like a spider then feeding on them as well as the fact that the Mekhet are also what seems to remain of my once beloved Lasombra

But thats my opinion thats why Requiem is actually really good, everyones vampires myths are covered by one of the clans, you want sexual predator? you got Daeva.... you want stealthy hunter you got Mekhet you want nightmarish monster? you got nosferatu etc

Best regards

Illispher

I voted for Nosferatu. The reason? They have the game's only new core discipline, and it's amazing. They finally live up to the movie they're named after.

Donor

Wow... I can't decide which Clan, mainly because all of them have actually some real value to me...

I do wonder why the poor Gangrel fall in a sad 5th, though

I am torn between the Gangrel and the Daeva, but I think I'm going to have to go with the Gangrel.

They're simple, brutally efficient, and their 'dont really give a shit about what anyone else thinks' attitude really does gel with me. Plus, as various members have said, they are the epitome of what a vampire is - a predator, first and foremost.

Donor

Nosferatu takes my vote, call me superficial, but I just like the attractive ones tongue2.gif.

Procurator

I have to say that WW got it right with the Nosferatu this time from front to back.