kaworu naguisa

Tytalan (House Tytalus Redux)

Tytalans

“Through strife, Power!”

Even before the dawn of man, War was the way of nature: Beast against beast, the ravages of the sea giving form to the land and the consuming fire of the globe fighting against the cold darkness of the space. Through the blood of the weak and the painful wounds of victory, this world evolved. All the gifts we humanity, and even nature, embrace were hard won after ages of tribulations and ordeals. Mind, body, soul and even magic were weapon gifts for the strong and brave. The outer conflict mirrored the polishing of the soul. Nowadays the average man tries to run from the battles of life. We always walk the safest path, look upon our shoulders and avoid anything that might be consider a warning of danger. Caution and fear has made the spirit weak, dreams of glory and conquest have been subdue into soulless battles of greed and envy. With the passage of every single century the lie appears to taint more and more the innerfire of humanity, making us forget the potential we have for greatness and just moving us for deeper positions of conformism and laziness.

The Tytali are the preachers of conflict. The wandering warriors and conquering generals who build empires from the stuff of their dreams. Not bloodhungry madman, but beings who strive for new ways to put their abilities to test. In every single opportunity, they throw themselves to war. Not just the mundane, but also the greatest of all wars: The War upon their sins, weakness and frailties, the War against the abyss and the lie, the pure War for ascension. Physical struggles against their strength, mental contests for the acumen and spiritual challenges that gradually make them a sharper and perfected awakened. Sometimes their battles are not individual skirmishes, Tytali are accomplished generals, politicians and seek different battlefields. The thing that bound them all is the drive and ferocity with which they step on the battlefield.

The legacy of strife, as some call them, was constructed upon two beliefs. One of them is self reliability and the other is unboundable will. A tytalus is a being in the never ending process of improvement. Existence for this mage is a series of tests whose objective is perfection in all aspects. A quality, though, that must be hardly put to prove and always used not to be lost. The philosophy of conflict is not mindless as some mighty think, the ultimate drive of this legacy is not to become just a perfect weapon of war, or an example perfection, the greatest end is to became an unstoppable force. Make the will of mage a sword that can transpose any obstacle making real any objective the tytalan sees as worth. A perfect will to power, but a purposeful will. Glory without fear.

The origins of this legacy are said to be in the cursed moment were the mages of Atlantis divided. Many claim that the exarchs themselves were moved by the tytalan words of unlimited will to power. The hubris of the ladder and the fall sit heavy upon their shoulders. Other, differently, claim that these legend of tytalan full involvement in such an important moment is nothing more then ill directed hubris . The fact is that mages who followed the tytalan legacy were often found in the major conflicts of civilization and are accounted for being n both sides, as generals of the awakened city during the fall. Greece, rome, the crusades and the world wars all watched these mages. Their speeches about glory, honor and greatness inflamed awakened and asleep hearts alike. Many disputes arise in the concils where these individuals live, some meticulous planned by the legacy to trial and fortify the mages around them, others exactly against the warcries and unrest that these very same mages cause. But if tytalans enjoy being put to test, most of them are not mere trouble makers. Glory is to be achieved in real conflicts, pet disputes are good just to teach people their places within the food chain, otherwise pointless if not with a dedicated and meritorious adversary.

Under the banner of the pentacle orders these mages also carry the greatest efforts against the abyss and seers. In their philosophy, what better opponent for one then the gods themselves, and which battle can test one’s personal power them the threads of dissolution and utmost despair?

Parent Path or Order: (Obrimos – for the ferocity and drive; Mastigos- for the harshness; Thyrsus – for the natural order and natural selection stuff… which do you think is better?) or Adamantine Arrows.

Nickname: Caesars

… the rest is yet to come … :P ideas for attainements? Comments?

(obs: once again i apologize for the english)

Donor

Well I think Mastigos or Obrimos would be best. I'm leaning towards Mastigos.... Either way their attainments should invovle mind in my opinion.

Great showing BTW! I'm really impressed

Donor

Magnificent, really magnificent. I couldn't dream of a better conversion of the House Tytalus. Nothing to add, except perhaps some kind of organisation.

They are definitively Mastigos, with a component of Force or Life, I'm still hesitating. And Adamantine Arrow.

You'll have your attainments tomorrow or monday, depending if I work on your hollow ones first or not. I think I have enought background to make something matching their spirit. I just want to know if you want me to focus on personal struggle or on great wars aspect (I still don't know if I can merge these two aspects, but I'll try)

Don't worry for your english. It's a very good one. I don't know where you come from, but as a french I thought my english weren't very good and put this kind of warning on every post. I stopped when I saw american and english people speaking badlier than me. This is also your case.

Magnificent, really magnificent. I couldn't dream of a better conversion of the House Tytalus. Nothing to add, except perhaps some kind of organisation.

They are definitively Mastigos, with a component of Force or Life, I'm still hesitating. And Adamantine Arrow.

You'll have your attainments tomorrow or monday, depending if I work on your hollow ones first or not. I think I have enought background to make something matching their spirit. I just want to know if you want me to focus on personal struggle or on great wars aspect (I still don't know if I can merge these two aspects, but I'll try)

Don't worry for your english. It's a very good one. I don't know where you come from, but as a french I thought my english weren't very good and put this kind of warning on every post. I stopped when I saw american and english people speaking badlier than me. This is also your case.

Concerning their achievements i think emphasizing inner conflict and grown is more appropriate since unlimited and unstoppable will is what they seek.

About the English : ^^ thx

These description, and the house tytali, made me worry because it's way of acting and thinking is much like the core creed of the adamantine arrows. The major difference, i think, lies in which the tytali want to master themselves and concentrate on their will and on conquering glory. The arrows as a whole appears to embrace the value of serving and the lessons of protecting instead of conquering. I hope to find a way of making this clear...

Appearance: In times of peace tytali are heavily aristocratic in style. Most members of the legacy tend to use fine clothes and discret, but expensive, jewelry representing the power they have assembled. They have a towering presence, the kind of manners that are polite but imposing and many shy before their figure. In the battlefield they are leaders and do not lack any physical prowess to the soldiers they inspire into battling. Some tytali in the modern days assume alternative and shocking looks. They claim that breaking society and its stereotypes is a challenge as valid as any other.

Backgrounds: The Tytalan legacy is not something for the weakwilled or undisciplined. Almost anyone can become an apprentice of a tytalus, but only a few exceptional mages are really able to withstand the high expectations and the harsh treatment necessary to initiate one on the fold. Most of the ones who are able to overcome all difficulties and reach their first attainment are people with a greater goal, Awakened who have higher dreams and see joining the legacy as a way to be prepare for whatever it takes in order to be fulfill their visions. A Tytalan is rarely the same person after the trials of the legacy he was before joining it.

Organization: Nowadays the tytali are spread through different councils and, due to their habits and beliefs, do not attract that many mages as other legacies. It’s most a matter of a master and a pupil sharing the old teachings and proving themselves one to another in the political dance of the orders. Tytali meet almost always in the battlefield. As they rise to power and are acknowledged, a hierarch is created through conquest and accomplishment. Glory is their measure of enlightenment, because a mage’s true power can only be worth the things it’s able to conquest. Adepts of the duel arcane (and any other form of challenge thrown at them), Tytali have a long record of inner turmoil and antagonism, fighting each other tirelessly using the old ritual. As a matter of fact, concerning their competitiveness, a custom that survived the ages is that in which a tytalus is only considered fully trained and independent whenever he is able to challenge and beat his mentor in something.

Suggested Oblations: Martial or tactical training, Battling or dueling worth opponents, War speeches, strategical meetings and concils, fiercely debate or confront antagonist groups of some valor.

Concepts: General, Duelist, Politician, mob leader, Weapon Dealer, Revolutionary.

suggestions? critics? Changes?

if there's nothing you see as needing to change i'll edit the first post to accomodate these itens.

Edited by kaworu naguisa

Donor

1st Attainment: Standing Against Adversity

Mind 2, Life 2, Athletics 3

Tytali can outstand incredible amount of agressions, may it be physical or mental. He can negate a number of penalties due to pain (including wound penalties) equal to his Life rating. He can add his Mind rating to Resolve+Composure roll in order to resist weakness (such as temptation, laziness or derangements). Finally, he gain a mental shield whose potency is equal to his Mind rating.

2nd Attainment: Moving the World

Mind 3

The mere presence of the Tytalan become the medium of his powerful will. Anyone in conflict against the Tytalan suffer a penalty on all dicepool equal to the Tytalan Mind rating due to fear of his martial abilities, his self-confidence or his nobility. This effect may be resisted with a Resolve+Composure roll (Standing Against Adversity bonus apply) versus the Tytalan Presence+Intimidation+Mind. This presence can motivate a crowd to follow a Tytalan in his battle, may it be a war or a revolution. The Tytalan roll Presence+Persuasion+Mind against the hightest Composure+Gnosis rating of the crowd.

Optionnal Arcanum: Force 3

The presence become physically agressive, and act as a damaging aura. Anyone agressively touching or damaging the Tytalan take a number of bashing damage equal to his Force rating. This shield can be activated or desactivated at will.

3rd Attainment: Undomptable Will

Mind 4

The Tytalan is now only stoppable by brute strenght (physical or mental). No trickery can work on him, unless woven into numerous layers of lies. He instinctively senses if someone try to trick him, and can read the inner depth of the tricker's mind to reveal the nature of the trick. The tricker must be physically present, and must know what he does. Each success on a Wits+Empaty+Mind versus Resolve+Gnosis reveal the truth on one layer of lies. Additionaly, even Magic can't control his mind. He dispels reflexively any Mind spell directed against him whose potency is inferior or equal to his Mind rating

Optionnal Arcanum: Force 4

Everyone fear being directly in conflict with Tytali, with reason. Tytalan can react reflexively to any magical attempt to harm or control them, by inflicting an amount of lethal damage equal to his Force rating upon the caster. This attainment don't work on spells cast with a sympathic connection.

Edited by Nepher

^^ i think i will follow deimos example and let you make all the achievements you like ^^. I mean, these were really good, i couldn't think of anythink better for the tytali. I'm just worried about the power level of this stuff... i'm not familiar with all the legacies of awakening but automatic damage is not that common, is it?

Nice job ^^ Nepher, i couldn't make it better!

Donor

Not common, but for a third attainment it should be more than fine.

Donor

Glad you like it.

For the automatic damages, think of fire. You touch it, you take damage. It's rather the same with Tytali.

Don't play with dangerous things...

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.