TSHamby

Favorite Auspice

What is your favourite Auspice?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Auspice?

• Rahu (The Full Moon, The Warrior) - warriors of all kinds from brawlers to seasoned commanders.
    • Cahalith (The Gibbous Moon, The Visionary) - seers, storytellers and lorekeepers.
    • Elodoth (The Half Moon, The Walker Between) - diplomats to the spirit courts, judges and arbiters.
    • Ithaeur (The Crescent Moon, The Spirit Master) - occultists and keepers of spirit lore and rituals.
    • Irraka (The New Moon, The Stalker) - scouts, spies and trackers.

By my very nature, I am a Walker Between, a diplomat and a peacemaker. Therefore, I cast my ballot for the Elodoth. I also find it interesting that I was born under the half moon according to the StarDate site, but that's another game entirely ...

If I had to choose between a auspice I would choose the Rahu, the warrior auspice, for similar reasons why I choose the Blood Talons as the Tribe of choice and after a process of elimination. I have no interest in memorizing the tales and deeds of the area and my people and passing that knowledge to the next generation so that eliminates the Cahalith. I have no interest, and to a point actually find it appalling, in being the judge, jury, and executioner of my people and the creatures of the Shadow, and have an even greater disinterest in being the diplomat and peacemaker between the pack and the needs of the spirits so that eliminates the Elodoth. I have a slight interest in learning of the spirits and the spirit realm, since learning of this place, as well as the creatures that live within it, will grant me an advantage in battle when facing these creatures, as well as allowing me to trick such creatures into a state of false security, and later hystera, or use this knowledge to manipulate spirits into destroying a foe for me, but this interest only goes so far and the psychological effect this knowledge can have on these Uratha is less of an incentive to choose to go down this path. I have a slight interest in the stalking and stealth of the Irraka, venturing into places no other could venture into without being heard or seen, being literally an inch away from an enemy, looking it into the eye, without worry and killing this enemy without having this creature mutter even a whimper, but these abilities do not help in combat once your cover in blown and its time to fight, usually away from backup and in enemy terrain, so you have to make it count or you're dead and you may not be able to. So that leaves only the Rahu.

The Rahu are the greatest fighters among the People, receiving this blessing from Mother Luna herself, and having many, if not most, of their abilities lie with defeating or destroying their foes (yes there is a difference) and leading a pack to glory if need be, though this does not mean they necessarily make great, or even good leaders, leaders are made not born. So since I'm looking for a warrior, and possible alpha or beta, the strength of the Rahu is a no brainer.

Edited by Kingneo

I would have to be Ithaeur. Nothing else really fits me well, and being the person who knows everything about the mysterious spirit stuff going on absolutely fits me. Other than asking for advice I'm sort of useless in situations. Sad, but true. But advice is moderately useful....right?

I voted Elodoth, as a libra I can relate to their outlook on things and their role as judges.

Well well.... after looking at the link with the moon phase, it turns out I was "born" a Cahalith. Certainly explains my creative streak. :D Still, my answer for in-game auspice stays Elodoth. Love em.

Perhaps that's my Libra-ness coming through as well, like jburgos. Then again I'm "technically" (whatever that means in the mushy world of astrology) a Scor-Libran. We're just a pack of weirdos, honestly.

Edited by Inhumu

If our actual astrological signs came through in character creation, I should be all about Elodoth. Being Gemini. You know, two minds about everything...I'd make for a good arbiter that way. But, the judge ranks very low on my list. Irraka first and always. Cahalith would have to be next. I dunno, maybe I wasn't actually born in June and my parents forged a new birth certificate to get me into school earlier, so I would be out of their hair. That would be cool!

Well well.... after looking at the link with the moon phase, it turns out I was "born" a Cahalith.

Let's not forget that your auspice corresponds to the moon phase of the time of your First Change, not your birth.

Each Uratha has an auspice, a traditional role in Uratha society, tied to one of five phases of the moon. Luna decides each Uratha's auspice, based on their personality and abilities; accordingly, an Uratha will go through the First Change during the corresponding moon phase.

What role has Mother Luna chosen for you?

As much as I aspire to be a Rahu. By my profession and general inclination, I am a Cahalith. Though if I were a Rahu, it would definately be the thinking warrior.

I just found out I was born the last day of the waning gibbous moon.

My favorite auspice is the Cahalith. Go figure. *shrug*.

A close second is Irraka.

Definitely cahalith all the way for me based on my real life personality.

Fortunately, looking back, I see that the character I submitted for the Signature Character thread in the Ungin was also cahalith, so that worked out quite nicely! (Admittedly I did, for whatever reason at the time, also choose that the best character representation for me involved a sex change, which is a loose thread that I'm not sure I ought to pull at too much...).

Using the stardate logic, I'd be an Elodoth apparently, which I can see being true - I'm a pretty chilled and balanced kind of guy (but I'm sure I could have found elements of all the auspices in my personality if I looked hard enough).

Idealistically, definitely cahalith.

I have to choose Ithaeur. I was born under the waning crescent too, just two days before the new moon, so that worked out nicely.

Anytime I play Werewolf, run a Werewolf game or a game where one of the players is an Uratha I tend to involve the Shadow Realm and its denizens a whole lot. I'm sort of really into the nWoD cosmology and I find a strange enjoyment in making connections between the different rule books and the different realms (and their inhabitents) talked about in them (I don't have Prmothean: The Created, though... yet)

Plus I'm into Shamanism, and a wise man that can go beserk on your @$$ is right up my alley.

Turns out that I'm an Irraka as well, though it doesn't really fit with my personality; I think of myself as more of a Cahalith or Elodoth.

I have checked and I was born a Rahu under the full moon. Always liked playing the warrior my first werewolf was a get of fenris in the apocalypse setting. Time have brought me to play the ithaeur and irakka more and more, with the no moon in favor. It's because the guys I play with mostly play elodoth, cahalith and rahu. Still my ithaeur is usually strongly built and has a couple of fight oriented gifts and rites. My irakka is usually something like a guerrilla fighter / assassin battling side-by-side with the rahu. I really don't like playing the elodoth it's just something I don't have in me. There are many things to see in the balancing concept of it.

-----------------------------------------

life runs on code

Cahalith.

It fits my personality as well. But in the game i play what i want or what is needed in the pack.

Curator

I voted Elodoth though Ithaeur was also tempting..