TSHamby

Favorite Auspice

What is your favourite Auspice?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Auspice?

• Rahu (The Full Moon, The Warrior) - warriors of all kinds from brawlers to seasoned commanders.
    • Cahalith (The Gibbous Moon, The Visionary) - seers, storytellers and lorekeepers.
    • Elodoth (The Half Moon, The Walker Between) - diplomats to the spirit courts, judges and arbiters.
    • Ithaeur (The Crescent Moon, The Spirit Master) - occultists and keepers of spirit lore and rituals.
    • Irraka (The New Moon, The Stalker) - scouts, spies and trackers.

Donor
Except I was referring to YOUR human birthday, not your character's. Obviously we, the users of this forum, haven't ever undergone and will never undergo the First Change.

Yeah, born as a Cahalith, beotch, the ultimate storyteller; rocks! biggrin.gif

Damn, now just awaiting the first change. wink2.gif

Truthfully, the best auspice, I suppose that depends on the character I'm dreaming up at the time.

Donor

According to moon phase, I'm an Ithaeur, waning (extremely waning, a day away from new moon). Which actually makes a heck of a lot of sense for my personality, and I rather like the Ithaeur, so I'll go with that.

I like all the Auspices, actually.

Well now, according the stardata I was born between the auspice of Ithaeur and Irraka, leaning more towards Irraka. It rather coincides with my nature, more Irraka then Ithaeur.

Irraka it will have to be for me. icon1.gif

Perhaps it's the fact that I'm an artist myself, but Cahalith is my choice in the end. While playing, I have two characters, one being a Cahalith (Iron Master) and this is the one I am the closest with.

Donor
I can readily see you as a Cahalith, packsister ...

Just curious Walks, but was this directed at me or MariaSunderland?

C'mon gibbous moons! Show youselves, get out the vote. Give the Cahaliths some love. We're in next to last place, guys.

I was born in-between Cahalith and Elodoth, leaning towards Elodoth. My personality is the same, relatively speaking. But my favourite Auspice has always been somewhere between the Magus and the Storyteller (which explains why I like Uktena Galliards.)

For favourite Auspice, I'll have to say Galliard/Cahalith. I both identify with the Gibbous Moons and enjoy their roles in werewolf society and warfare.

On the other hand, I'm kind of odd and the one character I'm dying to play in a Forsaken game is a Storm Lord Elodoth... I'm still voting Cahalith, though.

Donor

*High fives Sammi* Alright, another vote for the Cahalith!

Had to go Irraka as I am a die-hard Ragabash lover from way back. It may not be considered to be that honored of a role, but there is just something about being the guy lurking in the shadows who sees everything that you don't want him to. The guy who always watching every secret meeting, catches every seemingly meaningless word muttered under your breath and who might be watching from behind every tree or around every corner.

Just curious Walks, but was this directed at me or MariaSunderland?

MariaSunderland, but it works for you and Sammi just as well.

Donor

I voted for Elodoth in the end. I have always crossed over between Philodox and Galliard and there is a similar line between Elodoth and Cahalith. However, it is not so difficult to chose between the latter pair since I am not as passionate as I am diplomatice and measured. (really, I am!)

It is not really answering the question though, but I do not really have a "favourite" auspice. The nearest I get is Irraka, but only because you can fit virtually any number in virtually any game. I like the splitting of some of the Theurge's duties and abilities across three different Forsaken auspices, but I still do not think that Cahalith is going to appeal to the kind of people I end up playing with any more than Galliard did. (Actually, the only time I really noticed Galliard players was in a live game where there were two "Fianna Galliards" using it as an opportunity to get drunk.)

Donor

It is not really answering the question though, but I do not really have a "favourite" auspice. The nearest I get is Irraka, but only because you can fit virtually any number in virtually any game. I like the splitting of some of the Theurge's duties and abilities across three different Forsaken auspices, but I still do not think that Cahalith is going to appeal to the kind of people I end up playing with any more than Galliard did. (Actually, the only time I really noticed Galliard players was in a live game where there were two "Fianna Galliards" using it as an opportunity to get drunk.)

Weird, among the werewolf players I know Galliard was the most popular auspice. Largely due to all the storytelling and whatnot associated with it. Although now that I think about it, the fact that most W:tA players I know are women might have something to do with that.

Curator

Militant Irraka would probably be my favourite - I agree with the profile of a good soldier as possessing the attributes of a succesful cat burglar, poacher and gunman, which I do tend to like to bring to my warlike characters. Of course, one could go with a stealthy Rahu as well, but it doesn't work as well to my mind.

I like them all though. They're all clear attractive archetypes. As for which I fit into, it probably changes from day to day...

If you need to know your birth Auspice:

http://stardate.org/nightsky/moon/

Over to the right you will find a calender to look up archival data on moon phases. Just enter your birth date and have a look at which of Luna's faces you were born under.

thanks for that Krowe... by that {and what I voted before I clicked on the link} that'd make me a Rahu...

Logan

Donor

And that site begs the question... is the phase of the moon different depending where in the world you are?

According to moonphase, I was born under the Ithaeur moon, waxing, one day from Irraka.

As far as my pick here, I have to go with Rahu even though I truly love all auspices. I especially love the idea of an honorable warrior caste.

Curator

And that site begs the question... is the phase of the moon different depending where in the world you are?

The side of the Earth currently able to see the moon is based upon the Earth's rotation while the phase of the moon is based upon the moon's revolution around the Earth (how much of the Earth is between it and the Sun). So no, your geographical location has no major effect on how you perceive the phases of the moon.

Donor

I knew there was a reason I dropped Physics. Cheers Krowe.

I picked Rahu. With Cahalith a close second.

I was born under a half moon, tho.

I picked Ithaeur. But I was born a Cahalith. :(

Funny thing, though, is that I do have some musical talent. The thing I don't really like about the Cahalith is that all their folk songs and songs praising Luna are officially supposed to be howls. I don't want to be howling LIKE THAT in the middle of a session, but I WOULD like to bust out the guitar and sing. That's going against cannon, though, and it upsets me. Lots of wasted potential there, for players with musical talent who would like to actually use it during sessions.

I picked Cahalith, although Ithauer was an absolutely perfect close second.

Nothing like an actor who turns into a killing machine! :icon6:

If you need to know your birth Auspice:

<span style='color:orange'>http://stardate.org/nightsky/moon/</span>

Over to the right you will find a calender to look up archival data on moon phases. Just enter your birth date and have a look at which of Luna's faces you were born under.

Errr. After a long while, I've finally perused this calendar, but I'm somewhat lost on the moon phases and how they're called in English.

I checked July 19, 1973. Is it waning or waxing? I guess waning, but if someone could confirm this to a stupid non-native english speaker...

Errr. After a long while, I've finally perused this calendar, but I'm somewhat lost on the moon phases and how they're called in English.

I checked July 19, 1973. Is it waning or waxing? I guess waning, but if someone could confirm this to a stupid non-native english speaker...

You are correct, the moon for July 19, 1973 be waning.

Edited by Nightfall

You are correct, the moon for July 19, 1973 be waning.

Many thanks! Now I get the terms.

Donor

I'm surprised that there are so few Rahu.