TSHamby

Favorite Auspice

What is your favourite Auspice?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Auspice?

• Rahu (The Full Moon, The Warrior) - warriors of all kinds from brawlers to seasoned commanders.
    • Cahalith (The Gibbous Moon, The Visionary) - seers, storytellers and lorekeepers.
    • Elodoth (The Half Moon, The Walker Between) - diplomats to the spirit courts, judges and arbiters.
    • Ithaeur (The Crescent Moon, The Spirit Master) - occultists and keepers of spirit lore and rituals.
    • Irraka (The New Moon, The Stalker) - scouts, spies and trackers.

Each Uratha has an auspice, a traditional role in Uratha society, tied to one of five phases of the moon. Luna decides each Uratha's auspice, based on their personality and abilities; accordingly, an Uratha will go through the First Change during the corresponding moon phase.

What role has Mother Luna chosen for you?

I like all of the auspices.... Hmmm.... Elodoth I don't really like as much as they seem a bit less defined to me(Keeping things even covers a lot of conceptual ground...) Rahu are cool but don't gel with me much, I'm not much for the whole warrior character thing. Although I do like the whole 100% commitment and energy they bring to stuff(described in Lore of the Forsaken)

Cahalith is cool, I like the visionary and the lore keeper angles. But they aren't as appealing as the Irraka and Ithaeur... I will think some more then decide.

As I tend to operate on the fringes and enjoy trailblazing, I cast my ballad with the Irraka. The life of a scout and an innovator is the role chosen for me . . .

Irraka lead the way!

Curator

I was born as an Elodoth and, before knowing that, my first Uratha character was also a Half Moon.

To understand balance I have to understand and employ every aspect of Luna's many moods. I am as likely to seek battle and glory as the means to my ends as I am to seek stealth and cunning. The most appropriate tool for the task at hand.

Donor

Do you mean what fits me, or what I like the best?

Do you mean what fits me, or what I like the best?

Both, actually. wink2.gif

• What is your favourite Auspice?
  • What role has Mother Luna chosen for you?

Donor

I voted Ithaeur, but I would probably become an Elodoth if I went through the first change.

Curator

If you need to know your birth Auspice:

http://stardate.org/nightsky/moon/

Over to the right you will find a calender to look up archival data on moon phases. Just enter your birth date and have a look at which of Luna's faces you were born under.

Donor

Wrong game. Auspice is determined by first change, not by birth.

Curator
Wrong game.  Auspice is determined by first change, not by birth.

Except I was referring to YOUR human birthday, not your character's. Obviously we, the users of this forum, haven't ever undergone and will never undergo the First Change.

Donor

According to StarDate, I was born an Elodoth. Hmmm...

Heh, well this is nice. Cahalith was my choice for favored auspice, as I love the idea of being the howling storyteller, urging his companions on to greater glory. I looked at the StarDate site, and- yep- turns out I was born under the Gibbous Moon! It's nice when life works out like that. happy.gif

Well, this is not so simple.

I picked Elodoth for the poll, for I have always appreciated those who can see both sides of things. I try to be that way though I often fail.

I also have a great deal od respect for Cahalith. I so wish I could have their taletelling talents. Irraka soeaks to the lone wolf in me, the part that knows I will never be fully understood by others even if they did accept me.

And last, it appears that I was born under the Full Moon. Does that account for my flaring temper, I wonder. wink2.gif

Donor

Elodoth here. Though by the Stardate site, I fall between the Gibbous and Half moons.

But temperament side, I find that I balance thoughts and judgements with actions. Ocassionally I will have a totally firey flare up but it is rare. I do walk the fine line though, between chaos and order.

Curator

Does is strike anyone else as interesting how the numbers are falling given the types of personality generally drawn to gaming? I can't help but grin that the most common Auspices that we are relating too are also the most common outlooks for gamers to have. icon1.gif

Heh,

Apparently I am the only Rahu-lover so far. I really am fond of all the Auspice roles, but if a have to choose one, then I favor those chosen as THE warriors among a society of warriors. Leadership, strength, utter commitment to their convictions, all good stuff.

Oddly, I appear to be an Elodoth by the StarDate. I wonder if that is why I am always the ST in my group... tongue2.gif

Chris

I voted for Elodoth. I'm not really sure what I am personally, because I have qualities of all auspices, in the different things I do in my life. However, I really like the Elodoth auspice in game, because it's by far the auspice that is most difficult to play, and I give props to those who do it well. It's also the auspice that has the biggest impact on the game, IMO. Because an Elodoth embodies balance, he can on any given occasion act in the extreme, as long as he tempers himself at other times.

Heh,

Apparently I am the only Rahu-lover so far.  I really am fond of all the Auspice roles, but if a have to choose one, then I favor those chosen as THE warriors among a society of warriors.  Leadership, strength, utter commitment to their convictions, all good stuff.

Oddly, I appear to be an Elodoth by the StarDate.  I wonder if that is why I am always the ST in my group...  tongue2.gif

Chris

Leadership... not so much. As I once put it in character, "those lead by warriors will always be lead into war." Which is not a good idea, IMO.

I agree with you on the rest of it, though.

I chose to vote Ithaeur, because I am a big fan of the rites. Not much reason other than that, because I am a fan of all auspices...GO TEAM biggrin.gif

Leadership... not so much.  As I once put it in character, "those lead by warriors will always be lead into war."  Which is not a good idea, IMO.

As I once put it in character, "Life is war. Choose your battles wisely. If you're not fighting for something, you're fighting yourself."

Rahu can make fine leaders, IMO.

--------------------

The Elodoth currently lead the way, with the Ithaeur and Irraka close behind. Like krowe, I find the parallel to the general personality types drawn to gaming rather interesting.

Donor

I chose Cahilith. These guys are the "glue" of their packs, as well as historians, lorekeepers and seers. It's a very flexible auspice, I think.

Donor

I voted for Cahalith. In Apocalypse, Galliard was my favorite, so you can see what types of characters I like. Possessed of stores of knowledge as well as myths, histories and stories, they can suit a scholar. Rousing and inspiring, they are perfect for those that love to play motivators. They make decent leaders. Gibbous moons can be quick to anger, too. They are passionate in everything. They can be quite the warriors. I love the seer aspect of the Gibbous moon auspice in the nWoD.

My personality ranges between the five, but I would say that most common in my personality are the traits of the Gibbous moon, from the creativity to the knowledgability to the passion. I also have some new moon aspects in my personality, and new moon is the phase I was born under. Scary combo, eh?