What's your favorite Path?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Path?

• Acanthus - "Enchanters on the Path of Thistle, Scions of the Watchtower of the Lunargent Thorn in the Realm of Arcadia, Kingdom of Enchantment and Abode of Faeries"
    • Mastigos - "Warlocks on the Path of Scourging, Scions of the Watchtower of the Iron Gauntlet in the Realm of Pandemonium, Kingdom of Nightmares and Abode of Demons"
    • Moros - "Necromancers on the Path of Doom, Scions of the Watchtower of the Lead Coin in the Realm of Stygia, Kingdom of Crypts and Abode of Shades"
    • Obrimos - "Theurgists on the Path of the Mighty, Scions of the Watchtower of the Golden Key in the Realm of Aether, Kingdom of the Celestial Spheres and Abode of Angels"
    • Thyrsus - "Shamans on the Path of Ecstasy, Scions of the Watchtower of the Stone Book in the Realm of the Primal Wild, Kingdom of Totems and Abode of Beasts"

Donor

Are you one of the augers of the world smiling with knowledge of your mysteries? (Arcanthus)

Are you the tempter of man, seeking to test the bounders? (Mastigos)

Are you the harbringer of change and transition in all forms? (Moros)

Do you know your role in creation and are justified in your righteousness? (Obrimos)

Can you see the spirits and the living pulse of the world? (Thrysus)

Donor

By the Way, I'm a Mastigos myself so all beware because I know what your thinking, no matter where you are.

Mastigos.

It's the devil-in-the-flesh imagery, the tempter. VEry cool.

Anyone heard Red Right Hand, by Nick Cave? wink2.gif

Curator

I'm very much an Acanthus, but anyone who's spent any length of time talking to me already knows that much wink2.gif.

Though I'm nothing like the Acanthus presented in the book sso far. I'm much closer to Pandemonium then the heart of my realm.

Donor

In term of life-style, yeah, I'd be an Acanthus, with high luck, able to take the advantage of any opportunity, and a little lazy when I must prepare something.

But I practice what I call the Alchemical Thoughts when I begin to work and think, with a very precise and mechanical logic, so I think that mystically I would be closer to the Moros...

Acanthus. They are the most fun and have the coolest arcanum. Also they are the ones I identify with the most.

Second favourite is Thrysus then Mastigos then tied Moros and Obrimos.

(any reason Acanthus is spelled Arcanthus on the poll?)

Donor

I'm probably Moros, but leaning a bit to the Acanthus side, since I think death and fate are closely tied (yes, I know, it once was the same, called Entropy).

Oh, and Deimos, I think somebody will want to have your head if you don't spell Obrimos right.

I'll give you a cookie if you fix it. icon1.gif

Donor

I deal with life like an Acanthus, but I deal with myself like a Mastigos.

Donor
Oh, and Deimos, I think somebody will want to have your head if you don't spell Obrimos right.

I'll give you a cookie if you fix it. icon1.gif

Not have his head at all...he and others have did as I requested thank you, even if it was against their wishes.icon1.gif

I am anticipitating with eagerness what direction your new leader will take you and hope I can follow and/or give advice if needed. Or asked..icon1.gif

Zenten, Kuroukaze, I'm yours opposite. I'm Mastigos with my "destroy the Order" attitude, but in truth I live like typical Acantus, waiting for "occation" biggrin.gif

Curator

I don't live Mastigos, I rival the Mastigos. I'm the Acanthus that specializes in headgames and itenerant relativity. You can ask Agasha about how weird I can get with how I think; to me, Space and Time are mearly hurdles in and of themselves, and the Mind is predictable...it's Fate that's fickle and Fate that determines the outcomes of the game.

Life's a big game of chess with rules constantly in revision.

Donor

In the spirit of giving my favorite forum and game some life on SnE, I will post my choice for the penny gallery...Obrimos, you foolish boys and girls, as if!

And yes, the thing I miss the most are my conversations with Kurou, we are opposite ends of the spectrum in many ways but we can and do understand each other on every important "end".

P.S. I can't help but to say this is alot of fun being a "regular" poster, am I doing well Deimos? wink2.gif

Mastigos.

It's the devil-in-the-flesh imagery, the tempter. VEry cool.

Agreed. Even if I voted Moros. evilgrin.gif

Anyone heard Red Right Hand, by Nick Cave? wink2.gif

What? The most insidious song about the devil's presence ever made? I mean, EVER?

(ok, I'm exaggerating. But damn, how cool a song can be?)

Donor

I know that is a bad ass song. I love when they play it at the local goth club here. Such a fun slow song to dance too.

Well, I'm a M:tA gamemaster, so I usually play the Seers of the Throne tongue2.gif, but if I were to choose I would take an Obrimos. From the Adamantine Arrow ofcourse icon1.gif. I love my paradox and my paradox loves me biggrin.gif

Well, I'm a M:tA gamemaster, so I usually play the Seers of the Throne tongue2.gif, but if I were to choose I would take an Obrimos. From the Adamantine Arrow ofcourse icon1.gif. I love my paradox and my paradox loves me biggrin.gif

The seers are an order not a path tongue2.gif

I'm either Acanthus or Moros. I've only ever played an Obrimos (Mysterium Obrimos; evil librarian.) So...I guess I'm more Acanthus most of the time, but sometimes, I go all Moros.

As for Order, I'd be Free Council. Definitely.

Donor

To be perfectly honest, as a story device, I find the Acanthus the most useful.

Personally, however, I echo the Mastigos more closely than I do the Fools ;)

Curator

To be perfectly honest, as a story device, I find the Acanthus the most useful.

Personally, however, I echo the Mastigos more closely than I do the Fools ;)

Who you callin' a fool!

Donor

No one, no one, tra-la-la :)

Thyrsus, definitely Thyrsus; shamanistic hedonists whose knowledge of life and spirits demonstrates to them just how young and transitory a race humans are. They are humans, true, and follow their own instincts of procreation and sensation; however, they are also inhuman, feeling the heartbeat of the world as it pulses through them. The other Oaths know of human minds, human remains, human creations, human fates; only the Thyrsus gain the fruits of knowledge offered by the rest of the universe.

Acanthus, all the way. Their powers might not be the flashiest, but I think they would prove the most useful--strong, but covert. Fate is a potent thing, and to be able to manipulate it is ubersweet. And the Time arcanum...at low levels, a great advantage if used properly (you don't need to see 20 years ahead when seeing 3 seconds ahead is just as important,) and at high levels, WOO-HOO! Just watch the movie Clockstoppers if you don't believe me.

And the whole trickster imagery just OWNS. Tricksters are my favorite mythological archetype, because they're so progressive, for lack of a better word.

I am torn between Acanthus and Mastigos.

Fate and Time against Space and Mind.

It really is a tough decision. But in the end I think I'd go with Acanthus. The ability to control time is just so tempting.

I am torn between Acanthus and Mastigos.

Fate and Time against Space and Mind.

It really is a tough decision. But in the end I think I'd go with Acanthus. The ability to control time is just so tempting.

So was I, but chose Acanthus because Mastigos is a little too Power & control oriented for my taste. Yay lack of discipline!