1. 1. What's your favorite Order?

• The Adamantine Arrow - "Ungula Draconis"
    • The Free Council - "The Nameless"
    • Guardians of the Veil - "Visus Draconis"
    • The Mysterium - "Alae Draconis"
    • The Silver Ladder - "Vox Draconis"
    • Apostate - "The Solitares"

Donor

HAH! And at last, the Mysterium takes it's rightful place as leader of the Orders!

Mysterium Fan here. Do love the secret lore. And that's not even considering my secret desire for an Indiana Jones/Secrets of the Ruined Temple themed game.

Guardians of the Veil: Secret police from hell; if the mastigos wasn't creepy enough hehe

Uh, I actually have come to love the Guardian of the Veil now. Mysterium is second, barely.

Is it possible to change your vote somehow?

GotV for me, the transfer of merit doctrine totally screws up the idea of 'good' and 'bad' mages, which makes for some very fun situations

Free Council,How better to explore your,and others minds,then having free subjects willing to learn what "Your" version of reality is?

First choice is the Free Council, because evolution is a fact, and old stuff isn't better just because it was there first. Close second is the Silver Ladder. They seem to be the only ones who remember that Mages were Asleep once, too, and that they don't have to stay that way.

Donor

I've been thinking... why aren't the Free Council referred to as the "Podex Draconis"?

Donor

Because the Draconis names are then names of Atlantean Castes and really don't even belong to the Orders, the Orders just claim them.

First choice is the Free Council, because evolution is a fact, and old stuff isn't better

There are two types of fool in the world: The one says 'This is Old, and therefore Good', while the other says 'This is New, and therefore Better'

Donor
Because the Draconis names are then names of Atlantean Castes and really don't even belong to the Orders, the Orders just claim them.

You have no idea what "Podex" means, do you?

I could definitely see some Hierarch dubbing the Nameless the "Podex Draconis", and the Free Council would definitely claim it as their own. I could also see one of them making it up and using it to mock the other orders.

Mages? Orders? No such thing.

Move along, citizen.

Donor

Podex: the foot. An idea of progress, of evolution. Well found.

But no, I don't see either Atlantean allowing such name to the Libertines or the Free Council accepting an Atlantean title...

Donor

erm, Podex means something else in Latin...

Donor

Oups, didn't saw that. Was in greek mode. Hum, that's quite rude for the Libertines...

I said Mysterium, simply because I read up on weird stuff. And I tend to be enthralled by the whole Golden Dawn/Crowley brouhaha.

Although I do also feel a certain sympathy for the science of the Free Council.

I voted Silver Ladder, what can I say Deimos explanation of the Order on White Wolf did it for me. Those of the Silver Ladder are attempting to Awaken to the Supernal, or a variety of reasons, and so in a way are like the Free Council in "freedom of information" since what greater information or knowledge is there than to bend reality and make the impossible possible? In another way those of the Silver Ladder do dedicate their lives to actively attempting to make the world a better place for humanity, rather than weaking them into a greater form of cosmic slavery such as in the Seers and Banishers, though they tend to screw themselves thanks to their dogma and love of tradition. The Silver Ladder could also be considered the ultimate bad asses and rebels on this side of reality as well since it is the very core of their beliefs that no man, spirit, or god should, and will not, stand before the might and grandeur of humanity and any such creature that attempts to do so will be destroyed or placed under heel. You can smell the Hubris all over them...though it does have that new car smell...(what makes that smell anyway?) The one problem I may have with them though is that they are politicians at heart, its unavoidable no matter what a member of the Silver Ladder may do, and I tend to not like politicians...

As a second order I would have to pick either the Adamantine Arrow, the self-proclaimed fighters and guardians of the world, since they are practical, honorable, couragious, and try to place themselves above politics. They reach further understanding of the world around them through tribulation and (possible) chaos. They are the Spartans of both the ancient and modern age, strong and ever watchful, and will not allow the current powers that be destroy the very things that they care for the most. Like the Silver Ladder any that would destroy their beloved will fall on their knees or worse. The Adamantine Arrow and Silver Ladder are actually fighting for first place. I'll decide who wins or loses based on their order books when they come out...

The Free Council use to be my favorite order of all time, but the order book kinda killed it for me. Sure they gathered thousands of years of knowledge in no more than a few centuries and are one of the most accepting orders out there, but the pure lack of organization and radicalized rebellion kinda killed it for me...It will die down sooner or later though...hopefully

Curator

Free Council Here, though the mysterium was tempting....

Curator

The new Adamantine Arrow book has but strenghened my feeling for the bellicose amongst the wise.

I can relate most (perhaps) to the Mysterium, in my pursuit of interesting experiences. Truth cannot be said nor writ, but I can certainly have fun looking for it.

On that note, though, I've never been able to connect on a deep level - spiritually, personally or even as good friends - with fellow occultists. Almost all of those I've met are opinionated so strongly toward the way they see things, that to even consider the possibility of a new perspective or, worse, an entirely new field of knowledge, is unthinkable. Many are egotistically promoting themselves as teachers of things they know little about, and never claim to know little about anything unless it is in their better interests.

So Apostate seems a fine fit to me, because the things that others squabble about can be more easily explored for oneself, in many instances.