Erinys

Bunyip

Yay! I drew this a year or two ago but have not been able to scan it until now. Since there seem not to be any pictures of the Bunyip, except for some kind of low-quality images in RA Australia, I drew one myself. This took a lot of time and work. I was originally going to draw a Kucha Ekundu next to it and call it "Strange Wolves", so I did not choose to scan it in, but I don't know when I'll get around to drawing the other guy.

I didn't know what to do for clothing, knowing nothing about the original Australian cultures, so I just randomly guessed. I messed up where it should go around the tail, but otherwise the clothes are ok. I am overall happy with this picture.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4522/bunyipcrinos8zi.jpg

Edited by Erinye

Donor

Very nice; I commented about this one in the Werewolf forum, but I thought it prudent to leave a message here, too. icon1.gif

Donor

I like it enough that I think Erinye deserves to be complimented twice. icon1.gif

The shape of the head is very nifty, too. I really like the looks of it.

Donor

I, like many Australians, have a clear mental image of a grainy black and white film showing the last thylacine in captivity. Erinye, you pic made me recall that sad old film...a nice piece of art though it made me feel sad.

LINK

Yeah, Bunyips and thylacines make me sad too.

Donor

I especially like the colouring, and poise in the stance. applaud.gif Very nicely done!

Jahanjahan, thank you for the link; I have had an interest in such beasts for a long time icon1.gif A tragic story, but an informative site.

Kiasyd

letter.gif

Donor

You're welcome, Kiasyd. Many people believe that the Tasmanian Tiger is not extinct, there've been many sightings by reputable witnesses and footprints have been found. Tasmania is a state full of untouched wilderness in which they could have continued to survive albeit in small numbers.

J

Tahnks guys biggrin.gif

The Thylacine Museum is indeed an excellent site. I used the images there as my primary models for the head.

The link is dead now, is the image still online somewhere?

Piece of turd imageshack deleting my images for no reason! *shakes fist*

Edited by Erinye

Well, ImageShack had a server crash and that's what happened to the images I lost. So I need to re-scan it., but unfortunately don't know when I'll be able to.

Thinking about this picture now, I'm still very happy with how the anatomy turned out, but what's with the peaceful, calm attitude? Somehow I was still subscribing to the stereotype of Bunyip as peaceful and calm and all. If I were to re-draw this today, the Bunyip would be scary and aggressive while in Crinos, because that's what Crinos is for.

Edited by Erinye

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.