Kahluah

Hunting Ground: Manitou Springs (OOC)

Well, folks, here it is. The beginning of the tale of a werewolf pack formed under Max Roman's multi-tribal banner.

This is the OOC thread for players and visitors alike who wish to chat about things regarding the game (and not, if the thread meanders that way *grins* I only ask that anyone who is not playing in the game keep themselves from posting in the IC thread(s), so as to keep it all for the players. I will set up a Visitor Thread in due time for people to comment about the game, but for now, the OOC thread will do nicely for the purpose *grins*

I'm currently in the process of setting up the various in-roads for the characters, disseminating various pieces of info through it (I'll take a few liberties with the PCs for the purposes of it, but nothing major). The IC thread will be alive very soon, I promise.

Donor

Oooo coolio! Our own thread to start harrassing the ST.....umm, to make havoc of .... oh that isn't polite either! lol

Second here! OOh! it's so... umm...

Well... what do we do now?

Donor
Security cameras record an average-height caucasian man with blond hair dressed in a Minnesota Vikings t-shirt and blue jeans walking into the room. He looks around, noticing the footprints on the dusty floor. He walks over to one side of the room, takes out what appears to be an ink pen and writes Hunter in Darkness Elodoth checking in on the wall. Then he turns and walks back out the door.

Hey! How'd he do that?

*pushes button*

"Woah" The curator gasps, "What happened there, I suddenly feel all italicy?" He holds his hands up in front of his face, and they've suddenly become like htat film... Sin City. "Now this is freakish..." he murmers to no one in paticular. Then, reaching out he pushed a button.

That's better. happy.gif

Donor

A large mostly gray wolf trots into the room. He sniffs at the footprints on the floor, then trots around the room scent-marking all of the corners. He walks to the center of the room and unleashed a long wall-vibrating howl, then trots out the door.

evilgrin.gif

The UPS guy will be delivering Lodges: the Faithful and WoD: Chicago to my place tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be home when he gets here.

Edited by Leaps-from-Shadows

Orritey guys - each of you should have a message from me with some fore-knowledge for the game, something that each of your characters will know that the others may not necessarily know.

I'll be working on the first IC post for the game momentarily, and then from there we begin *grins*

Edit: Have written up the Setting thread, with an IC premise for the game for you all to read.

http://www.shadownessence.com/forum/index....showtopic=16617

Edited by Kahluah

Also, I've decided that I'll do like the demo game does and stagger the entrances of the PCs, just to allow them to react to one another and their surroundings like in a real gathering. The downside is that characters who are last to arrive will have to wait a little longer, unfortunately, but we've all waited this long, so a little while longer shouldn't be too hard to cope with, hopefully. *grins*

So if your character hasn't been intro-posted by me yet, then all I ask is that you refrain from posting until your character is - I've rolled randomly for the order in which characters will arrive, and will give a little time in between my intro posts to allow players to interact with their characters.

Donor

A small lithe woman wanders into the room. Her barefeet make no noise as she pads over to the far corner. She sniffs experimentally, then unzips her backpack. She pulls out a can of Lysol and sprays the corners, then sprays the air with Oust. She smiles to herself and murmurs, "that's better. Wonder what poor creature died in here? By the smell it had to have been in here ages before it was cleaned up"

Leaps, if Lodges turns out to be good, let me know. I'll have to invest in it.

Hey! I took a shower this morning!

Ok guys, that's officially all five characters intro-posted into the game. Hopefully the staggered starts for everyone wasnt too much of a hassle or anything like that. So far, the game is going beautifully, and if this first 24-36 hours is any indication of the quality of roleplaying I'm going to see, then I'm going to be one extremely happy ST biggrin.gif

Also, once again, please feel free to post feedback on the game, both as a player and a reader of the game. I am still learning where my strengths and weaknesses lie in terms of STing, and anything that helps point them out is going to be a good thing *grins*

Donor

I give the game so far icon13.gificon13.gif two thumbs up. The staggered-entrance introductions were the way to go. Kahluah, you're doing a fine job with the introductions as well as the background info you gave everyone.

It'll be interesting to see how the PbP format holds up once we get more involved and get into combat situations.

Donor

Ok, short intro done. Wish I had more time here on my lunch but it was a quick post. biggrin.gif should be doing more tonight when I'm home from work.

I'd give the game thumbs up, but I'm in Urshul. So that's outta the question.

Its going well so far I think. Been very active. happy.gif

Donor
Leaps, if Lodges turns out to be good, let me know. I'll have to invest in it.

Lodges is good, but only if your character is specifically looking for an established lodge to join. The book is extremely specific to lodges, and has no other info (unlike BotW and LotF). It's one saving grace for an ST would be that it has some pre-statted NPCs (one from each lodge) to give the ST a new antagonist or two. For a player, the NPCs might give you an idea of where to take your character in the future, or one of them could be a mentor or some such.

Donor

Leaps, do you think it would be any good for an ST that wanted to create some original lodges?

Donor

Sure. It's got guidelines (not rules) for doing so. Plus all the existing lodges and pre-statted NPCs can give you ideas.

Edited by Leaps-from-Shadows

Donor

Lucien,

Noooooooooooo!!!!!

I love the new avatar and all, but I miss the bibbleness of the old one. The bibble rocks. Oh, well. Did you make your new one yourself?

Milena did. And I wubs it. happy.gif

I dunno... Sure, Uriel is my Patron Angel, but I got his name tatooed on my left buttcheek. No need to throw it around anywhere else.

(Don't ask where it came from, just that I was Vereah, Vereah, Vereah drunk at the time.)

Leaps, to keep the IC thread Clean, I suggest you read the whole thing. Hugh's already signed it when it was on the table.

Donor

guys, max wouldn't have been so bombarded by questions if we weren't waiting on each other. maybe we should compare schedules and establish some kind of system. i mean, if character A aks Character B a question, but player B is eight hours behind schedule, maybe due to time zones, player A has to wiat awhile before they can do anything. i think we should at least know our ST schedule. because really, he is the one that posts npc responses, moves the scene forward,etc. maybe if he can tell us what times he is usually on? and if someone can't be there at that time, we'll find a way to work around it.

just some suggestions. just worried about the time conflicts when things get going fast and heavy

Donor

Since Khalua lives in Perth there, it's like 16+ hours ahead of EST. Most of the time I do see him is the mornings for me and late at night, like 10pm.

As with PBP, people will jump in anytime they have to post. I know I can get a quick one in the morning before work and then after work which is like 8pm for me. biggrin.gif

This is a learning process and things will get more ironed out over the next few days.

Besides, even if Max got bombarded, he doesn't have to answer. All of us should have some information before hand anyway that we may chose to share at some point or another. We came together, it's up to us now to figure things out.

*grins* To be honest, I'm usually on at all different times of the day/night, so I'll be basically getting to posts as I get the chance to.

But rhi does bring up a very good point - if there's a few things going on at the same time, and it feels like there wouldn't be the time for it ICly, then maybe begin to slow it down just a touch until I get a chance to move it forward, as it is extremely easy in a PBP game for things to get lost in a flurry of posts. On the other side of the scales, however, I don't want to lose the momentum that has been gained thus far for the game, as I'm really enjoying it as an ST (player enthusiasm does in fact feed the ST's enthusiasm for the game). So we'll just have to try to find that happy equilibrium in our own good time *grins* I'm sure that everything will iron itsself out nicely as the game progresses.

In regards to combat (I believe Leaps did ask about it earlier on in the piece but I didn't get around to responding), because combat turns are so reactionary with regards to initiative order and who does what when, I will need people to stay within the bounds of initiative and not post outside of their turn, otherwise peoples actions will get lost with other people cutting in, even with a "Look out!" style post. But when we get to a situation when combat flares up, we can formulate a system for that.

Edited by Kahluah

I often find the case where ST rolls dice, to avoid fould play on the half of players works well. Not that I'm saying anyone will. But humans can be desperate to see their alter egos survive at all costs.