Prince Lodin

Ming Xiao *spoiler*

This is for you guys who are familiar with Kindred of the East;

what Discipline and what level of it is required to be able to get into Ming Xiao´s "monster"-form? Is it Flesh Shintai?

Is it an official power? It is very powerful, to say the least hehe.gif

Donor

Yeah I think the "Boss" fight with her is even harder than the fight(s) with the Sheriff at the end. I would also like to know the particular discipline involved.

Donor

I haven't played the game so it's a bit hard for me to say but it would either be Demon, Flesh or Bone Shintai. Could you describe what the character looks like?

J

Donor
I haven't played the game so it's a bit hard for me to say but it would either be Demon, Flesh or Bone Shintai. Could you describe what the character looks like?

J

I wish I had saved a snap shot of it, Lodin did you? Looks sort of like a very tall sea slug with tentacles that turn into clones of her if they are separated from her body. Her face looks sort of like a Nautilus with the small tentacles.

Donor

Im near the end-game (Hallowbrook Hotel) so i will get a screenshot soon-ish.

Donor

Concerning that fight:

I just pulled out my AUG and crouched behind one of the plantpots by the entrance and unloaded all I had...and then unloaded my rifle...and then my pistol. The spot is bugged so that only one of his attacks can actually hit him, the one that I dubbed the 'Tiger Uppercut.'

The sheriff is only hard if you can't figure out the timing pattern.

Donor

That is Demon Shintai, most definately. Flesh and Bone Shintai can't modify the Kuei-jin's body to that extent.

Depends entirely on the level.. Considering the level 9 flesh shintai power basically reads 'transform into anything.' I wouldn't put it past.. As the leader of the Kuei-Jin in LA (LA was subsequently invaded en-masse by the Keui-jin in the 'official' timeline) I'd imagine she's a Mandarin, if not an ancestor.. So it's possible..

And the 'bits severing off and dividing' thing is also very flesh shintai.. Unless someone made up a demon Shintai characteristic to allow that.

However, her form does have several elements which could be demon shintai characteristics..

I'm going with high level flesh shintai.. Besides, what kind of a healthy, non-devil tiger Kuei-Jin has Demon Shintai at that level (considering you can't have a demon art higher than your P'o score.) She seems a bit too restrained for a tiger..

Provided they followed the storylines, the Kuei-Jin who invaded LA were not ancients.If I remember my LA By Night book corrctly, they were basically outcasts and vampiresof low social status who wanted to redeem themselves. So just because shes the leader of the LA Kuei-Jin doesnt mean shes a Mandarin. You dont technically have to be an elder to hold the title of Ancestor, to the best of my knowledge.

Provided they followed the storylines, the Kuei-Jin who invaded LA were not ancients.If I remember my LA By Night book corrctly, they were basically outcasts and vampiresof low social status who wanted to redeem themselves. So just because shes the leader of the LA Kuei-Jin doesnt mean shes a Mandarin. You dont technically have to be an elder to hold the title of Ancestor, to the best of my knowledge.

On ancestors, there are multiple uses of the word..

Firstly, it's the Kuei-Jin equivallent of 'Prince' in China (Japan uses Daimyo instead, but then they have a different courtly organization structure anyway.)

Secondly, it's a stage of metaphysical power between Mandarin and Boddhisatva, and backed up by the supernatural ritual described in the Resplendant Crane book.

When I said Ming Xiao may well be an ancestor, I was referring to Dharma level. I doubt she's a ancestor in court rank because LA doesn't have a proper court until the New Promise Mandarinate is founded.

Speaking of the Mandarinate.. San Fransisco, the secondary target in the two fang serpent plan, has 2 ancestors sent from the blood court to oversee the invasion. The summary of the LA situation in that book also details one Ancestor, the leader of the Foreigner Vanquishing Crusader faction, who commited suicide after screwing up the invasion of LA. I don't know what changed between the two books, but SF by Night indicates very strongly that there was an organized attempt by a Chinese court to invade North America and that elder Kuei-Jin were involved in the leadership stage.

Which is the game going with? Who knows.. But seeing as Smiling Jack expresses fear of the Kuei-Jin in the game, I'm pretty sure they aren't just lowbies and outcasts.

Just saw this and had to comment; it looks a LOT like Beast Shintai 5 to me, complete with 'limited custom power for animal type'... it's definitely either that or Demon Shintai I think. Both don't require crazy amounts of levels, and give considerable strength to the kuei-jin.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.