Luxifer

Most Broken Discipline

What do you think is the most broken discipline? (TT Rules)  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the most broken discipline? (TT Rules)

• Animalism
    • Auspex
    • Celerity
    • Dominate
    • Majesty
    • Obfuscate
    • Nightmare
    • Protean
    • Resilience
    • Vigor

I think this post is self explanatory.

Though I want reasons.

I think this post is self explanatory.

Though I want reasons.

I don't think any of them are broken... they're all kinda balanced in the new system... if only you made one of these for the oWoD then my answer would have to be "dementation"

Logan

I also vote to abstain. Although if you were to open it up to bloodline disciplines, we would have some much more to talk about. Constance, for example.

Donor

The core eleven are pretty well balanced against each other, I abstain as well. (Getsumei, oh how I love thee. wink2.gif )

On the other hand, why aren't the coils, cruac, and theban on the poll? While they're not as mind-bogglingly strong as Thaumaturgy, the potential for infinite rituals does make them pretty powerful. Though there is the matter of having to join organizations that don't just hand them out, as well as having to bargain, search, or research new ones before being able to use them, so it balances out there as well.

although if i had to, i would sat that the coils, theban or cruac was the most broken.

reason: there are all these source books that allow one to do more and more and different rituals / spells / etc whereas this is not done with the other disciplines.

its the merits that are broken, not the disciplines icon1.gif

that's an interesting statement... how would you say that merits are broken? If anything in comparison to Masquerade they're significantly less powerful in which you had 5 points in backrounds and a potential 7 extra pts in merits... that's broken... the new system evens that out alot...

Logan

i thought you were part of the "the terrible problem" post logan?

it was a joke.

Donor

I also haven't voted because I don't think any of the disciplines listed are broken.

Curator

They are all pretty balanced.

Now, if we were talking discipline combinations, that's completely different.

Celerity+Vigor biggrin.gif

Curator

I will echo with none are broken.

Donor

Ditto here. I just want to see the Majesty errata before I pass any judgement.

Curator

Someone over on the WW forums posted their fix for Obten 2.0 and I thought it lovely. Asked him to post it here as an article, and *checks* he didn't. I think his name was human_being there, will have to go check my PMs when I get home.

Donor
Ditto here. I just want to see the Majesty errata before I pass any judgement.

Majesty errata???

Curator
Majesty errata???

What he said, but with one less ?

I think they're all more balanced than not. However bloodline wise I'm going to say new age obtenebration (name escapes me). Its just too useless for me.

let me guess... you want Obten to be just as broken as in the old system?

new system = balance

old system = broken

Logan

Curator
old system = broken

Agreed.

new system = balance

Maybe, but certainly having NOTHING to do with supporting the Khaibit role in combating dark spirits.

Donor
Majesty errata???

I heard Majesty and Nightmare were fixed a bit, mainly because some of their powers were a bit excessive. Heck, I heard these changes are also present in MET.

Maybe, but certainly having NOTHING to do with supporting the Khaibit role in combating dark spirits.

I'm thinking that part of it is left intentionally vague... as a "ST can insert what powers work on dark spirits here" to be honest I wouldn't have it any other way... as we've seen in the oWoD too much detail is annoying and leads you to having to purchase book after book to find out what happens next...

Logan

Donor

Interesting. Right now there's a tie between animalism and majesty at a heated two votes a piece. tongue2.gif

Still, out of all the disciplines why pick animalism as most broken?

only theory I have is that it allows you to make others frenzy...?

or people have lost their minds and have decided that talking to animals is super powerful compared to manipulating someones mind or emotions... hehe.gif

Logan

I'm surprised too. Most of what I hear about VtR animalism is that you can't command animals at level 1, and how that makes it weaker.

Majesty, on the other hand, has a lot more crunch compared to VtM Presence, just because of the elimination of Dread Gaze. It also has arguably the most popular devotion in Verdical Tongue. Even though I wouldn't, I can see why people are voting for this.

Curator

Broken doesn't necessarily mean twinked.

Stopping to think in such terms, Animalism is a bit broken in that it is entirely end-loaded. Early dots in it don't help nearly as much as other Disciplines but the later dots "make up for it".

As for Majesty and Nightmare, both are strong I don't think they need any nerfing.

Donor

The disciplines in the core are balanced but if you count the supplements that is another ball of wax altogether. My vote would be Sunnikuse. From the writeup it looks to me the only people with a chance against it are mages that have high levels of Fate or a dot of Prime if you allow for the latter to know if any kind of magic is being used not just arcana.