• Nosferatu
    • Ravnos
    • Toreador
    • Tremere
    • Tzimisce
    • Ventrue
    • Other (specify)

Donor
Very good point, Bogieman. It would be interesting to have a story where one of the major elements of the game was a pair of lovers from different sects - Toreador and Tzimisce. Sort of a star-crossed undead lovers' tale :) That would make for one very passionately twisted undead game.

Indeed. Even taking the Romeo & Juliet theme to its extremes, you could have suicide attempts, diablerie and lots of intrigue. I can imagine some great scenes where "Juliet" wakes up to her "Romeo" only to see him leap into the light of the morning sun.

In the same way, you could have two Gangrel characters; one recently-turned Sabbat rebelling against the Camarilla, and one loyal to his/her sire and elders - either lovers, vampiric siblings-in-blood or siblings pre-Embrace. The Gangrel clan bored me terribly until I read more about their split to the Sabbat - now there's a lot more to work with, and I think it's all very interesting. They're fast becoming another favourite clan of mine. But then I suppose this works with any clan, because characters are never clan stereotypes.

I've been on a bit of Middle Eastern kick for a while now, so the clan I play isn't quite as important to me right now as the background I come up with. Obviously, Assamite makes an easy fit, and I have a Librarian that I really enjoy playing, but I would like to try a traditional Cam clan with an Islamic background. I haven't seen a lot of fiction with that particular combo.

I choose Malkavians, ofcourse that becouse my fav charis a malk, Megalomania with a little of OCD, he is don't flip out he is just very goal oriented, but he would kill rape and burn anything if it made him more powerful, but the best part is he seems friendly enough... We havn't started that CHronicle yet but I'm looking forward to the other players seeing this pritty nice guy(even gone play him so that he lothes violence in general) that supports the comunity and tries to improve the city just sit there and watch one of his enemies die in agony...

Thats the way you play a malk play them like normal people then let it slowly creep up on the other players that he is not the most sane malk they ever met he is the oposite...

Much more fun...

I choose Kiasyd, because i've been playing one on nexus for a long time and so far he hasn't died yet and he is the longest running prince of downtown area to live. Not to mention that their appearance friggen rocks.

Donor
I choose Kiasyd, because i've been playing one on nexus for a long time and so far he hasn't died yet and he is the longest running prince of downtown area to live. Not to mention that their appearance friggen rocks.

Naturally I won't disagree with you :) Would it be impertinent to ask whom? It's always nice to find another Kiasyd player.

Kiasyd

Donor

ABOUT FRIGGIN' TIME ANOTHER MALK SHOWED UP!!!

Welcome, welcome, and welcome :rolleyes::D:)

I think that perhaps my favorite character I've ever played was a Malkavain who slowly degenerated into having MPS (multiple personalities - his numbering over 15, each with his/her own stats :D ), who in turn had their own unique set of insanities. Ahh, the endless possibilities :)

Donor

Thank you, Bob. Always good to see another Kiasyd. :D

Donor
For having all the clanbook (I am collector in my inner me), I think that they worth by presenting totally original aspect of their clan, which seems for the most more real and less stereotypical. And my favorite, which made it my favorite clan, is the sethite one. They managed to made the sethite a clan of nice guy who work for the sake of humanity. Set lies... :twisted

Ventrue... hands down.

Collected, motivated, unhindered by ludicrous trappings of the blood like madness or lack of reflections or hands full of dirt. And, in my opinion, their discipline package makes them the most effective and efficient vampire in the game (given an urban, WoD setting). I mean, sure, I can appreciate Obten and Potence and Celerity and all those other powers... but when the world is chock full of mortals, run by mortals, factories pump out money and materiel because of mortals, lights stay on because of mortals, food is replenished because of mortals... well, having two disciplines that totally own them is pretty nice.

And sure, Fortitude isn't that great versus Potence or Celerity, but it's not supposed to be. It stands up just fine to most anything the kine can throw at you. And then it's Presence/Dominate time.

Ventrue rock.

Tzimisce was my first clan and will always be my favorite. As far as that whole 'Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand' shtuff, I just ignored it like a Soccer Mom.

If I ever get a Tattoo, it will be the Tzimisce Dragon on one shoulder and the Sabbat cross on the other. Is that a bit too much?

The Cappadocians and the Lamia have always captured my imagination. I was completely able to identify with hiding both behind a relentless search for knowledge and a fascination with death, and the Lamia's honor-bound oaths binding them to a doomed defense.

Following that thought, the Giovanni are my least favorite clan.

Individual and excellent storytelling can, of course, make any group fascinating but by and large most of the other clans come across as trite contrivances of stereotypes.

j.b.

Donor
So short-sighted, for a Ventrue. There's no reason for Mortals to control anything... :twisted

eh for me it's a toss up between the Gangrels and the Tzimisce.

Grels because I like the whole loner idea. I sympathize with that. I prefer the country Grels and their oneness with nature feel. The animal characteristics are just awesome to play out too, especially when you stop choosing cat eyes and fur and you opt for prehensile tails and gecko suction-esque feet!!!

Fiends because I have a lovely BDSM streak and a love of art that makes Tzims the ultimate artists in my mind. Yeah, I'm a sicko, I know it. But there's something very seductive about the Tzims for me. Which I won't expound on here because quite frankly, it would scare some people, LOL.

that's my lot.

No, your not a sicko for having a BDSM streak. I like that part of Tzims too. I think you would love the setting my GF is setting up in Vamp, we changed so you can play most clans in Camerilla(including Tzims) and the two clans that gets along best are the Toreador and the Tzims becouse toreador just loves how many fun things a Tzims can do...

Kinda partial to the Brujah "Warrior Poet" myself. You know, the one who tries to be the suave intellectual but also has to deal with his inner rage... which when brought to the surface totally ruins his 'brainy' facade.

No, your not a sicko for having a BDSM streak. I like that part of Tzims too. I think you would love the setting my GF is setting up in Vamp, we changed so you can play most clans in Camerilla(including Tzims) and the two clans that gets along best are the Toreador and the Tzims becouse toreador just loves how many fun things a Tzims can do...

Perfect Inzanity, you should email me or PM me or something, that game sounds like something I would wanna be involved in. :thumbsup

As much as I like the Tzimisce, I love the Nosferatu. Quite frankly, not only can the sneak up on you using Obfuscate, but then they hit you exceptionally hard thanks to Potence. Useful as scouts, spies, warriors, or scholars. Besides, who wants to be pretty in a world of darkness...

Gangrel, nothing ever beats Gangrel, for a while (about a year or two) I played Gangrel exclusivly

When you say nothing else beats a Gangrel, do you mean in combat? Not to be rude, but a Brujah or a Nosferatu will at very least put up an excellent fight, if they shouldn't win. Nosferatu have the advantage of a sneak attack, for while the physical senses of a Gangrel are fantastic, the use of Obfuscate (at higher levels anyway) is mystical. The Nosferatu only need the first strike, and Obfuscate will ensure they get it. At least that's how it always seemed to run when I played.

Hehehe, sorry, 'spose I phrased that lazily, what I meant was that Gangrel is my absolute fav, though Brujah and Nosferatu are great clans to play too. I just LOVE the beastial mannerism of the Gangrel, so when I say "Nothing ever beats Gangrel" It's quite a personal statement.

For me it was a toss up between the Toreador and the Ravnos, but went with the Ravnos in the end. The CB:Ravnos did the clan a great justice, especially with the article on the Ravnos clan flaw of being addicted to vice. No longer are they simply Malkavians with magic tricks, or the silly goofball gypsies 2nd Ed painted them as. They can now stand on their own feet as one of the better clans out there (in my opinion)

I'm hoping to play a Ravnos in a local LARP game, so hopefully all will turn out well :D

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.