• Malkavian
    • Nosferatu
    • Ravnos
    • Toreador
    • Tremere
    • Tzimisce
    • Ventrue
    • Other (specify)

Lasombra without a moment's hesitation. These guys have ruled vampire society since the beginning, and without the tedious in-fighting of the Ventrue and then they threw it all away to follow an idiot upstart Gratiano. Just a wonderful story of utter hypocrisy. Plus, Obtenebration is just awesome.

Damn... Well that's what I get for not paying attention! Heh. *Bows in reverence*

To be honest, the chronicle does say that the soul eaters are just myths and you dont NEED to include the souleaters into your chronicle if you don't want to. If you truely are a tzimisce, then you would play around and mold the gameplay to your liking. I'm sure the tzimises wouldn't hesitate to do the same to you.

My favorite clans are Lasombra, Tzimisce, and Harbinger of Skulls. Which do I end up choosing to play most of all? Depends on my mood. I chose Lasombra because of how my personality matches theirs greatly, but I do enjoy the tzimisce and I wouldn't mind playing as a tzimisce, seeing as how I deeply respect the clan.

I've always been a lover of the Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom. If I had to choose a specific Legacy, it would have to be the Nkulu Zao.

Edited by Maou

I've always been a lover of the Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom. If I had to choose a specific Legacy, it would have to be the Nkulu Zao.

Really... Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom?

I found the whole book/series rather... Unimaginative, repetetive and without vision og "feel" :S

I'm going to chime in with the 3rd most popular, and just state that I love playing Tzimisce.

Intellectual, Logical monsters.

I prefer Old-Clan though. Vicissitude is fine, but I mostly like Tzimisce for the background, the history, the attitude, and the weakness. I dont need the special powers. I'm good with the more 'ventrue' lineup of disciplines. Animalism, Auspex, Dominate. Pick up either Fortitude or Protean out of clan.

Add in the evolution, and transcendence aspects of the flavor? Tzimisce. Definitely.

Besides. what other clan so easily lets you do all this cool stuff?

- Prefer my own company to that of others.

- Signature Vampire Pride, Lordliness (Manners, Honor, Arrogance), Territorialness, and Wrath.

- Followed around by a squad of 24 blood bound ghoul(or revenant) special ops forces.

- Walk into Elysium and discuss philosophy calmly with the ventrue prince.

- Go out of the city to your manor and experiment on the usurper you keep in the basement.

- Call your cousins in the sabbat and ask how business is going.

- Don't give a shit about the Jyhad, Don't give a shit about sabbat fanaticism.

My second favorite proper clan would be Gangrel.

Then Lasombra

Then uhhh.

Lamia, Cappadocians/Harbingers, True Brujah, Ravnos, Ventrue, Toreador, Malkavians, Gargoyles, Baali, Regular Brujah.

And then the other clans/bloodlines.

Guest Jeebers

Salubri, DA warrior. With a solid minor in Nosferatu as I think they're a decent bunch.

Most hated clan would be Setites, as they are near useless in most games, with a follow up on disliking Tremere as they don't match any vampire legends.

I've always loved the visceral, cinematic horror of the Tzimisce. Used poorly, they can come across as blunt and cartoonish but when they are done right, Wow! Themes of creeping evil and decay, the ancient ties to the land with the simultaneous role of protector and corruptor, the sheer look of actual fear that crosses a players face when they confront a master of vicissitude.

Aces.

Guest Jeebers

I dunno Steven. The Nosferatu don't delude themselves, either.

Personally, I really dislike the spread of Tzimisce disciplines since they don't fit the character of the clan. Remember, they were based on the novel Dracula and Romanian style vampires. For starters, I'd replace Auspex with Dominate. That means Tzimisce would have Animalism, Dominate, and Vicissitude. Second, 2 handfuls isn't enough to be backed up by the original legends. I'd go for a minimum of 2 inch deep bed of soil (home earth), otherwise some wiseacre player is gonna fleshcraft in the 2 handfuls into their own character's body so they never have to worry about their clan flaw again. My players did.

I'd say Auspex fits a bit more with older themes than Vicissitude does, and replace Vic with Dom if you go down that route. At that point however, you're just left with Old Clan Tzimisce.

-the Hat

Guest Jeebers

No, I wouldn't replace Vicissitude with anything, since that actually adheres to the original Romanian vampire myths.

The Tzimice DA clan novel did a nice thing regarding the clan flaw. The Tzimisce gradually absorbs the "essence" of the soil over an indeterminate period of time, leaving it useless dust after a little while. It needs replacing, thus tying them to the land as they should be. Very nice.

Guest Jeebers

How odd. It's as if the Tzimisce need mineral supplements if that system is used...

:huh:

He he. Consider the link to Kupala, and the way the Tzimisce are sort of mystic leeches on the land of Transylvania. TbN and PGHC has some good stuff on that. Instead of hijacking this one, we should probably start a new thread to discuss the finer parts of Tzimisce clan flaws by the way.

Guest Jeebers

Yup. Next, we'll have Tzimisce running about expounding on the merits of massive herbal extract consumption....

Aye!!! *double fonze thumbs up*

Another tzim fan here

Until recently I never had a favourite clan.

I didn't like them at all to start with, mostly how they were portrayed by others in the early days when the sabbat were just demon worshipping nightmares to the rest of kindred society and wasn't a fan of the first clan book art work. Apart from the back cover :)

I can say that I still pick up both original and revised tzim books and have a good read. That's why they are my favourite

And the many flavours they come in....oh my

Weird malks are the favourite considering everyone bashes the fish variety but I still see them being played as such.

Which is a shame.

I am more or less new to this line of WOD. I vote for Malkavian, may be becouse I am/was an Changling Player/Storyteller. And the Malkav have the most changelinesque feeling, also I like the challenge of playing a char that sees the world a whole lot differently than everone else.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.