• Ravnos
    • Toreador
    • Tremere
    • Tzimisce
    • Ventrue
    • Other (specify)

Pius

Make your choice....

Personally I favor the Gangrel since I am the loner type....

Donor

I just love those kooky Malkavs :)

I went for Lasombra, mainly because they're so very nicely damned. I love the Path of Night and Obtenebration in general. I think they're an interesting clan due to their thoughts on being sent from God, with their mission as demonic types to scare mankind. One major drawback is their power level; any Lasombra with a high level of Obtenebration (3 or above, really) is very hard to defeat in combat. But then that forces players to think of other ways to do things.

I write a lot of VtM stories, and the first mini-antagonist from my first chronicle (a relatively young Lasombra) actually became the main character in my stories... He's gone from Sabbat to Independant in-character, and he's since been "evolved" out-of-character into an elder, for the purposes of my new online chronicle, which needed a strong ruler figure.

Procurator

Ya know, I believe I picked Tzimisce. Though it was a toss up for me with them and the Assamite. I enjoy playing both, but seem to try the other clans from time to time. Then again, being a HST for an online game.. you'd have to at least be willing to play just about anything. So in my honest opinion, I can not perfectly put a finger down on just one certain clan.

Donor
To be perfectly honest, I've been completely turned off to the Tzimisce since Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand came out. That 'Vicissitude as an alien being' hook completely killed any respect I had for the power... but I still enjoy using them as antagonists in my games ;)

To be perfectly honest, I've been completely turned off to the Tzimisce since Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand came out.  That 'Vicissitude as an alien being' hook completely killed any respect I had for the power... but I still enjoy using them as antagonists in my games ;)

I totaly agree, DSotBH is the most worthless piece of garbage ever published (atlest by WW), however it looks like WW agrees, 'cause they reversed pretty much everything from that book. Check out CB:Tzimisce and The Storytellers Handbook for further details....

Donor

Thank the gods... Unless they rescinded that, I probably would have been sick... I'll have to check those out. Thanks ;)

Procurator

I own just about all the books that White Wolf has published for Vampire. I am nearly missing a few books, including the revised clan books. I am now workinhg on gaining Werewolf books, but may not make it in time. I have Mummy, and thats about it for now. Not many of the other systems interest me to much anymore.

Donor

Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand and all of its trash content have been removed officially from the White Wolf cannon. Justin Achilli formerly declared this in one of his online chats.

I was going to expound at length on the merits of why I chose Lasombra, but Bogieman put it so eloquently that all I can do is second his opinion.

True carpathian, demense ruling, Revenant leading, Koldunsim weilding Tzimisce lords come a close second for me.

Donor
Heheheh... I just have to laugh. I love your description of Tzims :rolleyes::D

Hehe, I thought it was good too.

Ok I have a question for you Tzimisce-loving people... for ages I've been toying with the idea of getting the revised Tzimisce clanbook, but I don't really have the cash to waste on something that isn't worth buying. Is it a good addition to a VtM book collection? I have a few clanbooks and the ghoul book, etc, and it'd be nice to have a more detailed look at the Tzimisce (especially their interesting ghoul ideas). Any views would be appreciated.

I belive all clan books are worth buying, and CB:Tzim is one of the best. It gives a unique insight into the clan, and the art is just outstanding. So if you play a timmy you need this book.

Procurator

Well, I do not own the revised Clanbook as of yet.. but a couple friend of mine do, and they have sent me stuff from within the book. As Jonete stated, it has alot of useful information pretaining to the clan in general. It also provides new disciplines and even merits & flaws, backgrounds and I believe a few other things. To me, its well worth getting if you enjoy the clan.

I've got the revised Lasombra, Toreador and Malkavian clanbooks and they're all useful to an extent. But I love the Lasombra one, mainly due to how it's written. If the Tzimisce one is as useful as the Lasombra one then I'll definitely buy it. From what you've said, it sounds pretty good.

Procurator

Well, you may want to get the books that you want.. soon. As of August 2004, White Wolf will stop publication and selling of all present Vampire: the Masquerade books. Only to release a new Vampire, leaving the old one to lurk within the shadows for quite some time. The World of Darkness shall continue, just with a new look.. and new adventures for us all.

Indeed. This is what's costing me all the money, heh. That's why I'm trying to find out which books are worth getting.

I ordered the Tzimisce book, along with the Gangrel and Giovanni ones. I think I'm pretty much done collecting Vampire stuff now. I'm just waiting for the remaining Demon books to arrive at bookshops near me, then I can sit back and wait for Gehenna...

Oh, and to the powers-that-be... Many apologies for going completely off topic here. I'm done now. Sorry!

Donor
I dunno if you checked, but you were just talking to THE power, until Mortekai comes back :D

Procurator

::Chuckles:: Granted, I am the 'power-at-be' until Mortekai returns from his vacation, but even afterwards.. I am still the 'power-at-be' goon. LOL!

Donor

"True carpathian, demense ruling, Revenant leading, Koldunsim weilding Tzimisce lords come a close second for me. "

Ahh yes ... that would be them; my dear Fiends. Proper Tzimisce, none of that "look at me, I's so eee-evil!" rubbish :) I voted Tzimisce (well... Kiasyd being a Bloodline, I guess ... )

A circle of devoted Blood-Bound Childer at one's feet ... obedient zadruga running one's estate ... szlachta guarding one by day and vozhd serving in the war against the Tremere ... perhaps one might discuss the mysteries of Metamorphosis with an esteemed guest over a glass of blood drawn from one of those thrice-accursed Usurpers.

Happy nights. *sigh*

Kiasyd ... no, really :)

Pius

Bogieman, we all share your desire to find out which books are worth buying by hearing what other people have thought of them. For this purpose I am building the DCP Review Script. The script is pretty much set up, but I still need to add the covers of the 278 books added and thir thumbs. I am guessing that will be done in 2 weeks or so.

Peyton is looking over the possibility to merge the Review script with the Forums so you dont have to register twice, so that will hopefully be set up in a few months time.

You also have The Books of WhiteWolf forum where you can get input on books you had considered buying, or that you have already bought.

Now....lets keep this in topic shall we and leave the questions regarding books to the proper forums :)

Pius

hey, no need to be sorry. You brought up a good topic and no one was offended. If I thought it was out of place I could split the topic and move it to the appropriate forum.

So dont worry about it (in fact I am glad you brought it up so I could sneak-promote the Review section ;) ) and keep those posts coming :)

so I could sneak-promote the Review section

Hehe, yup, there's always a plus side to everything.

Ok - back on topic:

I know I've said how I like the Lasombra, mainly for the way they portray the evil side so well. But what about the Toreador (one of my other favourite clans)? Under the surface, the Toreador can be very twisted. If you think about how nasty the Toreador antitribu are, then think that in actual fact, most Torries are like that under the surface, it makes for a very creepy clan. In the same vein as the Tzimisce, they create works of art from skin and bones and blood - only they do it on a canvas, rather than the body. I think the Toreador and Tzimisce have a lot in common and I think it's something that I'd like to explore in a chronicle sometime.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.