Am I red faced :blush . I've just read Shadows of the UK and its great. None of the usual taint of clueless writers not doing there research here. Hell there's even a chavy werewolf with a burberry cap :D . The only thing that stinks is the cover. Still Your London is the best Roma so I'll be sticking with it :)

Edited by hand of destiny

Donor

Cool, Thanx!

Update>

Inspired by Paqman and his Montreal Kindred covenant map, I've added a new covenant map for the 'Lay of the Land' section. Check it out ;)

Wow...I've got to say, this is one of the most amazingly flushed out and stunning ideas ever. You are clearly great at what you do! I love the NPCs, especially seeing as you have an Unaligned Prince! That's something I would have never thought up, and all of these are amazing.

Congrats on the great work Roma!

Donor

Wow...I've got to say, this is one of the most amazingly flushed out and stunning ideas ever. You are clearly great at what you do! I love the NPCs, especially seeing as you have an Unaligned Prince! That's something I would have never thought up, and all of these are amazing.

Congrats on the great work Roma!

Hey TheatrePhreak. Many thanx. It's been a LONG time since I've had a look at the forum. And high time I added a few things. Hopefully soon (with ideas and inspiration from a few real world events in London recently) I might add a few plot and story ideas.

;)

I have not been able to read all of Your work yet as I find it a little bit hard to read long texts from the screen. I will make some printouts later to read it all. Have You started to put it all together in a PDF-file?

Donor

Not yet Glacerghost. It WILL come. I promise

;)

I've been watching your work, Roma, for the better part of a year -- and finally am approaching being able to use your stuff in an upcoming full nwod RP site.

i'll be moving the setting from London to Toronto Canada, but there is so much richness and a fantastic history, I strive to change only what is necessary!

Incredible stuff, I love it all. Keep it coming.

Donor

Thanks Nightingale, that's quite a complement.

I'd love to hear what you do with this stuff in your own campaign, keep me informed if you get the chance!

;)

Donor

Hi guys

Just a quick update to let people know I have 'finally' finished off the Ordo Dracul Rites section in the Dead Empires forum.

I've steadily been plugging away at the 'From the Shadows' history forum and am up to the Great Fire of London and all the good stuff there-in.

Lastly I put a little extra venue titled 'The Gate' in the Lay of the Land forum under the 'Nightlife' section offering up some info on a possible Night Club venue for Supernatural activity in the city with a look at the seriously distbing history of the building and its surrounding area.

Thanks!

;)

Donor

Hi there!

It's been a very very long time since I added anything to the London Project. But I've managed to flesh out a few Carthian and Acolyte coteries who can be found in the city. You can find these at the end of their respective Covenant splats in the Dead Empires section.

There will be more to come I promise, just not sure when. :confused:

But be sure to let me know what you think though!

B-)

Thanks

Edited by Röma Nâim

Donor

A quick update:

I've added a few organisations and groups for the Ordo Dracul and Invictus and am working out Lancea groups as a speak.

Enjoy, and thanks! ;)

Donor

Heya

I've added a few coterie/groups at the end the Lancea Sanctum section. They are the Synod (the council of the Inner Sanctum), The Inquisition and the Dammitic Arcane Order of the Exodus.

I'll be adding the Order of the Dark Temple of Longinus (Templars), and maybe one other as yet undecided faction. Iblic/Exotheist/Westminster...?

The Lancea section is in need of a good edit and tidy up though, so may have to do that first ;)

Cheers!

Hi Röma,

this is really great work! I like it.

Did you ever finish the "From the Shadows" chapter? Because it seems as if the history from 1666 until the present is missing.

Donor

Hi all,

I had to face a question about this project over on the WW Vamp forum recently that I thought was definitely pertinent to these fora and this Comments section in particular. Hopefully it may help you guys get a sense of where things are with regard to the project as it stands. Although not the most helpful post in answering the many questions I've been asked about the project, I hope it gives a bit of background and spotlights why the plans for creating this as a pdf project haven't come to fruition after these many years.

----------

Well, let me put it this way. The reason CotDL came into existence was because I had a lot of time on my hands when I was initially drafting it (The irreconcilable benefit of being made unemployed after the dot.com bubble burst). I created a dozen or so frenetically crafted characters here and there and eventually it blossomed and grew out of the SnE NPC project where it began unlife (embraced if you will). A few thousand words of setting, plot and history later and it had evolved into something of a leviathan (to my amateur perspective anyway) and had become a sprawling morass of characters and plot ideas tied together with little to no formal structure outside of basic chapter headings. I have no idea how many words the project currently takes up, but it's extremely unwieldy and needs copious quantities of editing and proofing poured into it. However, the thing that allowed all of this to come into being meant that I was also pretty much broke. My lil blue and white G3 puter was not up to the job of handling the heavy amounts of material needed to create the pdf which had even struggled to get the LA .pdf to layout due to various component (and yes I'll admit it, nefariously acquired software) problems that I simply didn't have the cash to fix or overcome. Things being what they were I managed to get work, but only recently managed to save enough to comfortably afford a brand spanking new Macbook Pro within the last few months (part of which was funded by my freelance work on Night Horrors Immortal Sinners!), which in turn reduced the level of time I would devote to my baby. I went through spurts of adding material but had basically lost the impetus to continue with the project and left it on the back burner (back burner in this case implying a level of stasis eclipsed only by Weaver spirits :P). That's where the project is at the moment, so with respect to your question; Yes, it has always been my intention to get this to pdf. The when and how of it though remains an unanswered question that I am doubtful I can commit to answering with any level of certainty, partly due to intermittent bouts of perfectionism that I have for this project in particular. Art creation, editing, layout and copy are things I simply don't have time to commit to at the moment easily. Basically, I don't want to give anything like an assurance it will ever become a pdf in the near future. But then, you never know...

Donor

... and so I return to you, Leviathan.

Hi,

I just joined the forum and wanted to thank you for sharing this wonderful setting.

I'll be sure to make good use of your brilliant ideas in an upcoming chronicle.

Cheers.

Donor

Very impressive work I must say.

Im about to run a London By Night campaign and was incredibly hyped to see this project, then realized it was for nWoD :(

Unfortunately we only play oWoD so not useful for me, but still as a homebrew designer this is an impressive and consistently good body of work, keep it up.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.