Donor

Please feel free to let me know what you think about this Forum in this thread

wink2.gif

Thanx

Donor

Ok, just a further note on donations.

From what I can make out anyone with a Paypal account who would like to make donations can do so by using my email adress of roma_naim@hotmail.com to tranfer to.

If anyone has any problems or questions please contact me via email to the same adress or post up queries in this topic.

Thanks in advance wink2.gif

Donor

I've just spent the last couple hours reading through all this (don't know how I missed it until now!), and all I can say is wow!

This is a fantastic piece of work, and I look forward to reading more of it as it is added.

Certainly has put me in the mood to run a London Chronicle.

Thanks for sharing.

Donor

Thank You Eryx_UK.

It's taken some time to get here.

There will be more to come wink2.gif

This is truly an extraordinary piece of work and I'm amazed by how productive you can be. wink2.gif

I see this project has evolved since I last checked. I think an european setting like this is welcomed by many, especially me. Good work and you're not allowed to stop now. icon1.gif

Donor

Hey there Jan

Thanks for your continuing enthusiam for the project icon1.gif . I still have quite a bit to do I know.

The 'Dead Empires' section is more or less mapped out, as is the 'Tales You Tell' section (though I might have to drop one of my planed storyhooks here for 'Blood on the Heath' and skip straight to the big Brood War finalle, I'll see what I can muster). Finishing off the 'From the Shadows' History section has been a bit of a quagmire too but it will get completed I promise. After I add a few more characters to the Antagonists/Allies section the NPCs will be finished. The plan is to detail A rogue ghoul (Garth McNair), A lone mortal Monster Hunter, one of the Questorium (Inquisituion) Hunters, and at least one member of Belials Brood based on a certain Mr Todd who I hope to use in the final 'Secrets and Lies' outro.

All in all I know where I want to get to, its just going to take a bit more time to get there than I had originaly invisioned. The plan is to get this project finalised before a certain WW book detailing the UK arrives on shelves at some point in the nearish future. I'm guessing that the WW material won't have anything like the same setup as i do here so I'd like to get in quick before London becomes solidified in the minds of WW's readers. With luck I'll have finished it before then ready to look over the Spanish (and posible Italian) versions of the ebook being planned.

All in all your quite right, no stopping now! ... watch this space wink2.gif

Wow! I just read the Dead Empires posts and i belive i have changed the long term plans for my current New orleans -> Chicago chronicle to a N.O. -> London.

Thank you for your extensive and stunning work Röma.

Donor
Wow! I just read the Dead Empires posts and i belive i have changed the long term plans for my current New orleans -> Chicago chronicle to a N.O. -> London.

Thank you for your extensive and stunning work Röma.

Hey, my pleasure oddexarcadia, glad your enjoying the project. biggrin.gif

Will be back to complete the DE section soon, so hang tight you Spear and OD lovers icon13.gif

Donor

Wow, just wow I wish I had anything to add but lets just say Vampire is not my game. I just have to figure out how to use this for Mage. evilgrin.gif

Hey Roma, if you want to use liber noctus as an archive site for both City of the Damned: Los Angeles and London feel free. I'd be more than happy to have them downloadable from there.

http://www.geniocracy.net/libernoctus.htm

Basically you can stick the documents on there as you create them.

Donor

Thanks for the offer Luxifer, I think DarkWolf is running through some amendments for the LA City book at the moment, but I'm sure he would be interested in linking the project to your site.

When London is complete in Pdf (looking to be [quite] some time now) I'd be happy to link onto the site as well.

Thanks for the appreciation agasha kumiko, I've tried to leave the city relatively open for use from all the Supernatural resident as much as possibble with snippets for Werewolf and Mage STs to use, even for mortal hunter games ;)

Things have been quite slow on the update side of the project as I have quite a few RL concerns at the moment, but i'll keep adding to the project as and when I get time.

:)

Edited by Röma Nâim

Curator

Agreed. I'm all for further development of this project, and I'd recommend a thorough reading of Shadows of the UK before continuing.

However, I don't believe that Shadows of the UK supercedes what's been done here, and only a few minor modifications and tweaks (which won't substantially affect the spirit of these articles) are going to be necessary to bring this project into line with the outline presented in Shadows of the UK.

This is still a fantastic work. Any queries, PM me. I'll see what I can do to help.

Donor
Agreed. I'm all for further development of this project, and I'd recommend a thorough reading of Shadows of the UK before continuing.

However, I don't believe that Shadows of the UK supercedes what's been done here, and only a few minor modifications and tweaks (which won't substantially affect the spirit of these articles) are going to be necessary to bring this project into line with the outline presented in Shadows of the UK.

This is still a fantastic work. Any queries, PM me. I'll see what I can do to help.

For me at least this project has been pretty much a seperate take on what I would have liked to see done with my home city from how i figured London would be represented in the WoD. I knew that SotUK would give info on London's Kindred society so I hoped (vainly perhaps) to complete the project before the book came out. Unfortunately it had a lot of RL issues to contend with so I wasn't able to give it the time it deserved. I'm still updating the Forum however, and have recently added a new piece in the Allies and Antagonists section dealing with Blood Hunter Ghouls. I haven't got the SotUK book however and probably won't be able to afford it in the near future due to severe financial limitations. Hopefully a friend will be able to lend me the book so I can see what has been covered. Any info on the contents, characters etc would be greatly appreciated though.

Thanks all

Donor

Hi All

For those keeping tabs on the Forum, I've added a few new characters to the Allies and Antagonists section of the London's Damned section, as well as a few extra bits and pieces giving info on Rogue Ghouls known as 'Blood Hunters' and a little bit on the Questorum for those maybe wanting to try out a Hunter based chronicle.

Enjoy

P.S. If anyone has actually used any of the material posted up in the Forum (whether its setting or characters etc) then please drop me a line and tell me how it went, I'd really love to hear from you. icon1.gif

Just posting to try and show my appreciation for the immense amount of work that must have been put into this project. This is nothing short of amazing! I was actually planning a chronicle set in Manchester, but seeing this made me instantly move the whole thing to London. It's a mortal hunter game, so my players might kill off one or two of your NPCs - please don't take it personally tongue2.gif

And again: fantastic work!

Donor
tongue2.gif Hey no offence taken Demiurgos. Just glad to see you liked the work. Let me know how the campaign goes and who gets ashed. Are you planning on using the Quaestorum or just a group of rogue 'Monster Hunters'?

WhiteWolf

To be honest, I wouldn't worry about changing a thing. I'd argue that actually, your own work supercedes anything in a published book.

Even if it was me what wrote it.

Donor
To be honest, I wouldn't worry about changing a thing. I'd argue that actually, your own work supercedes anything in a published book.

Even if it was me what wrote it.

That's high praise indeed. Thank you Wood. icon1.gif

Hopefully when I get a chance I'll be able to grab a look at your work.

I look forward to it wink2.gif

Greeting.

I was recommended this site by Wood, after asking for VtM material for a London chronocle on the White Wolf forum.

I must say I'm very impressed indeed..!

I have only browsed a fraction of the material here, since I'm hoping my Storyteller will be making use of it in our chronicle. But from the small bits I have read, this is far beyond anything I had expected to find when I started searching. My storyteller was thrilled when I passed on the link to her, aswell.

I can only say thanks for sharing your world of darkness with us! I for one, really really appriciate it.

THANKS!! :)

Donor

Hey Dracyrio

Glad you liked the site. Its still incomplete as it's kind of an on going project I add to from time to time now. Hope your ST enjoys whats been presented, if she has any queries tell her to feel free and drop a line.

ps. If you use some or any of this meterial in your campaign let me know what happens and how it goes. I'd love to hear what you guys do with this stuff ;)

Hi again.

I don't know if you've had a chance to read up on the Shadows of the UK book yet. I procured a copy today for some browsing (I'm trying to aid my ST by screening some of the vast amount of source material available).

Shadows of the UK have a lot of very general information about the supernaturals all over the UK, and some more detailed information about Werewolves both in the UK in general and in London especially.

The book is a very good source for playing werevolves in the UK, and a good source for including a dash of other supernaturals in a UK based vampire chronicle, and in particular to include them in a London based vampire chronicle.

There is some material about vampires in the UK, and in London in particular, but it is very generalized indeed. It's a good source when making a chronicle from scratch, but it's by no means near a detailed setting for a vampire chronicle.

That being said, the material is very well done from what I can tell. The covenants and territories seems to me to be feeling the pulse of the UK in a credible manner, from what I know of your country. Still, I believe you are acually a step ahead of them. I refer now to the resent powerchange in your version of London.

All in all I would for the sake of our own future chronicle, agree with the most graceious Wood, and argue to my ST that the material presented by you on this forum should indeed take precedence over that presented in Shadows of the UK, by far..!

I would recommend reading Shadows of the UK as soon as you are able, for the exellent ideas the book offer, and without worrying that it will invalidate your allready exellent London setting. While I have not studied the material offered on these pages, I can say that just ain't possible.

Thanks again for sharing your chronicle with us ^_^

PS: I'll be sure to tell you about it once we get the chronicle rolling. I really hope my ST decides to use your World of Darkness..! It would kickstart our chronicle as only a shot of adrinaline could, I'm sure! :D

Edited by Dracyrio

Superb work Roma and I would like to add my support to the view that your work should supercede shadows of the UK. Especially as WW have a habit of getting the complete wrong end of the stick were the UK is concerned. I cite the dark ages supplement as evidence here. Plus it makes a great change to have detail lavished on the UK rather than " add American city here". Kudos for all of your hard work. Hell WW should hire you and make this cannon. :)

Edited by hand of destiny

Donor

Superb work Roma and I would like to add my support to the view that your work should supercede shadows of the UK. Especially as WW have a habit of getting the complete wrong end of the stick were the UK is concerned. I cite the dark ages supplement as evidence here. Plus it makes a great change to have detail lavished on the UK rather than " add American city here". Kudos for all of your hard work. Hell WW should hire you and make this cannon. :)

Thanks Hand of Destiny much appreciated.

I know that feeling your talking about from past publications though. Wood and his fellow writers did a good job covering such a diverse and highly regional topic as the UK though, not an easy feat given the word count, time limit and space restrictions of a published book when compared to a forum project :).

Thanks Hand of Destiny Wood and his fellow writers did a good job covering such a diverse and highly regional topic as the UK though, not an easy feat given the word count, time limit and space restrictions of a published book when compared to a forum project :).

To be fair to Wood I haven't read Shadows of the UK yet, so I may have gone off half cocked. :blush It arrives in the post tomorrow and then I shall see for myself.

Edited by hand of destiny

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.