zenten

Books you've always wanted to see

To me the thought of Vis being an interdimensional parasite was acceptable, I liked the idea especially as early WoD was'nt subtle in the fact that it was Call of Cthulhu friendly.

On the subject of books wishlist, I quite like the idea previously posted of a "Guide to the Bloodlines" too as there was quite a bit of potential for exploration which was passed over in favour of other things. Shame, GttB would've been a good read and a useful book - rotting Samedi, loopy Daughters of Cacophony, those freaky fae gorged tall bookworms and the canibal Nagaraja and so many more not to mention their wierd Disciplines. Woulda been a cool book.

To the person who suggested a wraith book set in the after math of the malestrom. (I'm to lazy to go back through and quote your post sorry XD ) If I recall NO ghosts survived that, there would be no aftermath as the whole underworld and all its inhabitants were obliterated by it.

If you really want the aftermath scenario for Wraith read Orpheus, that IS the aftermath. I could say more but I don't want to post any spoilers in case you haven't read the whole game line for Orpheus. (or for anyone else who hasn't for that matter) Though I may have just posted on without meaning to its been ages since i've read wraith so i'm worried i'm mixing the two game lines in my head x.x

I personally would love more fiction novels myself for Wraith, Demon and Exalted. I fell in love with the ones I got my hands on now.

Edit- I REALLY am sorry for the huge necro x.x I didnt check the year the last post was..I saw the date it was posted but paid no heed to the year. I feel slightly stupid now. Feel free to um kick me or something for this one

Edited by Josyln

well it seems silly not to comment after the bump.................

I would love to see a book - proper sized book on the UK, by someone that has actually ever been here, because none of the books I have read seemed anything like the UK to me.

Oh and a bumper sized Corax book too.

also how about a book for instructing childer? think Princes Primer but for everyone else (aka how to build a power base when you start with nothing)

Donor

Vampiere: Guide to the Ancient World (Roman Empire, Greek "Empire", Carthaginian Empire)

Crap loads of Fallen books.

Donor

The remaining Convention Books (Revised), Kithbook: Boggans, Keys to the Kingdom, the remaining Concordia-tour books, the Book of Glamour. The list goes on and on and on.

Vampiere: Guide to the Ancient World (Roman Empire, Greek "Empire", Carthaginian Empire)

Crap loads of Fallen books.

Carthage Vs Rome would be amazing! (or just turn into Midnight Circus 2)

The Weaver's shifter insect breeds. I have a friend who knew someone who worked with WW and had seen their stats in an unreleased write up before they were discarded

Procurator

I want Dark Kingdom of Ivory and Memento Mori. *sigh*

Curator

well it seems silly not to comment after the bump.................

I would love to see a book - proper sized book on the UK, by someone that has actually ever been here, because none of the books I have read seemed anything like the UK to me.

You say that, but well - I remember reading Shadows of the UK. And you could tell the writer was a native. They still made a couple of mistakes that annoyed me.

I never really used much from it though. Ultimately, when it comes to dear Blightly, perfidious Albion... I don't really need someone else to write a book.

You say that, but well - I remember reading Shadows of the UK. And you could tell the writer was a native. They still made a couple of mistakes that annoyed me.

I never really used much from it though. Ultimately, when it comes to dear Blightly, perfidious Albion... I don't really need someone else to write a book.

I don't need someone else to tell me about the UK but I would like to know what was happening (by the book if you pardon the pun) in the UK in the WoD.

My family are from Northern Ireland and I found the throw away "the troubles are down to two Brujah" thing to be offensive tbh, there is so much that could have been done with the place that just wasn't touched on.

Curator

I know what you mean and that would have been a nice resource in principle.

Just that when I got it in nWoD... it didn't quite fulfil my expectations after the initial glow wore off.

And might well have hapened with oWoD. Besides... through exhaustive reading, I did feel like I had a fair picture of things.

And yes, I can imagine finding WW's description of the troubles offensive in places.

edit: Is that a dirty leeds badge over your map of Norn Iron there?

Edited by Von Bredow

edit: Is that a dirty leeds badge over your map of Norn Iron there?

Oh yes...........

:thumbsup

Procurator

Memento Mori was the Wraith equivalent of the Book of Nod, or Apocrypha. It was going to be a book written by the Ferrymen, dealing with Transcendence, and other wraithly concerns.

Donor

I think it would be cool to see a setting book for India. Primarily focusing on events and institutions prior to the Week of Nightmares, then some info of what remains after.

Personally, since I am a bit biased, being Swedish and all, I would really like a book (in modern times - Wolves of the Sea is good, but still DA) that accurately portray the Nordic Countries (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands), specifically. If you think their portrayal of Britain is a bit off, we get treated even worse. What little is written is often extremely strange and wierd (Vampires having to go into hibernation because of the midnight sun phenomena? Pffft! Only north of the Polar Circle!). This is why me and my brother are working on and off on an area sourcebook / campaign supplement to deal specifically with our own home region - Scandinavia By Night. If we build up enough momentum, we could even make it non game specific, including Werewolves, Changelings (Scandinavian folklore have some really wonderful creatures) and all manner of other beings. If anyone is at all interested, I could post it somewhere when we're done (if ever).

That being said, most of the suggestions given here are really great, particularly those of India and Central America, and the historical settings. But above all, what WoD lacks is coherence. Being a Storyteller, there seems like no end to all the books I have to leaf through to find specific information! Something along the lines of an in-joke at a recent roleplaying session: Book of Relevance. :P

Donor

If anyone is at all interested, I could post it somewhere when we're done (if ever).

I'd be interested.

Donor

There are a slew of changleling books. Heck, we didn't get half the kith books.

The 1st edition V:tM storyteller book had a small pile of story-hooks, never to be seen in any other books. I'd love a book of story-hooks.

Also, I'd love modules/stories/adventures/whatever. Dungeons & Dragons had a mad pile of these in the 80's. White Wolf shoulda made these.

Curator

If anyone is at all interested, I could post it somewhere when we're done (if ever).

Me too.

My favorite books in the NWoD have been the chronicler's guides and the upcoming book of Mirrors. Both of them are great for being able to change the game without having to create whole seperate lines (ala Dark Ages or Sorc Crusades, Wild West, Victorian Ages). I would've loved to see that concept in the OWoD because it solved the big weakness of the game, bloat and writer's writing themselves into a corner that the canon nazi's refused to let them out of.

I'd be interested.

+1

Donor
There are a slew of changleling books. Heck, we didn't get half the kith books.

Yes we did. The only one we didn't get was KB: Boggans.

Technically there was no KB: Sidhe, but between Nobles, the Book of Houses, Por l'Amour et Liberte and the Book of Lost Houses they were covered pretty well.

Donor

I always wanted Kithbook: Sandchigger.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.