zenten

Books you've always wanted to see

Donor

I think the book we've always needed is "Rage Accross Elysium", detailing the methods Garou can use to crash vampire parties.

So how bout you, what books do you think white wolf missed out on printing?

Donor

Dark Colony 2.0, because the first one sort of sucked. More specifically, Boston by Night might have been nice.

Personally I think a lot of the last WoD-books was a waste of time and money... a fast-paced decay.

But, books that could be useful, would especially be city-books.

Would loved to see Rome by Night, for example, and especially if it was Victorian Age! More VA in general! happy.gif

..And VA: Wraith... The closest WW came, was the VA for vampire with some ideas for ghosts and the x-over book "Ghost towns" for wraith and werewolf, with a setting in the wild west. Oh, and some info in Necropolis: Atlanta.

Maybe VA: Inquisitor could be fun...

The Books of Mist: a Players Guide to Cantrips and Unleashing

Heck, I would have liked to have seen more for the DA: line . . . Mage, Werewolf and Fae specifically. But, hey, that's what the projects here are for, right? wink2.gif

Donor

Demon: the Nephilim, the Malhim, the Book of Legions, the War of Wrath...wait, I'm already working on these. tongue2.gif

Donor

How about Kenmore by Night? Detailing how small town vampires manage to get by. They could have Mike as a signature character.

Donor

That's funny. You hurt me. Is so funny.

Donor

Book of friggin' Glamour! If there's a single book in a single gameline that was *needed* more than that one, I can't think of it.

I would've liked to see Mummy material that branched out from the Egyptian setting.

Totally agree with the Victorian Age comments!

I wouldn't have minded a Wraith sourcebook on Les Invisibles (Creole Wraiths), and any kind of Mage/Werewolf crossover.

Edited by Microhard

Donor

How about Bloodlines: the Lost? An entire book dedicated to the horrible demise of the various bloodlines that were editted out of Revised Masquerade.

Of course, I stil think Clanbook Ravnos shojld have been a twenty page pamphlet with each page detailing one of the surviving Ravnos.

Donor

Time of Judgement: how it REALLY ends.

In other words: a slew of end-game bookS, one for each gameline, with the quality of execution of Ends of Empire and with one official ending that crosses over the entire World of Darkness but applied to each game's point of view.

A rpg-book I would really, really love to see, would be for Warhammer 40k... I love the setting. Daemon-summoning in space! Space-ships! Inquisitors!

If WW made it, it could have been good. I really don't care who makes it, as long as it works and gives me positive vibrations happy.gif

...if they did a deal with GW, it could be made into a part of WoD via the Technocratic Union's trekkies... since they got space-marines already...

Maybe even a funky game-line:

After the Time of Judgment! To the future and beyond!

I'd like to see Changeling: the Earthbound published... but I'm biased icon1.gif

A KotEK citybook. Not sure where for - my knowledge on Africa is pretty damn patchy - but they had so much potential. I would have loved a good example of how their cities work.

Or the Book of Courts, for KotE. A book of npc sketches for various Courts across the Middle Kingdom, ideas on how to structures a Court, what the mandarins, etc. actually do on a nightly basis, how it is maintained. sad.gif

Morrigan

Donor

DA: Ghost or DA: Umbrae

DA: Fae Companion

All of the applicable demon books

Hunter: Nightmares (changeling)

Dark Age: Wraith/Ghost (is there really a difference, beyond name?) would be cool, though it should perhaps be changed to Dark Age: Revenant as most stories I'm familiar with from the Dark Ages concern shambling corpses.

Go Annael! Book of Glamour! the missing gem for Changeling.

Finish the Guildbook line for Wraith.

VA Wraith & Dark Ages supplement woulda been nice, didnt have to be a hardback to please me.

Pure fantasies.. Wicked City for KotE!

And a Black Dog in your face no holds barred Cultist book for mortals and supernaturals alike that seek satori. Rotes, rituals, merits and flaws, and all manner of cool stuff for those that suffer delusions or really hear the call of the Dark Mother.. Children of D'Hainu : Bahari

evilgrin.gif

Dark Ages Werewolf Companion

Dark Ages Mage Fellowship Splatbooks including Taftani

Dark Ages Europe Revised (More maps, more information about mortal affairs and culture, remove the Vampire stuff)

The Complete Canon Genealogy of Practically All Vampires

Vampires: How We Manage To Suck Human Blood And Not Reveal Our Existence To The World Every Single Night (The inability to understand this was largely responsible of alienating me from Vampire!)

The Unified Cosmology Book (With perhaps, say, 7 different versions of unified cosmologies)

The Antediluvians (The complete history from the beginning, with cool illustrations and STATS! "I have Obfuscate 12!" "Set has a moustache!" "Lilith cheated on Caine with Haqim!")

Xaltotun

Donor
The Antediluvians (The complete history from the beginning, with cool illustrations and STATS! "I have Obfuscate 12!" "Set has a moustache!" "Lilith cheated on Caine with Haqim!")

Yeah, I really want to see that too biggrin.gif

Donor

Azrael:

You hit the nail on the head with the bit about the ToJ books. I'd love to see this done with some sense of style, interest, and most importantly, a real sense of closure for their respective lines. None of this "choose your ending" crap.

Also, a book about how Camps in Werewolf Tribes culturally intermingle with their Tribe as a whole; a book on the Silver Fang Lodges; seconding LS on the Book of Glamour; Cross-over information for systems other than Vampire/Other splat (along the lines of the Hunter Antagonist books, but for the other game lines).

Donor

Changeling: BoG! Defiantly BoG! Keys to the Kingdom would have been good as well. I'd also like to see Bogan printed, but I'm happy with the Fan project as is. I love Rev's Smokeless Flame idea, since many of my games are set some where on or near Asia Minor. Oh, and a Changeling Revised, with some better organization and cantrip rules, but I can work around it icon1.gif Most anything else I could want is either already a project, or suggested for future ones, Yeah Changeling Forum!

Mummy: I would have loved to have seen some source books for Mummy games set in Asia or South America, and maybe something on the Shuankhsen (I'd suggest they get their own project here, but they seem to be getting integrated into the Story Teller's Guide.) A book on the Cults, and maybe the servants of the undying would be cool as well. Oh! and a book on the minnions of Apophis! That would be excellent! Ok I could keep going I geuss it's summed up as More Mummy!

Werewolf: To be honest everything I wanted was already printed, baring expanded revised Breedbooks, I think I'm good.

Wraith: I would have love to see a book about the after math of the Maelstrom. And maybe a Dark Kingdom of Sands book (once again Rev has started this project, so I can wait.)

Orpheus: Well the T&S fan-book was excellent, so I wish it had been printed with a fancy hard cover, but I'm pretty happy with what I've got.

Mage: A Cult of Isis book! If they are so old a prolific why are they barely mentioned in cannon at all? I'm still a tad upset they didn't make it into Dark Age: Mage. I also would have loved to see the SC setting expanded, it was a beautiful setting with so many possibilities, I wish it had sold better.

Hunter: Loved the concept of Bystanders, I wish they had been expanded on.

Vampire: Umm, no thank you I'm happy with the Requiem

Demon: Never read anything, so I can't really comment

MET: Some Laws of the Resurrection errata, seriously is that so much?

Donor
... and especially if it was Victorian Age! More VA in general!  happy.gif

..And VA: Wraith... The closest WW came, was the VA for vampire with some ideas for ghosts and the x-over book "Ghost towns" for wraith and werewolf, with a setting in the wild west. Oh, and some info in Necropolis: Atlanta.

Maybe VA: Inquisitor could be fun...

Additionally, considering the pure research demands on a ST, more VA "by Night" books would have been great!

VA Vienna by Night (english, by WW) seems to be a non-concern amongst most SnE members, but I personally think that it would have kicked some serious backside!

VA: Society of Leopold (or Inquisitor) would have (quite simply) rocked my socks, as would have an in depth look into the fledgeling Arcanum (seeing as how that society was born in the Victorian Era)

VA Necropolis: Rome. Indeed my imagination fires at such a thought. Almost as much as it does regarding VA Vienna by Night biggrin.gif

Almost, but not quite ...hehe

Donor
MET: Some Laws of the Resurrection errata, seriously is that so much?

You would have to completely rewrite the rules section so, yeah, it would be. Which is too bad. Mummy looked like it would have been a damn fine live action game based on the setting - no worries about daylight/night hours, no inherent hyper-violence, PCs are actually working towards the same geneal goals, you get to be good guys and little opportunity for mass combat. But the actual crunchy bits of the book were so bad to make the game unplayable.

I really would have liked to see the Orpheus-books reviewed.

The story was great, but there were some inconsitencies (did I spell this one right?).

Or a comlete Orpheus-Game-Masters-Guide, including the storyline chronological and ALL non-player-Infos.

A player's guide is needed as well.

An Orpheus-Screen would have been great as well as Orpheus-Dice.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.