Man in black

Salubri third eye

Technically a third eye would allow one to see four dimensions as three dimensions is the interaction between two eyes, so logically a third eye would add a fourth dimension.

Also, J-Rod, iirc (and I might now, it's been a little while) Saulot goes into The East seeking to reclaim Golconda (the way I always heard it he had it since waaaaaaaaaay back and lost it at some point, I don't know why). There are several references to him there ( I think in Hunters Hunted and a handful of KotE books where he is called Zao-Lot the Demon King ) which I think is the basis for his creation of the Baali (it's either that or that's where he comes up with the whole Tremere idea, having failed twice to create a worthwhile clan). The details are fuzzy, it's been a while since I used ye olde V:tM brain cells.

Technically a third eye would allow one to see four dimensions as three dimensions is the interaction between two eyes, so logically a third eye would add a fourth dimension.

Also, J-Rod, iirc (and I might now, it's been a little while) Saulot goes into The East seeking to reclaim Golconda (the way I always heard it he had it since waaaaaaaaaay back and lost it at some point, I don't know why).  There are several references to him there ( I think in Hunters Hunted and a  handful of KotE books where he is called Zao-Lot the Demon King ) which I think is the basis for his creation of the Baali (it's either that or that's where he comes up with the whole Tremere idea, having failed twice to create a worthwhile clan).  The details are fuzzy, it's been a while since I used ye olde V:tM brain cells.

You were always more on top of the metaplot than I was, so you probably have better memory of that than I do.

The Wan kuei need it at the 3rd level and the kin-jin need it at the second to get the 3rd eye.

I always thought the Saulot story of the Kueijin was fishy, and they chased Saulot out not because he was a thief but probably over something involving enlightenment...

Perhaps it was Saulot who developed the Third Eyen and he Taught the Wan Kuei?

I think the Wan Kuei were Jealous at how Saulot could reach Golconda within a mortal Lifetime, while they needed to work millenia to obtain their State of Forgiveness. So like the Tremere they spread lies based off of their own bias on Saulot. Perhaps even Xue Himself was not Angry at all with Saulot, but his other Disciples were Jealous of this Barbarian who easily (in their eyes) obtained Enlightenment while they still struggled with it. So when Xue Ascended they drove Saulot out and claimed he was a theif.

Also If I remember Correctly Saulot chose to willingly step down from the bliss of Golconda in order to do what was (in his eyes) necessary for the greater good.

*Light, Archetypal identity, oriented to self-reflection

This chakra is known as the brow chakra or third eye center. It is related to the act of seeing, both physically and intuitively. As such it opens our psychic faculties and our understanding of archetypal levels. When healthy it allows us to see clearly, in effect, letting us "see the big picture."

Most insightful, milady *bows* This is such a fascinating topic!

I see the third eye as a physical manifestation of a spiritual truth; as one comes closer to Enlightenment, it affects the body as well as the soul. It is harder to exist while marked, but the old idea behind the Salubri (and early edition V:tM, now I think on it) was that they came to redemption through suffering, so would bear the stigmata stoically.

Facetious or not this is most elegantly put icon1.gif

There is a cannon suggestion that those with the third eye should be allowed extra Auspex affects, but although I think it was in one of the old Dark Ages books, I am afraid I do not have a reference.

I do like the idea that the Eldest is also looking for Enlightenment. I think that tE (inelegant, but shorter than he/she/it) is searching from a point of view that starts with the body, with overcoming physical limitations, where Saulot is beginning by working with the soul. If Golconda is one form of Enlightenment, and Metamorphosis is another, then there would seem to be at least two ways to reach it for Cainites alone. But as to the third eye, I think it has to have a dimension more than the physical; otherwise any Tzimisce could create a facsimile and shortcut the process.

Kiasyd

letter.gif

Perhaps it was Saulot who developed the Third Eyen and he Taught the Wan Kuei?

I think the Wan Kuei were Jealous at how Saulot could reach Golconda within a mortal Lifetime, while they needed to work millenia to obtain their State of Forgiveness.  So like the Tremere they spread lies based off of their own bias on Saulot.  Perhaps even Xue Himself was not Angry at all with Saulot, but his other Disciples were Jealous of this Barbarian who easily (in their eyes) obtained Enlightenment while they still struggled with it.  So when Xue Ascended they drove Saulot out and claimed he was a theif.

Burn him!

(ok, nice theory)

Guest Hello
On 11/17/2005 at 3:59 PM, Zearoth said:

Clanbook Malkavian Revised mentions the eye as a gift from Malkav to Saulot when the latter went off on his journey.

And yes, you develop it along with Obeah/Valeren.

Malkav drew and eye on Saulot's fore head. The actual eye didnt appear till after his return from the east.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.