That illo, by Andrew Trabbold for Shunned By the Moon, the Werewolf: The Forsaken Night Horrors book, btw, is how my brain is right now.
It’s high pollen time right now here in the Spring on Macungie Mountain, and every thought I need seems to require being pulled out of a cotton candy wadding around my brain.
I am a zombie, koo koo kachew!
So, bear with me on this MMN blog. I’m going to keep it a tad shorter than usual – hey, stop cheering – and there might be more mis-typing. Don’t worry, I’ll leave corrections on Pg XX.V5 Chicago By Night art by Michael Gaydos
That’s the Fuzzy in our blog Title today, now here’s some of the Social part: the last couple three weeks, you may have noticed that we were doing some damage control on the missing errata for our Scion books.
I wrote updates here on where things had progressed each week so there’d be a source of info and a curated space for that info to be processed. A fair number of backers wanted more info, or wanted what they wanted right away, and we really we not in a position to answer anyone’s questions until the team could try and figure out what happened.
I asked for patience, and explained why with what info we had upfront, and there were a lot of people who stood up and let everyone know that how we were handling things made sense to them.
Giant thanks to all of you!
Now, what I wanted to explain is really for the benefit of the people who tried to post their thoughts/questions in the blog comments section during this time but didn’t see them come up. There were a few nasty comments, and a few inquiring comments, and I had reasons for blocking both.
For those of you who were asking questions, who just wanted more answers than I had to give, I’m sorry you were shut down. I posted the comment in the first blog’s comment section and reiterated that I wasn’t going to engage on further questions in order to spend our time finding out what happened, so I hope you understand what predicated that decision, but still, I hope you’ll try and comment further in the future.
For those who wanted to post angry, nasty, comments…that’s not going to fly here. It’s not about your emotions, it’s about how they are expressed and whether it’s fair to allow one person’s feelings to upset and drive off other posters. Nasty posts might feel good to the poster, but they are awful to read, particularly if the reader isn’t here for Scion, but for the Contagion Chronicle, for example.
And I know that nastiness has this effect because after almost every time we ban someone from the forums because of a nasty series of posts, I get private messages from forumites whose forum names I’ve never read before to thank me, and usually explaining that they were afraid to post to that forum because of the virulence of that banned poster.
So there’s that. We want our community to feel good interacting with us and the rest of the community, and will curate our social media spaces to try and enable that.Shunned By The Moon art by Leo Albiero
From the serious to the ridiculous: this week I’ll be sitting down for an interview with Dixie and Eddy, I think, as Matthew is visiting the Queen for their monthly pow-wow. It’s in celebration of the One Year Anniversary of the Onyx Pathcast!
Why, it’s hard to believe that just a year ago, three bright-eyed and eager young podcasters came to me with a crazy idea – why couldn’t they do an Onyx Path focused one?
Why not indeed? In fact, they could! And it’s really, really good!
We’re so glad that folks have kept listening and supporting it, so I’m sure we’ll talk about that. If any of you have questions you’d like them to ask me – or you’d like me to ask them! – please pop the questions into the comments section below.
With that, I’m talking my pollen-addled brain and shuffling away. Somewhere in there, I’ll be musing all about our:
Many Worlds, One Path!
Our next Kickstarter starting in a couple of weeks will be for Pirates of Pugmire!
ONYX PATH MEDIAIllustration by Charles Bates
On this Friday’s Onyx Pathcast the gang interviews John Burke, a man with a huge accent and writing talent to match: https://onyxpathcast.podbean.com/
And Here’s More Media About Our Worlds:
The Onyx Path News last week was broadcast live (which seemed to go down well with the viewers!) and can be found here: https://youtu.be/Qny9awhqVzc
Here’s episode six of our Contagion Chronicle actual play, as the protagonists stumble upon a Beshilu nest: https://youtu.be/ozp5TO3h5Lw
In case you missed it, the Story Told Podcast reached episode four of their Dragon-Blooded actual play: https://thestorytold.libsyn.com/
The ever-wonderful Devil’s Luck Gaming have moved on to a Chronicles of Darkness story! Please do check them out: https://www.twitch.tv/DevilsLuckGaming
Red Moon Roleplaying continue their Scarred Lands campaign, the Great Vilhaim Heist, run by Matthew Dawkins: https://www.redmoonroleplaying.com/podcast
Occultists Anonymous’ Mage: The Awakening chronicle continues apace and can be found right here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLh4mWsf86RuXzrrY_oHyjU4DdtE4MNsv2
And here’s the Dramatic Failure Podcast‘s Geist: The Sin-Eaters chronicle for your dark enjoyment: https://dramaticfailure.podbean.com/
Please check any of these out and let us know if you find or produce any actual plays of our games!
As we find ways to enable our community to more easily play our games, the Onyx Dice Rolling App is now live! Our dev team has been doing updates since we launched based on the excellent use-case comments by our community, and this thing is both rolling and rocking!
Here’s an update from the App devs:
We’ve been having trouble fixing the android bug that messes up the resolution for newer phones. I think we have a fix for that. It was also brought up that the store display is wrong on most tablet devices, so that is getting fixed too. That should all be soon!
ON AMAZON AND BARNES & NOBLE:
You can now read our fiction from the comfort and convenience of your Kindle (from Amazon) and Nook (from Barnes & Noble).
If you enjoy these or any other of our books, please help us by writing reviews on the site of the sales venue you bought it from. Reviews really, really help us with getting folks interested in our amazing fiction!
Our selection includes these fiction books:
OUR SALES PARTNERS:
We’re working with Studio2 to get Pugmire out into stores, as well as to individuals through their online store. You can pick up the traditionally printed main book, the Screen, and the official Pugmire dice through our friends there! https://studio2publishing.com/search?q=pugmire
We’ve added Prince’s Gambit to our Studio2 catalog: https://studio2publishing.com/products/prince-s-gambit-card-game
Now, we’ve added Changeling: The Lost 2nd Edition products to Studio2‘s store! See them here: https://studio2publishing.com/collections/all-products/changeling-the-lost
Scarred Lands (Pathfinder) books are also on sale at Studio 2:
Looking for our Deluxe or Prestige Edition books? Try this link! http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/Onyx-Path-Publishing/
And you can now order Pugmire, Monarchies of Mau, Cavaliers of Mars, and Changeling: The Lost 2e! http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=296
On Sale This Week!
This Wednesday, we’ll be dealing out the Scarred Lands 5e Spell Cards!
UK Games Expo: May 31st – June 2nd From the US comes
Eddy Webb, Matt McElroy, and Rich Thomas to join with Matthew Dawkins,
Steffie de Vann, John Burke, Chris Allen, and Klara Herbol!
Gen Con: August 1st – August 4th
Save Against Fear: Oct 12-14
GameHoleCon: October 31st – November 3rd
We’ll also be back at PAX Unplugged later this year.
And now, the new project status updates!
DEVELOPMENT STATUS FROM FAST EDDY WEBB (projects in bold have changed status since last week):
First Draft (The first phase of a project that is about the work being done by writers, not dev prep)
- M20 Victorian Mage (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Geist2e Fiction Anthology (Geist: The Sin-Eaters 2nd Edition)
- Exalted Essay Collection (Exalted)
- Kith and Kin (Changeling: The Lost 2e)
- Scion: Demigod (Scion 2nd Edition)
- Trinity Continuum Jumpstart (Trinity Continuum Core)
- Masks of the Mythos (Scion 2nd Edition)
- Scion: Dragon (Scion 2nd Edition)
- Wraith20 Fiction Anthology (Wraith: The Oblivion 20th Anniversary Edition)
- One Foot in the Grave Jumpstart (Geist: The Sin-Eaters 2e)
- Dragon-Blooded Novella #2 (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Exigents (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Terra Firma (Trinity Continuum: Aeon)
- Legendlore core book (Legendlore)
- Monsters of the Deep (They Came From Beneath the Sea!)
- DR:E Threat Guide (Dystopia Rising: Evolution)
- TC: Aeon Jumpstart (Trinity Continuum: Aeon)
- Tales of Aquatic Terror (They Came From Beneath the Sea!)
- DR:E Jumpstart (Dystopia Rising: Evolution)
- Tales of Good Dogs – Pugmire Fiction Anthology (Pugmire)
- Let The Streets Run Red (Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition)
- Dragon-Blooded Novella #1 (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Chicago Folio/Dossier (Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition)
- Cults of the Blood Gods (Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition)
- Across the Eight Directions (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Blood Sea: Crimson Abyss for 5e (Scarred Lands)
- TC: Aeon Ready Made Characters (Trinity Continuum: Aeon)
- Mummy: The Curse 2nd Edition core rulebook (Mummy: The Curse 2nd Edition)
- City of the Towered Tombs (Cavaliers of Mars)
- Heroic Land Dwellers (They Came From Beneath the Sea!)
- Hunter: the Vigil 2e core (Hunter: the Vigil 2nd Edition)
- WoD Ghost Hunters (World of Darkness)
- Oak, Ash, and Thorn: Changeling: The Lost 2nd Companion (Changeling: The Lost 2nd)
- Night Horrors: Nameless and Accursed (Mage: the Awakening Second Edition)
- Memento Mori: the GtSE 2e Companion (Geist: The Sin-Eaters 2nd Edition)
- M20 The Technocracy Reloaded (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Creatures of the World Bestiary (Scion 2nd Edition)
- Heirs to the Shogunate (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Scion Companion: Mysteries of the World (Scion 2nd Edition)
- Deviant: The Renegades (Deviant: The Renegades)
- Trinity Continuum: Aberrant core (Trinity Continuum: Aberrant)
- Pirates of Pugmire (Realms of Pugmire)
- Spilled Blood (Vampire: The Requiem 2nd Edition)
- CofD Dark Eras 2 (Chronicles of Darkness)
- Distant Worlds (Trinity Continuum: Aeon)
- Scion Ready Made Characters (Scion 2nd Edition)
- Lunars: Fangs at the Gate (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- M20 Book of the Fallen (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
- V5 Chicago By Night (Vampire: The Masquerade)
- V5 Chicago By Night Screen (Vampire: The Masquerade)
- CofD Contagion Chronicle (Chronicles of Darkness)
- Witch-Queen of the Shadowed Citadel (Cavaliers of Mars)
- Trinity Core
- Trinity Aeon
ART DIRECTION FROM MIRTHFUL MIKE:
In Art Direction
- Ex3 Monthly Stuff
- Chicago By Night
- They Came From Beneath the Sea!
- EX3 Lunars
- Hunter: The Vigil 2
- Contagion Chronicle
- VtR Spilled Blood – Contracted.
- M20 Book of the Fallen
- Dark Eras 2 – All sorted, I think.
- CoM – Witch Queen of the Shadowed Citadel – Mr Pride working on these right now.
- Pirates of Pugmire – KS art contracted, sketches and finals coming in.
- Trinity Continuum: Aberrant – KS art started contracting.
- Scion Ready Made Characters – getting artist on these.
- Dystopia Rising: Evolution – With Josh.
- Shunned By the Moon
- Scion Jumpstart
- Trinity Continuum Core – Index is in.
- The Realm
- Book of Oblivion – Inputting last corrections.
- Signs of Sorcery – Dev comments back to layout.
- Aeon Aexpansion
C20 Cup of Dreams Novel
- Scion Hero – Shipping to backers, PoD proof ordered.
- Scion Origin – Shipping to backers, PoD proof ordered.
- Scion Dice – Shipping to backers.
- Scion Screen – Shipping to backers.
- Fetch Quest – Waiting for PoD proofs.
- In Media Res – PDF out to backers, gathering errata with new sheet.
- Geist 2e – PDF out to backers, gathering errata with new sheet.
- Scarred Lands Spell Cards – On Sale this Wednesday.
- Adventures for Curious Cats – PoD files uploaded.
- Tales of Excellent Cats – PoD files uploaded.
- Dragon-Blooded – Deluxe at printer. Signed off of Press Proofs.
- Dragon-Blooded Screen – At printer.
- Trinity Core and Aeon Screens – Files at printer.
TODAY’S REASON TO CELEBRATE:
Yesterday was Cinco De Mayo. And the day before was May the Fourth be With You Day, and May 1st was May Day… so today, maybe we celebrate not celebrating.