In which the trio attempts (and likely fails) to define “fun.”
- It’s episode 50!
- What is fun? Clowns?
- “Fun” is really hard to define
- Eddy has spoken about this and speaks on it here!
- A healthy debate on win conditions
- A bit on play style
- When aren’t games “games,” we ask, and a bit on puzzles
- Sometimes players change the game you’re playing
- Mystery book digression
- What we enjoy out of a game
- Skyrim, somehow
- Social elements of games
- Fun vs. Engagement
- OBLIGATORY WRESTLING
- Matthew doesn’t know what roller derby is
- Dixie explains roller derby badly
- Online roleplaying
- What do we find NOT fun?
A Theory of Fun: https://www.theoryoffun.com/
Eddy’s website: http://eddyfate.com/
Gone Home: https://gonehome.game/
Dear Esther: http://www.thechineseroom.co.uk/games/dear-esther
Life is Strange: https://lifeisstrange.square-enix-games.com/en-us/games/life-is-strange
The 7th Guest: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_7th_Guest
Doki Doki Literature Club: https://ddlc.moe/
Promethean: The Created: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/chroniclesofdarkness/prometheanthecreated/
Wraith: The Oblivion: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/classicworldofdarkness/wraiththeoblivion/
Horror on the Orient Express: https://www.chaosium.com/horror-on-the-orient-express-pdf/
The Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Munchausen: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/27/the-extraordinary-adventures-of-baron-munchausen/